Question re West Region restructuring play-offs

glensmad

Where Clydebank will finish in the league is irrelevant if their intention is to leave the juniors as early as this summer. It would still leave the top league with only 15 teams unless a rethink is done regarding the play-offs.

I know this is only hypothetical at the moment but, were Clydebank to leave the juniors this summer as seems to be their intention, it would leave us with three leagues of 16 and one league of 15 after the restructuring. You would imagine that the powers that be would want the bottom league to be the league of 15, creating a space for a new team to join. It's how they go about doing that with the current rules on promotion and relegation for the restructuring.

Would they just leave it for a season with the new "Premiership" having only 15 teams, and then for one season only in the new set up promote four teams from each league while only relegating three ? Or would they try to re-jig it so the top league has 16 teams from the outset, and perhaps the two 5th placed teams in the District Leagues could be involved in the play-offs as well to make up the 16 in the new "Championship" (stupid stupid name) 2nd-tier league ?

I suppose it's all hypothetical until Clydebank confirm their intentions, but from what I'm told their intention is to make this move quickly like Kelty Hearts did last year.

And here's another scenario.

Say, for example that Clydebank finish 11th, consequently meaning that they are due to play the team who finish 6th in Super Division One. If Clydebank then say "we're off, see ya", then would that mean the 6th placed team in Super Division One automatically win the play-off by default, while the 5th place team would still have to play over two leagues v 12th in the Premier ?

I know I'm way ahead of myself here, but my info is that this is genuine and not really just hypothetical.

12 hours ago, glensmad said:

And here's another scenario.

Say, for example that Clydebank finish 11th, consequently meaning that they are due to play the team who finish 6th in Super Division One. If Clydebank then say "we're off, see ya", then would that mean the 6th placed team in Super Division One automatically win the play-off by default, while the 5th place team would still have to play over two leagues v 12th in the Premier ?

I know I'm way ahead of myself here, but my info is that this is genuine and not really just hypothetical.

That's not the scenario as I understand it. In the playoffs it's 11th v 5th and 12th v 6th. Dunno if that makes it better or worse ....

That's not the scenario as I understand it. In the playoffs it's 11th v 5th and 12th v 6th. Dunno if that makes it better or worse ....

No it's not. It has been confirmed as 11th v 6th and 12th v 5th.

Archived