Brechin City vs Dunfermline Athletic

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A very tough match this. It isn't one I'm overly confident heading into. 

I think, assuming we turn up and play as well as we can then we should have enough to win. However, the longer we go without a goal or the earlier Brechin score, it'll be harder for us as we know we must win this one to have any hopes of the playoffs. 

Brechin will win a game at some point and we have got to make sure it isn't us on Tuesday; I don't say that disrespectfully, BTW. I say that because I think Brechin can and will cause us problems and if we start the game poorly or don't do the basics right, we can get punished. 

I think we will see a couple of changes, purely for fresh legs;

Robinson

Williamson

M'Voto

Ashcroft

Talbot

Craigen

Beadling

Higginbotham

McManus

Clark

Cardle

Subs:

Gill

Aird

Morris

Shiels

Vincent

Armstrong

Ryan

Hopefully a morale boosting victory with a few goals for the Pars. But that's more hope than expectation. I would take a 1-0 victory right now, as long as we pick up 3 points!

COYP! :thumsup2

5 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

^^^ At least no grudges are held !  :whistle:lol:

Why on earth would a Morton fan hold a 'grudge' against a clowncar outfit fully 37 points behind them in the table after just two-thirds of the season played? Your team is simply pish and you're an absolute moron; deal with it. 

1502716626880.jpg.cbaca9977e9c219de764bcdd764e1466.jpg

13 hours ago, virginton said:

Why on earth would a Morton fan hold a 'grudge' against a clowncar outfit fully 37 points behind them in the table after just two-thirds of the season played? Your team is simply pish and you're an absolute moron; deal with it. 

1502716626880.jpg.cbaca9977e9c219de764bcdd764e1466.jpg

Strange that it is only the Morton lot who seem to get annoyed by it all  !

At least it doesn't get to you !!! ;):whistle

15 hours ago, dafcburty said:

Brechin will win a game at some point

No they wont cause they are absolutely gash, however if it does happen then the team that gets beat should definitely take a diving header right in tae the sea :thumsup2 

I think we will see a couple of changes, purely for fresh legs;

Surprised someone who watches the Pars as much as you do - let alone someone who has spoken to the manager - would think we'd do something like bring in fresh legs. He doesn't believe in fresh legs when players are blowing out their arse after chasing lost causes for 75 minutes so why would he do it when they've had a couple of days off?

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Surprised someone who watches the Pars as much as you do - let alone someone who has spoken to the manager - would think we'd do something like bring in fresh legs. He doesn't believe in fresh legs when players are blowing out their arse after chasing lost causes for 75 minutes so why would he do it when they've had a couple of days off?

Good job you've no hair left to pull out Inspector. Having a back 4/keeper who have still to concede in 4(?) games together is about the only point of note/interest. 

3 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I'm saying it for 2 reasons:

A) on Saturday after the game he said the squad will need to be utilised with so many games coming up etc. Yes, I know that AJ doesn't make wholesale changes very often however I think 1 or 2 may get another chance tomorrow night. 

And

B) I think it is the logical thing to do. Brechin's pitch will be heavy; we have just played on astro which takes longer to recover from and we have a big enough squad to compensate a couple of players, particularly in the middle of the field, now that we have got more central options. Again, I know why you are saying what you are - and there is a good chance you will be proven right. However, I think that swapping in Higginbotham and Cardle for Ryan and Vincent (guys who haven't played much this season vs guys who were integral to our good start) isn't beyond the realms of possibility, especially with AJ knowing a win is a must. 

Maybe I'm just an optimist and have too much faith in AJ over others. I'm not disagreeing with many of the opinions on here re substitutions, team selections, tactics etc, but, I don't think he's that bad... Can he take us further? That's 100% up for debate. Has he done a bad job with us? 100% no, we've gradually improved year on year and we are on course for equalling last season's 5th placed finish. Is that success? Arguably not, especially with the BoD and the manager stating the playoffs were the aim from the get go. Am I still behind Allan? Yes, I am; I'm not saying that because I contribute to ParsTV, BTW. I genuinely believe the guy is trying his best and doing all he can. We can still reach the playoffs which would mean remit achieved. Is Johnston the long-term option for the club? Again, that's the big question which I think at the moment is certainly up for debate. The next few weeks will dictate the future. I hope it is a positive few matches and we get back on track heading into the final quarter of the season. 

Archived