Arbroath vs Ayr United

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My first and last time at Arbroath, absolutely awful conditions for both teams and talking to Arbroath fans this seems the norm at Arbroath. Went over to the main stand side the last ten and the wind was blowing you away thought the flag pole was going to crack, so well done the players from both teams for trying to put on a show in those conditions. Draw a fair result but thought we were beaten tonight.
good Arbroath team who will not be far away in the play offs and hope we're not involved

That was most definitely not the norm. It’s usually a bit breezier than the average ground but it’s never as bad as that all the time.

Someone already mentioned it but it’s only been like that for 2 Home games this season, tonight and Raith before Christmas.

Farcical conditions. Never a game of football by any stretch of the imagination, mcguffie's strike was sweet but apart from that a total write off as a spectacle.

Arbroath keeper had a great game.

Top of the league albeit by a hair's breadth but given the circumstances happy with a point.

We should really be seeing to that absolute mince but fair enough to the shutdown shitfesters of Arbroath for restricting us.

Genuinely don't think it'll have much bearing on the promotion race.

We'll be fine now...

3 minutes ago, sci-fi said:

We should really be seeing to that absolute mince but fair enough to the shutdown shitfesters of Arbroath for restricting us.

We'll be fine now...

You've let absolute mince take 7 points from you this year.

We'll be fine now...
What a dick.

My first and last time at Arbroath, absolutely awful conditions for both teams and talking to Arbroath fans this seems the norm at Arbroath. Went over to the main stand side the last ten and the wind was blowing you away thought the flag pole was going to crack, so well done the players from both teams for trying to put on a show in those conditions. Draw a fair result but thought we were beaten tonight.

good Arbroath team who will not be far away in the play offs and hope we're not involved

You must have only spoken to Arbroath fans who only go to the games if gale force winds are blowing. We have had plenty of games this season where the flag has barely moved and as has been mentioned the home game with Raith was the only game that was windy like last night.

I thought due to the conditions Ayr would have run with the ball and

Played some football second half but luckily you tried more direct stuff that is far more difficult to pull off due to the wind.

Conditions were terrible for football but other than enclosing the ground and putting a roof on it were going to have games like that now and again.

36 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

What a dick.

Love you too pal.

Was about to concede misplaced bravado on the "absolute mince" comment, but getting called out by one of my own has made me withdraw the withdrawal.

Difficult night, on reflection more than happy with a point.

What a dick. 

As a neutral, I really enjoyed last night's game. Conditions were shocking but both teams gave it their best. Two cracking saves from the Arbroath keeper but top man for me was Ricky Little who marshalled the Lichties back line superbly. Thought the home team shaded it but not too unhappy that the travelling Ayr fans were able to celebrate coming away with a point. Great support.

Draw definitely seems fair enough going by the highlights, Jamie Adams should have had a double before Denholm's goal but I'm happy enough with a point. Arbroath are remarkably well-equipped for this league given that they only got promoted last year, would definitely fancy them for the Playoffs.

Seemed to be a very good away crowd there considering the distance, the fact it was midweek and the apocalyptic conditions. The clappers need to get as far into the sea as possible though.

Draw definitely seems fair enough going by the highlights, Jamie Adams should have had a double before Denholm's goal but I'm happy enough with a point. Arbroath are remarkably well-equipped for this league given that they only got promoted last year, would definitely fancy them for the Playoffs.
Seemed to be a very good away crowd there considering the distance, the fact it was midweek and the apocalyptic conditions. The clappers need to get as far into the sea as possible though.

Most of them were left behind the goal after switching at HT

18 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

f**k clapping your hands when it's that cold, all about that two clapper game. 

Thought Scott Martin was the stand out performer in last nights game with Gomes and T.o.B. not far behind him.

Worrying that the 2 strikers we had on Swankie and Wallace are absolutely woeful.

I cant believe we have Wallace on a 2 year deal when he offers nothing to the team. Please hurry back Doris!

Also, hope Gold's injury isn't too bad.

Archived