Morton v Livingston - Tuesday 27th

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would’ve took a draw beforehand but naturally, delighted with the win. What a difference in Nicky Cadden these past six weeks or so - very much a confidence player but Hopkin has placed his faith in him and we’ve been rewarded. Fair to say his first goal has been coming for a while, looked a stunner. 14 points clear of 5th now, a win on Saturday if it goes ahead would be incredible.

I think it was the Falkirk away win when Cadden started looking good and was ripping their defender all game, and since then he's been fantastic. Before that my mate and I were questioning whether he was good enough to play in the Championship this season too, as he had been murder all season, just looked scared to take player on since his dislocated shoulder. Glad he's proven us wrong and is now bursting with confidence to score a goal like that for us.

20 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Canny really be worse than your home results against us anyway.;)

While this is true I don't expect you will have the same game plan at home thus there may be some space to penetrate your defence.

In reality, where our form has been should had resulted in a better outcome and a different game plan.

Duffy had a longer term plan, give a few a rest and hopefully get a draw.

The longer plan is don't  get humped at Parkhead, put in a credible performance and retain recent confidence for the run in.

Look at St Mirren after the exposure at Aberdeen.

In the Duff we trust.

25 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

While this is true I don't expect you will have the same game plan at home thus there may be some space to penetrate your defence.

In reality, where our form has been should had resulted in a better outcome and a different game plan.

The longer plan is don't  get humped at Parkhead, put in a credible performance and retain recent confidence for the run in.

In the Duff we trust.

So it's better to lose to Livingston then lose 2-0 to Celtic and get plaudits in the media for a respectable performance, losing any chance of second place and going out of the cup, than to beat Livingston then lose 5-0 to Celtic, giving us an excellent chance of second place and going out of the cup?

Retaining confidence by avoiding a pumping in the cup to help us have a good run-in is a seriously backwards piece of logic when we've made our run in considerably more difficult by forfeiting a massive league game to avoid the pumping.

While Dunning has normally got a good grasp of things maybe has little in motivation management experience.

I feel confidence in run is very important and care not for Sportscent opioions on how well we do v Celtic.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

So it's better to lose to Livingston then lose 2-0 to Celtic and get plaudits in the media for a respectable performance, losing any chance of second place and going out of the cup, than to beat Livingston then lose 5-0 to Celtic, giving us an excellent chance of second place and going out of the cup?

Retaining confidence by avoiding a pumping in the cup to help us have a good run-in is a seriously backwards piece of logic when we've made our run in considerably more difficult by forfeiting a massive league game to avoid the pumping.

100% agree. We played decent (ie first choice) teams at both Aberdeen this year and Celtic last year, and got pumped by an aggregate of 9-2. Neither result did any harm to our league form. In fact, the Celtic pumping helped because Brendan said nice (false) things about us. However, unlike you, we had a new squad that needed to gel and we weren't chasing promotion.

The idea of a promotion-chasing team in any way prioritising a cup game that they're not going to win no matter how you cut it, over a vital league match, is bonkers.

Still, good luck for the weekend, if it's on. I genuinely hope you beat them. :)

3 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

In the Duff we trust.

Defensively we play pretty much the same home or away, it is normally the opposition that play differently for it to effect us in our attack not our defence. We've only conceded 6 goals in our last 10 home games.

Loving all the Morton patter surrounding Duffy's team selection though, taking it for granted you'd have beaten us had he kept the same starting eleven as your prev game. You'd prob have still lost and he'd no doubt still have been getting it in the neck.

Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

Loving all the Morton patter surrounding Duffy's team selection though, taking it for granted you'd have beaten us had he kept the same starting eleven as your prev game. You'd prob have still lost and he'd no doubt still have been getting it in the neck.

I don't think they're saying that at all, in fairness. 

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Defensively we play pretty much the same home or away, it is normally the opposition that play differently for it to effect us in our attack not our defence. We've only conceded 6 goals in our last 10 home games.

No one's saying we'd definitely have won if he'd picked the best team available, we're saying he threw away any chance of winning by not picking it.

Game on Sat is postponed, if the snow clears up by the 13th March our next game could be against Morton again.

Not if our cup game on Saturday is postponed it won't. That date against you lot is likely to be binned.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

No one's saying we'd definitely have won if he'd picked the best team available, we're saying he threw away any chance of winning by not picking it.

That's the way I read the comments as well. Most were upset over not picking what many felt was the in-form team rather than the actual result.

Anyway, to all the Morton Supporters, best of luck on Saturday if by some miracle the game is on; I will personally be hoping for a 1 - nil Morton win and if it could also be that Celtic have a penalty claim refused, and bleat on about how the referee was against them, so much the better.

6 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I don't think any of us have explicitly said that we would have won had we played our full strength side. But, since Frank Ross came in we'd played (IIRC) 7, won 6, drawn 1. Just having him in our side stretches the opposition defence every week, which unsurprisingly didn't happen when Ross was dropped on Tuesday. We would've had a far better chance of winning had Ross and Oliver started, and I wouldn't have cared if playing the pair of them made them shattered for the weekend had we won. 

Archived