Arthurlie Fire sale

Juniors supporter

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, footieman said:

So changes on both committee and management. Doesnt exactly sound like a stable working environment for the players. 

Some people have remained on the committee for a number of years and the last six managers have left off their own accord.  Nothing stays the same anywhere in life does it?

I do agree the turnover of managers isnt good in the slightest but with regards the players every manager wants his own guys in so there's always a change.

The bottom line here for me is that, and I am NOT saying everything down Dunterlie way is rosy, far from it, but its possible to pick faults with virtually all junior clubs if you want to, people with inside stories, mates in the know etc, once one starts then others follow, aye I heard that too.

So the last 6 managers have left for their own personal reasons. How many of those have completed a full season? It certainly looks from the outside that their is something drastically wrong at this once huge club. I fear this looks like a club thats on the slide. If the custodians are not to blame for this who is? 

Manager turnover has been excessive. Would that not suggest there is a problem committee wise?

As nugent points out the mangers have left due to various circumstances, some for other jobs, some for work related reasons.

Can I ask though what people view committee interference as? Committees are elected to run the club. Shouldn’t they have a say on what happens on the field. I’ve never come across a committee at any club who doesn’t have a view about the on field and will share these with the manager as at the end of the day they are accountable to the members. Rangers/Celtic etc have boards and they will have more of a say in signings etc, why shouldn’t Junior committees as they are held more accountable.

On 01/03/2018 at 17:10, lookinforgoals said:

Don't know the ins and outs but talk of crazy Xmas bonus payments to an under performing team and more money going out than is coming in,it's no surprise that a lot of players are being put up for sale. Most clubs struggle financially at this time of year with lack of games etc but when a new manager comes in you would expect a few new players to arrive to enhance his team. Not really happened!!

Yourself and your cohort combineharvester have given no names as to who gave out this information.  Your allegation also seems to be shrinking. In the quoted post you state bonus payments given to an underperforming "TEAM" now a dramatic change to "  ONE" big name midfielder.  Now even the hard of thinking must deduce you are talking our your arse.  

Now IF some kind of payment was given to one player,  given the time of year you have quoted, don't you even contemplate the fact it could have been some kind of hardship payment?  Possibly a player out with a bad injury and unable to work because of an injury received while playing with that club.  

Now I have just made up that scenario but I would suggest it was closer to the truth than yours.  Until yourself and combineharvester come up with the name  of the player and the committee man who gave out the info ,  only idiots will believe your piece of fiction.

Satori,I have never came on here to upset anyone,purely repeating what I have been told. It has been blown up into something it ain't. If he/they did or didn't get bonus payments at Christmas,makes no difference to me. A lot of people jumping on the defence of a comment I made,without really knowing the facts(like I don't know the facts also).

7 minutes ago, Bigjimmcalpine said:

If you don't know the facts then you shouldn't have commented then ,quite simple really is it not ? 

Sometimes you're best saying nothing and being thought of as a fool rather than opening your mouth and removing all doubt .

As said b4 it’s a football forum which rumours and gossip start some true others are not and only people that know the truth are the people at the club that run it ...

And I’ve only commented on what a was told  

the only facts I know is I was told my rumour from a committee member  weather it’s true or not is a club issue 

24 minutes ago, Bigjimmcalpine said:

If you don't know the facts then you shouldn't have commented then ,quite simple really is it not ? 

Sometimes you're best saying nothing and being thought of as a fool rather than opening your mouth and removing all doubt .

Majority of the threads on this forum are made up of hear say and rumours. Maybe you buck the trend by only dealing in facts

13 hours ago, lookinforgoals said:

Satori,I have never came on here to upset anyone,purely repeating what I have been told. It has been blown up into something it ain't. If he/they did or didn't get bonus payments at Christmas,makes no difference to me. A lot of people jumping on the defence of a comment I made,without really knowing the facts(like I don't know the facts also).

You may not have tried to start trouble but when people like combineharvester read it,they believe it and join in.  Arthurlie are in a bad place right now , much to the amusement of some.  I don't mind us getting slagged off , it's part and parcel of the game but when hard working committee get dragged into it, questioning their honesty, their integrity, that's when I find posts like your own disgusting. 

12 hours ago, combineharvester said:

As said b4 it’s a football forum which rumours and gossip start some true others are not and only people that know the truth are the people at the club that run it ...

And I’ve only commented on what a was told  

the only facts I know is I was told my rumour from a committee member  weather it’s true or not is a club issue 

Then who was the committee member who told you?    I don't believe you will have an answer but thought i would ask one last time.

3 hours ago, Satori. said:

You may not have tried to start trouble but when people like combineharvester read it,they believe it and join in.  Arthurlie are in a bad place right now , much to the amusement of some.  I don't mind us getting slagged off , it's part and parcel of the game but when hard working committee get dragged into it, questioning their honesty, their integrity, that's when I find posts like your own disgusting. 

I have never slagged off any committee,I questioned the comings and goings at the club,the Xmas bonus payments and the wage bill,all of which are dealt with at committee level. I wouldn't say any of my posts are disgusting,maybe just hitting a nerve with some people,who knows. 

From what I am told it is new office bearers within the committee,who sanctioned the mass clear out and rebuild by mackie. That was a disaster from the off.  A guy with no managerial experience working alongside a committee with little experience in the posts they had undertaken. It's no wonder the only thing that will save them dropping down a division is the sjfa restructuring

18 hours ago, lookinforgoals said:

he signed in July,not December.

Just a thought, I like many other on here have no factual knowledge on the goings on at ARthurlie just working on what a mate said or common sense approaches. If Spence did, IF, receive a payment at Christmas and if said payment was linked to a signing on fee would he be the first player every to say 'OK I will take x amount to sign pay me half now half at Christmas' means he has his Santa bill sorted, as I say I know nothing of the facts but I do know deals like that have happened on numerous occasions. 

A won’t be name dropping any committee members names and maybe when you go to your clubs agm at season end you should ask the questions there ...

i kbow a lot of gd ppl from the club inclu nugent4nil and I know the wurk that goes into every club a jist commentated on what a was told 

3 hours ago, Nugent4nil said:

Just a thought, I like many other on here have no factual knowledge on the goings on at ARthurlie just working on what a mate said or common sense approaches. If Spence did, IF, receive a payment at Christmas and if said payment was linked to a signing on fee would he be the first player every to say 'OK I will take x amount to sign pay me half now half at Christmas' means he has his Santa bill sorted, as I say I know nothing of the facts but I do know deals like that have happened on numerous occasions. 

But according to people on this thread they can GAURANTEE there were no payments made at Xmas as most clubs are struggling round about that time of the season,so that's a contradiction of what others are saying....is it not??

But according to people on this thread they can GAURANTEE there were no payments made at Xmas as most clubs are struggling round about that time of the season,so that's a contradiction of what others are saying....is it not??

I said i would be surprised if a Xmas bonus was paid. If, as nugent says, it’s connected to a signing on fee it’s not an Xmas bonus. It was you that introduced that term. I suggest you stop digging.

As for your previous comment about the committee being involved in the clear out, to pin it on the committee is not fair. The manager at the time signed the players, he obviously had different plans from last season. He was well backed from the committee by the looks of things but unfortunately it didn’t work out. Everyone has opinions on what should of happened in the summer but now we have to support the club in whatever way we can. Personally there were some players who I felt should of been kept that we let go and players that we brought in that imo were not good enough, now for me it seems it’s a confidence issue with the players. There is plenty of experience there but individual errors seem to be costing us at the moment.

Archived