Arthurlie Fire sale

Juniors supporter

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Carilly said:

Yes that’s true but some players receive half at start and half at Christmas!!!

Ok then we will leave it at that,it was his signing on fee.  Glad that's been cleared up........

Just to add,it was an exceptional signing on fee he received,if that was only half of it he got at Xmas....

9 hours ago, Bigjimmcalpine said:

It's really nothing new for guys to get half a payment at the start and then the middle of a season ( call it Xmas in this alleged case if you will ) 

Before clubs paid a weekly wage there was a thing called a signing on fee , if could be very substantial and a few players could have negotiated £5000 for example as a signing on fee , loads of clubs got stung as only a few weeks into the season players were taking their ££££££££ and dissapearing into the sunset , lots of clubs cottoned onto this and went for example of X2 £2,500 payments or even more spread out payments than this to avoid being stung , it was a regular occurrence back in the day and who knows maybe it suits players too to have a more spread out payment, it most certainly helped clubs from avoiding losing £££££££

PAYE's introduction was supposed to have seen these obsolete because the Revenue was taxing the whole payment. Getting the fee as a weekly instalment (players were on the minimum £1 a week otherwise) lowered the level taxed. Maybe things have changed further and there are now both big signing on fees and big weekly wages!

On 11/03/2018 at 12:53, combineharvester said:

A won’t be name dropping any committee members names and maybe when you go to your clubs agm at season end you should ask the questions there ...

i kbow a lot of gd ppl from the club inclu nugent4nil and I know the wurk that goes into every club a jist commentated on what a was told 

Now thats one of the most predictable posts ever.  Incoherent as it was, its exactly what i expected.  

9 hours ago, Satori. said:

Now thats one of the most predictable posts ever.  Incoherent as it was, its exactly what i expected.  

Well we are going round in circles here u hv no evidence to prove me wrong and I’m not name dropping any  one ....  as a said maybe you should ask in more detail some questions at your clubs agm 

On 3/10/2018 at 18:51, combineharvester said:

As said b4 it’s a football forum which rumours and gossip start some true others are not and only people that know the truth are the people at the club that run it ...

And I’ve only commented on what a was told  

the only facts I know is I was told my rumour from a committee member  weather it’s true or not is a club issue 

Why would a committee member tell you a rumour about his own club?  He would know what was happening in his own club.......................So why would he tell you a rumour????????????????????

41 minutes ago, Monalie said:

Why would a committee member tell you a rumour about his own club?  He would know what was happening in his own club.......................So why would he tell you a rumour????????????????????

Not at all... if u read the post it states  that this forum is about gossip and rumours   N it was my rumour ... was told it from a member  

8 minutes ago, combineharvester said:

Not at all... if u read the post it states  that this forum is about gossip and rumours   N it was my rumour ... was told it from a member  

Like  I said earlier............why would a committee member tell you a rumour , not facts, about his own club?

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

perhaps a regeneration down a division would help things.

I know this sounds good in theory, but it only works if you come back up very quickly, and I seriously doubt this would happen in Arthurlie's case. 

As a Killie fan a lot of people said the same about us, but think of Raith Rovers, Dunfermline, Falkirk and ICT and you see that in reality it is not really a good idea.  Arthurlie need to stay up  this year, regroup and hopefully progress next season once Ogilvie gets in his own players.   I really feel sorry for him having to work with what he was left with. 

If Arthurlie go down I really worry about them being able to regroup and get straight back up - their support has fallen dramatically in recent years, indeed I would say there is mass apathy among the people of Barrhead and there is an acceptance that they are going down.   I know lots of people who went for years who no longer go and watch them, which is a shame.   I used to go along if I wasn't at the Killie game and a good number of my friends would come along too - in the last 3 years I am really the only one who still does so and to be honest I have seen very little to entice me back again. 

It hurts me to say some of the above as I have family and friends who are big Arthurlie supporters.

24 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

I know this sounds good in theory, but it only works if you come back up very quickly, and I seriously doubt this would happen in Arthurlie's case. 

As a Killie fan a lot of people said the same about us, but think of Raith Rovers, Dunfermline, Falkirk and ICT and you see that in reality it is not really a good idea.  Arthurlie need to stay up  this year, regroup and hopefully progress next season once Ogilvie gets in his own players.   I really feel sorry for him having to work with what he was left with. 

If Arthurlie go down I really worry about them being able to regroup and get straight back up - their support has fallen dramatically in recent years, indeed I would say there is mass apathy among the people of Barrhead and there is an acceptance that they are going down.   I know lots of people who went for years who no longer go and watch them, which is a shame.   I used to go along if I wasn't at the Killie game and a good number of my friends would come along too - in the last 3 years I am really the only one who still does so and to be honest I have seen very little to entice me back again. 

It hurts me to say some of the above as I have family and friends who are big Arthurlie supporters.

Not hving a pop but been fair bit of debate on this about players 

people sayin give manager time to bring in  own team but according to this thread he’s brought in quite a a lot at least 6 I’d say ... but time is running out extremely poor league form and last two weeks been papped out two cups by lower league teams both at dunterlie 

6 minutes ago, combineharvester said:

Not hving a pop but been fair bit of debate on this about players 

people sayin give manager time to bring in  own team but according to this thread he’s brought in quite a a lot at least 6 I’d say ... but time is running out extremely poor league form and last two weeks been papped out two cups by lower league teams both at dunterlie 

He's limited to who and what he can bring in this season and as the squad is small in numbers I think he's having to bring in players he probably doesn't want in the long term. 

The most recent game I saw was against Kilbirnie and I thought they played okay until Kilbirnie scored after which there was only going to be one winner.   They do not have  leader on the park which I think is their biggest problem.    That to me is what Billy Ogilvie needs more than anything, namely a winner. 

Things not looking good at all at arthurlie on or off the pitch also hearing there was a fund raiser last night and only one player attended this shows there is no togetherness between the club at all 

In the local paper today the new manager has said in an interview he only has 16 players in his squad. Why is that? A manager employed with no contacts in the junior game to get players in or a club with no money to assist said manager with the tools to carry out the job he was brought in to do?

Archived