Ross Co v Thistle 03/03/18 D-day number 3

Probably for the best, even if there's no snow here. There's meant to be awful snow up Tain way.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No win situation with regard to calling the game off, call it off now and you have folk saying it's far too early, still time for roads to be cleared and trains to be back on, call it off tomorrow morning and folk will cry it's too late. FWIW Glasgow is starting to get back to running public transport and main roads have been gritted near me, buses running but obviously no idea how bad the M80 / A9 are.

On the basis it's not rearranged for this coming midweek, it will at least break up that run of Aberdeen / Hearts / Hibs / Killie to the split

Apparently Thistle have hardly trained all week. Might give Uncle Roy to get Yogi appointed too. Might be for the best after all :angel

My guess is that this will be re-scheduled ASAP. If not this coming midweek then certainly the midweek afterwards. 

Postponed games, outwith the months of January and February I think, are supposed to be re-arranged for the first available date so as to try and avoid fixture congestion. 

There is a free date on Saturday April 14th but the SPFL's line of thought will be it can't wait until then in case there are subsequent matches postponed and the games to be re-arranged start to pile up. The daft split just makes it more urgent that all games are played as quickly as possible. It's a farce and one of the reasons we played so many games in December. 

All the Scottish Cup games are on in areas with a hell of a lot of snow but this game is postponed when there is no snow in Dingwall?
I was looking forward to getting steamboats in hospitality and now I’ve got to spend time with my family, so justifiably pissed off at this ridiculous decision

All the Scottish Cup games are on in areas with a hell of a lot of snow but this game is postponed when there is no snow in Dingwall?
I was looking forward to getting steamboats in hospitality and now I’ve got to spend time with my family, so justifiably pissed off at this ridiculous decision

I think it’s an oversight. Have a word with the Northern Constabulary and they’ll do the right thing. It might be local lads only (for both teams but so much the better).

On 02/03/2018 at 14:09, humbleheart said:

It's clearly the correct decision. There's still no fucking trains running down here, how are thistle fans supposed to make it up? It's honestly been fucking chaos down here this past few days. 

It's clearly the correct decision. There's still no fucking trains running down here, how are thistle fans supposed to make it up? It's honestly been fucking chaos down here this past few days. 

But the Killie game is on in Aberdeen. Most fans drive and the roads are open.

46 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

That should be off too. 

I’m not sure why. Maybe it’s my age but if the pitch is fine, the roads are open, the weather is ok (cold but dry) why would you call off the game? The trains are off, but anyone coming to Dingwall from Glasgow  for a game isn’t making the right choice, unfortunately.

Archived