Morton v Livingston - Tuesday 27th

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

We also have a stinking record against Morton at home in recent years after about 15 years of our existence where they hadn't collected a point.

Prior to April 2009 there'd been 9 games between us at Almondvale, with our record being W0 D0 L9 F3 A20.

Then Our Lord and Saviour Brian Wake played there for the first time for us and scored a double in a 2-0 win, starting a run which now stands at 10 games unbeaten.

I see Callum  Carson's twitter suggesting Hoppy will rotate the starting 11 a bit with us playing 3 games in 8 days, but with the snow forecast from Wed onwards the Pars game will prob be postponed so i'd just go with the same again. We've had an extra day of rest over Morton too with us playing on Fri so wouldn't think any of our players need a rest.

Prior to April 2009 there'd been 9 games between us at Almondvale, with our record being W0 D0 L9 F3 A20.
Then Our Lord and Saviour Brian Wake played there for the first time for us and scored a double in a 2-0 win, starting a run which now stands at 10 games unbeaten.

Our last season in the Championship included three awful games at home to you, including a 1-0 defeat in the Scottish Cup. Just thinking back to then makes me shudder.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

An awful run considering the two teams have been fairly equally matched over the period.

Hopefully we can end it like we did with Dumbarton's winning streak a few seasons ago. 

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

An awful run considering the two teams have been fairly equally matched over the period.

Hopefully we can end it like we did with Dumbarton's winning streak a few seasons ago. 

It isn't in your power to end a Wake-decreed law: he has broken your outfit for good. Kabba Modou-Cham waltzing through your defence at Almondvale like Gerd Muller in his prime in our diabolical relegation campaign was the clearest indication of that fact. 

The same applies to Inverness playing in the Highlands after Wake's intervention was sought and delivered from afar on Saturday. 

1 hour ago, Afro said:

Our last season in the Championship included three awful games at home to you, including a 1-0 defeat in the Scottish Cup. Just thinking back to then makes me shudder.

I also have bad memories of Robert Snodgrass and Graham Dorrans taking the proverbial mickey out of us in a 4-0 win, pretty sure it was 3-0 at HT. One of the best opposition teams I had seen us play at the time.

EDIT was Griffiths in that team too?!

16 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

I also have bad memories of Robert Snodgrass and Graham Dorrans taking the proverbial mickey out of us in a 4-0 win, pretty sure it was 3-0 at HT. One of the best opposition teams I had seen us play at the time.

EDIT was Griffiths in that team too?!

http://www.skysports.com/football/livingston-vs-morton/87914

That Morton team. Keenan, Finlayson, Robinson, Coakley, Shields, Harding. No wonder a team that had a few genuine players cuffed us. So much better off now.

Real hard one to call. Two teams on form at the moment. 

We have a good defensive record but reckon there will be goals in this game for both sides.   In the end up it may come down to luck or what team turns up tonight.

I'll go with my heart 2-1 Morton

Archived