Dundee United v Queens

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Snow has stopped now but looks like there is more on the way , was a safety reason postponement

Certainly was a factor but the pitch is covered in significant amounts of snow too. It certainly wasn't playable and failed a pitch inspection. I suppose they could have made an effort to clear it but with more snow forecast they would almost certainly have been wasting their time. The chances of getting through to 9:30 with no more were pretty low.

I've enormous sympathy for United here. I know the pitch was green and fine at 4:30. There's nothing much you can do when that much snow drops that quickly. Sucks for us and our fans though (no more so than it did for United and their fans at Palmerston of course). From my point of view I couldn't go tonight so I've not wasted my time but I'm unlikely to be able to go to the rearrangement either.

5 minutes ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

Quite amazing how we are approaching the final run in of the season and still have to play eachother Three times

Title deciders.

8 minutes ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

Quite amazing how we are approaching the final run in of the season and still have to play eachother Three times

Said it before and I'll submit again. Scottish football needs double headers. 

Friday 730 pm Saturday 4 pm in Dumfries. Everyone would have a great time.

We had a similar situation with fixture congestion a few seasons ago where we had to play a number of games in a short period and, amazingly, did really well.  Don’t see us doing so well this time around.

56 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Seriously though, when are you going to play all your games?

Never, hopefully.

Anyway, being serious for a moment, there clearly isn't enough time for us to complete our fixtures so I say we call the game a bogey and start again.  Split the league alphabetically into two lots of five. Top five play-off for promotion, bottom five for relegation.  It's really the only fair solution.

Archived