Arthurlie Fire sale

Juniors supporter

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bigjimmcalpine said:

Not too sure but nugent says They're all wonderful players , amazing human beings and all in the running for MBE's.

Ahem as if.... what is happening now is actually a piece of brilliance, a plan so cunning even the sharpest brains will not have a clue whats happening until the final peice of the jigsaw falls into place, once or rather if I work out what said plan is I will let you know. 

4 minutes ago, Juniors supporter said:

Seen the striker mckenzie was up a few weeks ago , still in team then lennon and tart now , maybe others that i haven’t seen also 

I have McKenzie locked in my spare room only let him out for training and games, think he will see the season out unless he escapes obviously.  Steve Watson has joined KIlsyth, cant comment on him being a loss as he didnt get much game time being cup tied, Alex Wyper is away to Cumbernauld, boy Burns, Darren? seems to have vanished, not seen Scott Gair in a while not sure if hes injured or away.

I must confess to being rather bemused at whats going on, that said its down to the gaffer and committee to deal with these things so I will leave them to it.

11 minutes ago, Nugent4nil said:

I have McKenzie locked in my spare room only let him out for training and games, think he will see the season out unless he escapes obviously.  Steve Watson has joined KIlsyth, cant comment on him being a loss as he didnt get much game time being cup tied, Alex Wyper is away to Cumbernauld, boy Burns, Darren? seems to have vanished, not seen Scott Gair in a while not sure if hes injured or away.

I must confess to being rather bemused at whats going on, that said its down to the gaffer and committee to deal with these things so I will leave them to it.

By The way its jamie watson 

Darren Burn is on the bench and coming on as a sub 

i think scott gair has retired or went ams 

Apologies regards it being Jamie, I got mixed up as he only actually started one game for us and played a total of maybe 75 minutes during his time with the club, Darren Burns hasnt been involved sinse January, not listed in the last two squads so hes injured or gone as we didn't have a full bench on either occasion.

Clearing out the deadwood. For me Lennon is nowhere near good enough for this league. None of the players who have left or want to leave will be missed. The only real disappointment for me is Macauley Wilson isn't leaving. Whoever believed that guy could hack it in superleague football needs to have a word with himself.

I said a few weeks ago that the next time i got to see Arthurlie they would be in a lower league and to be brutally honest , we deserve it.  The guys i stand with at games are starting to question what the manager is actually bringing to the team. They are not improving .  That is down to the manager. His record has been far from impressive since he came in.

We hqve been hanging on by our fingernails for years I fear the only way forward for Arthurlie is to rip out the knitting and start again.   

1 hour ago, Satori. said:

Clearing out the deadwood. For me Lennon is nowhere near good enough for this league. None of the players who have left or want to leave will be missed. The only real disappointment for me is Macauley Wilson isn't leaving. Whoever believed that guy could hack it in superleague football needs to have a word with himself.

I said a few weeks ago that the next time i got to see Arthurlie they would be in a lower league and to be brutally honest , we deserve it.  The guys i stand with at games are starting to question what the manager is actually bringing to the team. They are not improving .  That is down to the manager. His record has been far from impressive since he came in.

We hqve been hanging on by our fingernails for years I fear the only way forward for Arthurlie is to rip out the knitting and start again.   

I understand where your coming from regards clearing out the deadwood but for a squad low on numbers we seem to be shipping out players and replacing them with ones who arent as good, Watson was never given a chance but I understand we have signed a player who isnt near his level to replace him.

If the manager was bringing in young players with potential with the idea to develope them I could take that but bringing in journeymen players who arent improving the team short term just bemuses me, if its long term we need youth if its short term we need better than we have at present neither is happening.

As for the team improving, we have only beaten one team from our league this season and I honestly dont fancy us against anyone or any team likely to be in the play offs for that matter at this time, fingers crossed that changes but something has got to happen for it to change.

10 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Who’s the manager again? Is it Jimmy Lindsay?

