Arthurlie Fire sale

Juniors supporter

8 minutes ago, glensmad said:

We were delighted you made those decisions, Jordan Leyden and Gary Smith have been great signings for us. Smith still only trains with the team every other week due to work, but that hasn't stopped him scoring 19 goals so far this season in only 14 starts + 6 sub appearances. Oh yeh, and 5 in a friendly v Arthurlie.

I also think Gary will be delighted...at the time the club made the decision to move him on I had the conversation with him that moving on would probably kick start him again... things had gone horrificly stale for him at Arthurlie and the previous three managers had all put him up for transfer and hardly played him... he' a good player that needed a change of scenery and it' worked out to be the case.  

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also think Gary will be delighted...at the time the club made the decision to move him on I had the conversation with him that moving on would probably kick start him again... things had gone horrificly stale for him at Arthurlie and the previous three managers had all put him up for transfer and hardly played him... he' a good player that needed a change of scenery and it' worked out to be the case.  

And we've certainly been the beneficiaries. He's had two spells of about a month each out with injury as well, hence him only starting 14 out of our 27 games, otherwise he'd have had a lot more goals. Best free kick taker from 25 yards that I've ever seen at Glencairn.

4 hours ago, combineharvester said:

It can’t be true cause nothing’s true without concrete evidence that was basically reply others got when commenting on other topics 

true story 

Oops the village idiot has the community computer again.  

8 hours ago, Satori. said:

Oops the village idiot has the community computer again.  

Yes that would be me .....a dnt stay in a village  tho that seems to be the problem  

a think the problem is here that satori that your genuinely struggling to cope with your clubs problems on and off park especially with all the rumours going around 

I think it’s annoying you more that others seem to know more what’s going on behind the scenes than you ... things like the tractor rumour and the supporters trust fund rumours hvnt even been mentioned yet but we wull leave it at that  cause you’ll be clueless about them to 

Think You should hv enough now to make your agm interesting that’s if you even attend

for the record did you back your teams fundraiser 

1 hour ago, combineharvester said:

Yes that would be me .....a dnt stay in a village  tho that seems to be the problem  

a think the problem is here that satori that your genuinely struggling to cope with your clubs problems on and off park especially with all the rumours going around 

I think it’s annoying you more that others seem to know more what’s going on behind the scenes than you ... things like the tractor rumour and the supporters trust fund rumours hvnt even been mentioned yet but we wull leave it at that  cause you’ll be clueless about them to 

Think You should hv enough now to make your agm interesting that’s if you even attend

Did you ?  Would have been handier for you seeing as it was in Neilston.

Seems to indicate serious issues between the football cub and social club.

2 hours ago, combineharvester said:

You are making an awful lot of assumptions about me.  I don't like what is happening at my club but struggling to cope, no . Far more important things in my life. I find it hard to attend a lot of things at the moment as i am working away in another country. When i'm home i support everything my club run .

The tractor story sounds good. The supporters trust fund even more so . As i have already said to your better educated friend, if these rumours you refer to are found to be true then i will hold my hands up and admit to being wrong. Don't think i can be fairer than that.  

15 hours ago, ChrisMackie09 said:

Again I need to ask you the same question ..the team I took over had won one game in eleven and previous to me joining the club they had been fighting relegation on and off for years.  This I ripped up a good team is a myth and an easy way out.  

If I'm honest there where 3 players if looking back I would have kept.  Ryan McGregor, Jordan Leyden and Ryan deas.  If you genuinely look at the defenders I had at the club pretty much the same as the season before and in my opinion daly McKenzie and Lennon had more to offer than Carroll, Smith and mctearnan. Carroll had major injury problems and the chance to sign McKenzie came up so I done it. Daly in my opinion at this point has more to offer than  Smith who could only train every two weeks and came off a season where he had scored 6 goals.  Anyone who saw Lennon under myself can't disagree with the fact he started the season in great form.  

This is only my opinion and if you ask anyone of the committee I think they would agree if we had stayed together and kept the squad the club wouldn't be in this position.  I left almost 7 months ago the club had 6 points in the league ...7 months later they are out every cup and have picked up one point in the league in 7 months.  Guys come on start looking closer to home... I also would like to think I'm an honest guy if anyone wants to ask me the ins and out of any the departures I'm quite happy to explain or any sign on fees etc... I have nothing to hide I will answer 

Just a mess Chris. Hopefully bounce back soon.

Archived