Arthurlie Fire sale

Juniors supporter

8 hours ago, cally78 said:

If their committee had given more to the team rather than themselves over the last 15 years they wouldn't be in the predicament they find themselves in!

Care to expand on this statement?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, cally78 said:

Arthurlie a club run by nuggets for nuggets. If their committee had given more to the team rather than themselves over the last 15 years they wouldn't be in the predicament they find themselves in! They've ruined a once  giant of our great game and what a shame for junior football!

Are you an ex player with a grudge to bare?

That's an appalling statement to make and not a reflection of the guys I know who have worked on the committee.  They have put in hours of unpaid work and I suspect a lot of their own money to help keep the club going.  It's a shame most people in Barrhead really don't care too much about the club, hence the slow decline. 

The committee members should be applauded for their time and energy rather than be slated. 

9 hours ago, lookinforgoals said:

league position and general harmony within the club might tell a different story! 

I was speaking more from a financial point of view. It can't be that bad if we're still bringing plenty of players in. Agree that league position isn't great but since most of these players joined we haven't played a league game. The reason there has been such a turnaround in players recently is because we kept getting humped 5-0 and 4-1 but hopefully the new players who have joined will be able to do enough to keep us up. 

Arthurlie a club run by nuggets for nuggets. If their committee had given more to the team rather than themselves over the last 15 years they wouldn't be in the predicament they find themselves in! They've ruined a once  giant of our great game and what a shame for junior football!
Funny how these kind of people crawl out from under a rock when a club is going through a tough period eh ? Lets blame the committee for everything that's going on ?
These guys give up alot of time and effort to keep a club going , ive been on our committee i know how hard it is !
Arthurlie f.c are a good club and i'm sure they'l bounce back , they might go down this season , but maybe that's what it will take to re-group and go again , no one is immune , Pollok went down and came back up stronger ? Maybe u feel it's not the right guys at committee level , so why not get yourself along to the a.g.m and offer your services and help sort out the mire that u think there in ? Instead of berating the guys trying there best to keep the club on an even keel .[emoji34]

13 hours ago, king Henrik7 said:

You have a idea who was shouting their mouth off? I personally don’t think the conversation took place to be honest and if it did it’s been done out of humour cause no way would Xmas bonuses be handed out.

You don't seem to understand. I know the bonus payments are crap. I'm just trying to get combineharvester to reveal his source on the Arthurlie committee.  He won't because it didn't happen. Hope that clears it up mate.

You don't seem to understand. I know the bonus payments are crap. I'm just trying to get combineharvester to reveal his source on the Arthurlie committee.  He won't because it didn't happen. Hope that clears it up mate.

All I asked was do you have a idea who was shouting their mouth off

2 hours ago, Satori. said:

Huw do you know the stuff about payments are crap... a lot of other rumours flying about club also which all come from close to club .... a hv no doubt  the wurk that gets put in as it’s a thankless task a see it first hand at times .... yeah ppl shidney talk out of turn but I’m jist commenting on what I’ve been told....

mibbie they are in better financial position than ppl think as recently sold land behind shed wether not cash has been banked  is different story ... but this is a forum and ppl are always Goni one on and voice rumours that they’ve herd,told or even made up but I can esure you I was told the above may be untrue may be true only ppl that will no the truth are ppl involved in it 

16 hours ago, cally78 said:

There are many on here who know more about Arthurlie than I do, but I know quite a few people who are currently on or have been on the Arthurlie Committee over the years and they were all selfless individuals who spent a large chunk of their spare time working hard on behalf of the club; done out a love for their team, not for any personal gain.  Would like you to explain your posting and where you sourced this information.  

26 minutes ago, PRS said:

There are many on here who know more about Arthurlie than I do, but I know quite a few people who are currently on or have been on the Arthurlie Committee over the years and they were all selfless individuals who spent a large chunk of their spare time working hard on behalf of the club; done out a love for their team, not for any personal gain.  Would like you to explain your posting and where you sourced this information.  

I get the impression he means the social club which was for many years the football clubs biggest sponsor, I think thats what he is meaning thats all.

What I do love about threads like these is the amount of times people feel the need to start new accounts to speak their mind, which has happened here.

23 minutes ago, Nugent4nil said:

I get the impression he means the social club which was for many years the football clubs biggest sponsor, I think thats what he is meaning thats all.

What I do love about threads like these is the amount of times people feel the need to start new accounts to speak their mind, which has happened here.

It would have helped if the orginal poster had made it clear if this was what they were referring to.  Once again, many willing to critisise committees rather than join them and get involved in running their club.

As someone who has been on the committee for the majority of that period I thought I would respond.

I (like many other) joined the committee to support the club I have followed since my uncle took me to a game in the mid 80s. It hurts to see the club struggle at the moment as I am a fan first and foremost. There are many reasons why the club is struggling, community apathy, social club downturn, manager turnover etc.

When you are in any position of power you are there to be shot at but I’m sure there are plenty of clubs who would love to have had the success that we have had over that period.

People are entitled to the their views but when lies are used to further your argument then you have already lost the debate.

I’m not sure the poster was mate but if he/she would like to come on and clarify that would be helpful..

21 hours ago, combineharvester said:

Huw do you know the stuff about payments are crap... a lot of other rumours flying about club also which all come from close to club .... a hv no doubt  the wurk that gets put in as it’s a thankless task a see it first hand at times .... yeah ppl shidney talk out of turn but I’m jist commenting on what I’ve been told....

mibbie they are in better financial position than ppl think as recently sold land behind shed wether not cash has been banked  is different story ... but this is a forum and ppl are always Goni one on and voice rumours that they’ve herd,told or even made up but I can esure you I was told the above may be untrue may be true only ppl that will no the truth are ppl involved in it 

People shouldn't talk out of turn yet you throw in a wee grenade about whether cash received has been banked or not .  Like it or not i know more about my club than you do.  Why dont you answer the question about who the committee member was who started the rumour about these payments?  Its a simple enough question. If you don't have a name just make one up. You seem to be good at that.

6 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

As someone who has been on the committee for the majority of that period I thought I would respond.

I (like many other) joined the committee to support the club I have followed since my uncle took me to a game in the mid 80s. It hurts to see the club struggle at the moment as I am a fan first and foremost. There are many reasons why the club is struggling, community apathy, social club downturn, manager turnover etc.

When you are in any position of power you are there to be shot at but I’m sure there are plenty of clubs who would love to have had the success that we have had over that period.

People are entitled to the their views but when lies are used to further your argument then you have already lost the debate.

Manager turnover has been excessive. Would that not suggest there is a problem committee wise?

Archived