It's Billy Ogilvie.  I hope I am wrong and he does know what he is doing. So far he doesn't seem to . When he arrived he was heralded as the great saviour.  I get that it takes new managers time to settle but it's the baffling decisions he makes that are starting to unsettle Arthurlie fans.  I work away and have only seen 2 games since he took charge but my mates keep me informed and they reckon Ogilvie doesn't have a clue.

8 minutes ago, Satori. said:

It's Billy Ogilvie.  I hope I am wrong and he does know what he is doing. So far he doesn't seem to . When he arrived he was heralded as the great saviour.  I get that it takes new managers time to settle but it's the baffling decisions he makes that are starting to unsettle Arthurlie fans.  I work away and have only seen 2 games since he took charge but my mates keep me informed and they reckon Ogilvie doesn't have a clue.

To be fair I have a certain degree of sympathy for ogilvie. He has a relatively poor side in terms of quality In that league as the table shows but  a massive club like lie should be doing better. They signed Hal Bohme from Cambuslang and he is a top player and will certainly give them a wee jag.

Billy Ogilvie was helping out at training with Glencairn for a while last season, and I was quite impressed with what I saw of his training and his knowledge from talking to him.

I thought he was a very good appointment for Arthurlie but thought it would take him some time to turn things around there. Whether he gets that time remains to be seen.

The big problem for me here is in your post , arthurlie aren't a massive club and that's a total myth , yes they're a reasonably big name in the juniors but that's all for me , they've stumbled from shambles to shambles the last decade or so , theyve had more managers than Asda across Scotland , the job is a poisoned chalice it would seem and the committee would appear to be notorious for sticking their noses into team affairs .

Billy ogilvie had a very good track record at east Kilbride before joining arthurlie which was a total mistake in my opinion , would need to be off your head to touch that job for me and like most the guy will soon realise he's made a big mistake in doing so. 

Please provide examples of the committee sticking their noses into team affairs?

There has been a high turnover of managers but most have not been of the clubs choosing. Some have left for other jobs or due to work commitments, some have been because they just didn’t work out.

Billy Ogilvie needs to be given time but there are some sections of the Arthurlie support who don’t want to give them that time.

Arthurlie currently have a smallish committee, who work hard but will always be looking for help from supporters. Our crowd numbers are as low as I can remember (I’ve been going since the 80s) and if we are not careful we will struggle in years to come.

44 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Please provide examples of the committee sticking their noses into team affairs?

There has been a high turnover of managers but most have not been of the clubs choosing. Some have left for other jobs or due to work commitments, some have been because they just didn’t work out.

Billy Ogilvie needs to be given time but there are some sections of the Arthurlie support who don’t want to give them that time.

Arthurlie currently have a smallish committee, who work hard but will always be looking for help from supporters. Our crowd numbers are as low as I can remember (I’ve been going since the 80s) and if we are not careful we will struggle in years to come.

Our crowd numbers are that poor, I'm not sure there more than a few sections.

People who have been going for years, can't be arsed, and there is total apathy within the town. (I wonder if that is why the committee have a race night organised outside Barrhead)

Don’t usually do this but feel I need to defend myself. How can you say I’m not good enough for this league? I’ve been out the majority of the season with a broken shoulder. The only game I played in my natural position (striker) I scored. I’ve been played as a centre mid which I’ve never played before in my life. You need to question the managers actions. Clearing out deadwood? I asked to leave as it wasn’t working out being played out of position. So before you start roasting players have a think first. Cheers [emoji1360]

Arthurlie is broken from top to bottom. Need a total clear out starting from the clowns who run the club. 

So are you going to put your hand up and take over?

The people who are running the club and have run the club work there arses off to keep the club running. There does need to be some change but people are required to assist with that change. I was involved for years with the club and by the end I was so scunnered with it that I didn’t want to go to games anymore. It takes a lot to put into running clubs without getting anything in return. To criticise those running the club without knowing what it takes is poor forum.

The club has been a downward spiral for several years now with the local community (there are lots of alternative things to do near by added to the club struggling on the field) turning its back on it and it needs stability to build it back up.

Archived