Everyday scummy behaviour

Bairnardo

There's an auld guy who seems to sit on Union St in Glasgow who always asks for money. I gave him £1 one day and he never even said thank you. I was fucking livid. Needless to say, the alcy b*****d gets blanked now.

Today I witnessed a guy begging on the street using the tactic of shouting “SELFISH c***s” at everyone who walked by him. A bold strategy, I wonder how it worked out for him and how many people thought to themselves “I am a selfish c**t” and turned back to hand him some cash.

51 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Today I witnessed a guy begging on the street using the tactic of shouting “SELFISH c***s” at everyone who walked by him. A bold strategy, I wonder how it worked out for him and how many people thought to themselves “I am a selfish c**t” and turned back to hand him some cash.

I had a similar experience recently where the guy was yelling "OH, RIGHT I SUPPOSE YOU'VE NEVER BEEN HUNGRY YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE YOU SELFISH CANT!" at anyone who didn't deliver.

It didn't help his case that he looked like he'd already scoffed all the pies.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

One guy once asked me for 60p for a bottle of Buckfast at the old Dunfermline bus station. His pitch was admirably honest (he just said he wasn't going to lie and was a bit short for it) so I gave him it. Used to regularly get jakies saying they were short for the bus home with an added sob story of why they needed to get home. They always got nothing.

Couple of weeks ago a guy asked for £3. Thought it was a bit of a random amount. Gave him a fiver.

11 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Sounds a bit like the guy who sits near the top of Buchanan Street. Very confrontational, seen him bawling abuse at passers by. He often has signs like "I'm not a junkie" while gargling Buckfast. He wraps himself in a St Andrews Cross, except when Celtic are at home, it's an Irish Tricolour. The general abuse is constant though.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

• 2 weeks later...

When there is a bag of sweets to be shared by multiple people (Skittles are a fine example of this), and somebody decides that it is acceptable behavior to leave one sweet left,  as to save them the effort of putting the rubbish in the bin!! 

1 minute ago, engelbert_humperdink said:

Foolishly I gave a guy who begs outside my homeless b and b £3 as I felt generous that day, only to find out he stays in my b & b. Free digs, breakfast every morning and he is still out scrounging off the working man.

Man can not live on bread (and butter, sausage, bacon, black pudding, fried egg and tomato) alone.

On 03/03/2018 at 11:51, Highland Capital said:

People who aren't homeless, asking for money.  I remember walking past McDonalds in Inverness a few years back and some neddy guy stood outside said 'Here mate, can I have a pound for a burger?'

No you certainly cannot.

I saw a couple of obvious junkies leave their flat today with a backpack and a sleeping bag heading towards the Sainsbury's at Meadowbank for a hard day's "work". 

I was walking home with a workmate a couple of weeks ago during the snow and someone approached us and asked for 10p. It couldn't have been for the bus as they were off and it wasn't for a cup of tea as all the cafes were shut. 

I usually say when approached for spare change "sorry mate, I spent all my money on drink and drugs". 

• 11 months later...

I live quite close to Kilmarnock. As a town I don’t think it’s that bad but one of the few things that it has going for it is Dean Castle Country Park.

It’s a brilliant park, lots of footpaths, river walks, deer enclosure, small animal zoo, castle, cafe.

The council should be congratulated for all the effort they put in to the place.

This morning when I was walking the dogs by the river I noticed that someone had dumped a fridge freezer on the bank on the other side.  

I don’t understand fly tipping anyway, however why someone would take something and slide it half way down a steep muddy hill in a beautiful park is completely baffling to me.

Scumbags.

Been mentioned on this thread but folk gobbing at every available opportunity. Usually but not exclusive to neddy wee fucks. Am I missing something in life or is there a need to empty your mouth out in the open. Do you feel the need to empty the contents of your mouth/throat as you feel it isn't wanted so that I have to collect it on the bottom of my shoe and spread  your neddy wee germs all over the workplace?  Is it some sort of animal instinct taking over as you see it as a way of marking your territory?

Where I work there appears to be a carpet of gob around any outside area. Scumbag behaviour of the highest order.  Execute all the fuckers

2 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Chucking litter, especially in the countryside. I cannot fathom the thinking of someone who has enough sense about them to go and enjoy the great outdoors but still thinks nothing of leaving all their shit behind.

I've always found the Trossachs particularly bad for this. Aye lets go camping for the weekend. No bins...what do we do with our rubbish? Ah f**k it let's just leave it.

This takes it to a new level though

03-03-2018-611.jpg

People who aren't homeless, asking for money.  I remember walking past McDonalds in Inverness a few years back and some neddy guy stood outside said 'Here mate, can I have a pound for a burger?'
No you certainly cannot.

I was walking past the Omani centre once and a young woman came up to me and asked if she could borrow £1 because she needed to get a bus home and she’d lost her bag and purse etc etc. I actually had £1 in my hand and gave it to her.

I walked past the next day and she came up to me again [emoji23] She was about to start her spiel but obviously realised she’d done me and walked off.

Did make me think though, how much money could you make doing that? I assume she was going to buy some pills or cider with it, how long would she have to do it for before she got her quota.

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I was walking past the Omani centre once and a young woman came up to me and asked if she could borrow £1 because she needed to get a bus home and she’d lost her bag and purse etc etc. I actually had £1 in my hand and gave it to her.

I walked past the next day and she came up to me again emoji23.png She was about to start her spiel but obviously realised she’d done me and walked off.

Did make me think though, how much money could you make doing that? I assume she was going to buy some pills or cider with it, how long would she have to do it for before she got her quota.

Reported for anti Omani racism.

53 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I walked past the next day and she came up to me again emoji23.png She was about to start her spiel but obviously realised she’d done me and walked off.

Guy did that to me outside Waverley Station once - was short of money for his train fare. A week later he came up to me again with the same story - I asked him if he'd been there since last week and he quickly went away.

Old guy in Gordon Street in Glasgow asked me for a pound for a can of beer. (This was back when that's what it cost.) I was so impressed that he hadn't pretended it was for a cup of tea that I gave it to him.