Arthurlie Fire sale

Juniors supporter

Arthurlie is broken from top to bottom. Need a total clear out starting from the clowns who run the club. 

What a shite comment about the guys who run it. The guys work hard behind the scenes to keep the club running with very little help from community. Always had 1 hand tied behind their back

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arthurlie remind me of Pollok 5 years ago.

Season after season just surviving before finally going down.

In some ways that was the best for us. It brought a winning feeling back to the club, all be it in a lower league. Allowed us to build a team that then went on and nearly won the Scottish a year later.

No doubt The new manager needs and deserves time to build his own team and then have a pre season.

I was surprised how poor they were at Newlandsfield a few weeks ago, looked very disjointed so no surprise that they are moving players on and bringing in others as the new manager will no doubt want to bring in his own players.

4 hours ago, Lennythelemon said:

Don’t usually do this but feel I need to defend myself. How can you say I’m not good enough for this league? I’ve been out the majority of the season with a broken shoulder. The only game I played in my natural position (striker) I scored. I’ve been played as a centre mid which I’ve never played before in my life. You need to question the managers actions. Clearing out deadwood? I asked to leave as it wasn’t working out being played out of position. So before you start roasting players have a think first. Cheers emoji1360.png

It's my opinion and I stick with it. You shirk tackles , you don't track back. You are fast but so was Forrest Gump. I also think I have criticised the manager as you will see if you read my posts.

It's my opinion and I stick with it. You shirk tackles , you don't track back. You are fast but so was Forrest Gump. I also think I have criticised the manager as you will see if you read my posts.

Forrest Gump wasn’t fast ma man, could just run long distances[emoji1360] I rest my case????????‍♂️

10 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Please provide examples of the committee sticking their noses into team affairs?

There has been a high turnover of managers but most have not been of the clubs choosing. Some have left for other jobs or due to work commitments, some have been because they just didn’t work out.

Billy Ogilvie needs to be given time but there are some sections of the Arthurlie support who don’t want to give them that time.

Arthurlie currently have a smallish committee, who work hard but will always be looking for help from supporters.  Our crowd numbers are as low as I can remember (I’ve been going since the 80s) and if we are not careful we will struggle in years to come.

Well said mate.  Clowns on here criticising the guys who put so much time into keeping the club alive, by coming up with daft statements like the one I have highlighted. 

I know how much time you and the others put into Arthurlie and all you get is criticism from others.  

What the club needs now is stability in terms of the manager and it will take him time to bring in the players he really wants.   My gut instinct is in order to stay in the top league next season Arthurlie will have to win their play off match.

10 hours ago, paul wright scores said:

Well said mate.  Clowns on here criticising the guys who put so much time into keeping the club alive, by coming up with daft statements like the one I have highlighted. 

I know how much time you and the others put into Arthurlie and all you get is criticism from others.  

What the club needs now is stability in terms of the manager and it will take him time to bring in the players he really wants.   My gut instinct is in order to stay in the top league next season Arthurlie will have to win their play off match.

Any team lucky enough to draw us in a play off, will have won a watch.

I know fixtures are a bug bear of yours, and right so ( I have backed you in the past) however there must be an expected timeline when they are going to take place - e.g. End of May or beginning of June.

You would think so, but..... [emoji6]

On 2/26/2018 at 15:35, Lennythelemon said:

Don’t usually do this but feel I need to defend myself. How can you say I’m not good enough for this league? I’ve been out the majority of the season with a broken shoulder. The only game I played in my natural position (striker) I scored. I’ve been played as a centre mid which I’ve never played before in my life. You need to question the managers actions. Clearing out deadwood? I asked to leave as it wasn’t working out being played out of position. So before you start roasting players have a think first. Cheers emoji1360.png

Happy to see you at Cumbernauld

Arthurlie obviously hasn't the crowds or success of years past but they are still IMO a so called big club. Having been in the top league since all but the first season and although flirting with danger at the bottom end of the table in recent years havent been a yo-you club.

If you ask most people about Ayrshire clubs the names Talbot and Cumnock will be mentioned, even when Nok were down a league while in the central area Pollok and Arthurlie will be named.

As I have stated Arthurlie are nowhere near the force they once were but they still have a massive attraction for many associated with junior football., in my humble opinion obviously.

6 hours ago, paul wright scores said:

What do you know about their wage bill, especially in comparison to other clubs?

Don't know the ins and outs but talk of crazy Xmas bonus payments to an under performing team and more money going out than is coming in,it's no surprise that a lot of players are being put up for sale. Most clubs struggle financially at this time of year with lack of games etc but when a new manager comes in you would expect a few new players to arrive to enhance his team. Not really happened!!

45 minutes ago, lookinforgoals said:

Don't know the ins and outs but talk of crazy Xmas bonus payments to an under performing team and more money going out than is coming in,it's no surprise that a lot of players are being put up for sale. Most clubs struggle financially at this time of year with lack of games etc but when a new manager comes in you would expect a few new players to arrive to enhance his team. Not really happened!!

I hear a lot about whats going on at Arthurlie but Xmas bonuses are a new one to me as for the manager hes been quite busy with comings and goings.

Archived