Brechin City vs Dunfermline Athletic

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happened to that youngster on loan from Aberdeen that scored the peach against us at EEP?

I thought you were good that day and almost had us undone. Once you figured out that our midfield was non existent we had no answer.

I thought the two early goals really settled everyone down. To get two goals within a minute was great, especially so early on in the match. 

Tbf to Brechin though, they pushed us hard in the first-half; Robinson made 3 or 4 good saves and on another day yous would've scored. If it had gone 2-1, you just never know...

The third goal sealed victory and I was delighted to see Clark get his hat-trick. I know he's been criticised recently but I think he's a decent player for us right now: I also think he works well with McManus. 

It wasn't the easiest of pitches and Brechin made it stuffy for us but I was happy enough to get 3 goals and 3 points. It was comfortable enough but we can still play a lot better IMO, too. 

Its a shame Brechin have struggled this season as I was really pleased to see them promoted in the summer. It's always a pleasure to visit Glebe Park and I think they've brought a bit of freshness to the division this term. Hopefully they can pick up a victory or two over the remaining few games - although a loss at EEP on April the 18th would be more than welcome! 8)

My match report and summary can be found on my website, here.

The highlights are also now live:

Fuckin horrendous. A positive I though Graham and Tapping looked a potential midfield partnership as they appeared to work (mostly) quite well. Pabs looked ok when he cam on - other than that I am struggling.

I was right behind Graham just inside our own half - he looked up for our two strikers (?) who were miles away and making the square route of no movement for him - he twisted and turned to keep possession played it back to Smith and WOOSH booted it right up the park to nobody.

So why I agree re our defence our front line, certainly last night offered nothing to anyone looking for a pass.

Very lucky we’ve got a young player that’s played out of position so Dods can play Watt n Dale,but can play these positions. dropped at a whim he still shows a bit of skill and endeavour.we need more like him. Hope he hangs about a bit longer.

Archived