Judging People

Hammer Jag

Having read through the scummy behaviour thread,  I noticed one poster saying that anytime he saw someone drinking Buckfast he dismissed them as a scumbag.

What makes you pass judgement on a person? I think we’re all guilty of it at some point.

Anytime I see someone wearing ‘Help For Heroes’ merchandise I immediately think ‘Thick, right-wing, Rangers-supporting bigot’.

Let’s hear your examples. It can be judgements based on people’s behaviour, appearances, habits, interests etc.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got pulled up on here for critcising a thick set person in a rangers top I saw in the chippy who had a poppy tattooed on his arm with 'lest we forget' tattooed under the poppy. I thought it was a bit crass and deemed the guy a fuckwit.  I was probably being too judgmental. I also can't take anyone seriously who is older than 16 and wears Stone Island.

I try hard to not tar all Old Firm fans with the same brush but the vast majority of them are genuine c***s. There isn’t another group of people on the planet that are so paranoid and obsessed with each other despite trying desperately to convince everyone else that they aren’t. 

Paranoia plays a big part in society these days, young people in relationships especially. It’s as if they are actively trying to expose each other of cheating or are hellbent on making something like liking a photo of another person of the opposite sex more than what it is. 

4 minutes ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

I got pulled up on here for critcising a thick set person in a rangers top I saw in the chippy who had a poppy tattooed on his arm with 'lest we forget' tattooed under the poppy. I thought it was a bit crass and deemed the guy a fuckwit.  I was probably being too judgmental. I also can't take anyone seriously who is older than 16 and wears Stone Island.

It’s just a jacket mate. I had someone go on a rant to me in a pub because I was wearing SI despite me clearly not being a football casual. If a jacket can rile you up then you should probably not leave the house. 

In fairness, he probably was a fuckwit.

Just now, Karpaty said:

It’s just a jacket mate. I had someone go on a rant to me in a pub because I was wearing SI despite me clearly not being a football casual. If a jacket can rile you up then you should probably not leave the house. 

I used to wear Stone Island when I was younger but now it seems to be the clothing of choice for neddy teenagers. When I see an adult wearing it I automatically make negative judgements. I'll admit that is wrong and a bit daft.

Anyone I see at work or out and about who is staring at their phone everytime I see them. Usually dismiss people like this as a total moron with no personality or anything interesting to say. Needless to say it's usually young women who are guilty of this.

CpVi8DFXEAEmY9D.jpg

People whose Twitter picture contains more than one "twibbon" - the calling mark of a complete wacko who is best avoided at all costs. LOOK HOW MANY CAUSES I CARE ABOUT!!!LOOK!!!

Neck/hand tattoos.

Also, people who get precious about others being judged. Who fucking cares?

5 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Personalised number plates, sleeve tattoos, people driving around with naff car stickers/signs ('Baby on Board', 'Daddy's Princess on Board', et al.), and grown men wearing replica football shirts on foreign holidays. 

Seconded on sleeve tattoo's. I assume people with zero personality follow the fashion to give them something to talk about. 

A lot of driving sins I'm capable of forgiving, but I instantly judge anyone cutting corners badly when turning as being utterly unfit to drive. The amount of times I've been approaching the give way road markings turning right and had to slam on the brakes because some cuntbag (usually in an old Corsa, Fiesta or Clio) has sped round while making a turn and cut into the give way markings on my side of the road is staggering.

To illustrate: (red pen is me, happily keeping to the right without going onto the wrong side of the road; blue pen is said fuckface happily ending up on the wrong side of the fucking road by rushing their turn)

blob.png.188ce1c8a1d77e99af412e66a6a5cc61.png

Pedestrians crossing the road that are so distracted by their mobile phone they forget to, er, make sure they aren't running the risk of getting crushed by a car are too stupid to live.

Archived