Arbroath vs Ayr United

Thought our defence & midfield were immense given the conditions. Closing down and winning everything and I suspect there will be some heavy legs this morning.

As for strikers i thought wallace was ok but looks like he’s down a bit on confidence and swankie didnt have a great game either but mcintosh did well when he came on.

Ps after a woeful first 5 minutes (i think he gave the ball away about 5 times!) hamilton had a solid game

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There were times it appeared that TOB was in control of the wind, some of our poor long balls where nobody knew where they were ending up he just stepped out of defence, stood still and stuck his napper on it.  

Useless skill in most other games played but fair fucks for it last night :lol:

I think both teams did rather well considering the conditions, and a draw probably a fair result overall.

Two months ago I wouldn't have believed I would have said this; but I think people are being harsh on Swankie's performance last night and I think it should be pointed out Dick made an excellent tactical change at half time going to 4 at the back in the second half. I think if we'd stuck with the 3 we'd have been overrun out wide and I think Dick learnt from both of the 4-1 games against Ayr earlier in the year. I'm quick to criticise him, so it's only right he gets praise when he gets things right.

In terms of Swankie, no-one can really be singled out last night for criticism in my opinion. The conditions made things very difficult, and a lot of Swankie's game is precision passing which was virtually impossible last night. He got stuck in when he was moved into the centre of the park and yet again the difference last night compared to the first half of the season in terms of determination and commitment seems to be night and day.  After a very slow start to the season I think he might just be coming good at the right time if he continues with the same attitude and application through the play offs he'll be an important player for us in the play offs.

Dropped points at home has cost us or we would be challenging. Only 7th in the home league table and 2nd in the away table.

Also can’t seem to beat Alloa or East Fife to save ourselves 3 points from 18 against them so far.

The East Fife games in particular have been brutal, even when we played them off the park they got a 90th minute pen.

More chances for both teams than I could remember. That FK is ridiculous. Pins us right back into our own box and the goal comes 22 seconds after it.

It's a shame the highlights miss the foul, as I'm still not sure what happened. I can't see the ref booking the boy unless he's left his boot in. Tbf the ref was right there.

Mcguffie's goal is not really done credit by the camera angle. It makes it look almost like a gk error when in reality it was a belter. I'm a little surprised there wasn't more efforts from range from both sides shooting that way.

It's a shame the highlights miss the foul, as I'm still not sure what happened. I can't see the ref booking the boy unless he's left his boot in. Tbf the ref was right there.

Mcguffie's goal is not really done credit by the camera angle. It makes it look almost like a gk error when in reality it was a belter. I'm a little surprised there wasn't more efforts from range from both sides shooting that way.

Foul is included in the highlights, 6 minutes 25 on Ayrs ones. It’s an absolute shocker of a decision.

Just seen the highlights. How the f**k has the ref given the free kick on Martin that lead to the Ayr goal? It’s utterly baffling.

Shocking decision. Also if the ref thinks he's stamped on him has to be a red. Adams was the one flying in.

I don't think it fully shows it. I think the foul happens after the camera moves away. Surely?

Nope. Happened right in front of me. That’s what he gave it for, why it’s so frustrating for everyone.

Ayr had chances and deserved a draw but if that wasn’t given you might not have scored. Totally changed the momentum the last few minutes too you got right up for it, was sure you were going to get a second.

21 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Tbf i think both teams were  pretty good at getting out quick to close down players within shooting range

one man doesnt make a team but the loss of doris has been a huge loss this season. saying that all lichtie fans if asked at the start of the season if we are in the play offs it would be a successful season. but maybe just maybe championship beckons

Archived