Laszlo's Lackies v Ross's Raiders

A few short weeks ago this game had many of us salivating at the prospect of a top of the table clash between the two form sides, with the winners being heralded as League Champions in waiting.

Fast forward a few weeks and it is quite a different prospect. Saints have been humped by Livi, scraped a win against the team 50 (yes 50) points behind us and Utd. are in freefall, having slipped to 4th in the league and with the Manager looking like he has lost the dressing room.

Saints need to refind the form that put us top of the league and has kept us there to win this one and reinforce our lead. United need to look in the mirror and ask themselves if they fancy, or are even capable of surviving, another season in the Championship. Slightly different motivations and different form, but the reward for the win is just as big. This could either be a very nervy, scrappy affair or an all-out cup-tie type match, let's hope it's the latter.

My heart says a close match with Saints being victorious by the odd goal as we have been slightly less crap of late. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some debate on BAWA about whether we were right to postpone the Falkirk game tomorrow night as it might end up being postponed again due to the 24th being an international weekend and leave us with a couple of extra games to play in April - personally I'm glad were going into Friday nights game with a bit of a breather and think it's the better option.

Not sure how this game will pan out will Dundee United fire themselves up ? Saints to go out and show why we are the best team in the league ? First up  United  v QOS tomorrow if United drop points here I can see them coming out on Friday low in confidence.

Who knows certainly an interesting watch which thankfully is  on BT sport. Being self employed have made plans to attend the last two games of the season , have only been to two home games this season so will give up my long standing season ticket next season so thank goodness for Buddie vision.

48 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

100% the better option to postpone the Falkirk game. 3 games in 6 days is a lot. Plus we're not in as good a form as recently, looked a bit nervous last couple of games

Yeah we've allowed incidents to put us off our stride - Samson/Baird clash vs Livi and missed penalty vs Brechin. hopefully the extra few days will let us get focussed again.

I wonder if Lazlo has cheered up any...

LWORlzG.gif

Funny to think that only just a few weeks ago a possible win against United would be considered a huge leap forward in claiming the championship. Now? It's nothing but an annoyance while we concentrate on the two clubs most likely to finish in the top 4; Livi and Morton.

1 hour ago, flyingscot said:

100% the better option to postpone the Falkirk game. 3 games in 6 days is a lot. Plus we're not in as good a form as recently, looked a bit nervous last couple of games. 

is the bottle finally about to burst :lol: 

47 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

If anything I admire Szamo's Sisyphean diligence.

Thank f**k for that!!!!!!!!!

Szamo will sleep easier tonight knowing that he has your admiration.

Really want Utd to win this one [emoji3] 

It's swung from St Mirren fans wanting a Utd win last week to us wanting a Utd win the week after [emoji3] 

I think most of us probably wanted a draw / Home win last week, with their games in hand (which aren’t a given) we needed your mob to take something from them.

So basically, you should be cheering for us now and repay the niceties..

14 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Really want Utd to win this one :D 

It's swung from St Mirren fans wanting a Utd win last week to us wanting a Utd win the week after :D 

Utd win was the worst possible outcome on Friday. Shite as they are, they still have three games in hand over us and we're notoriously bad at Tannadice so that gap may have closed very quickly indeed. 

Draw was preferable but a Livi win kept Utd at bay and Livi's run of fixtures in the next few weeks looks quite tough to the point where I expect them to drop something somewhere. 

Archived