Folk Rock

BB_Bino

• 3 weeks later...
On 23 February 2018 at 22:15, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Horslips. That's all you will need.

If you veer into folk-metal there's an entire universe of wonders out there to discover.

Great band.  Particularly like "The Tain" and "Book of Invasions".  Saw them at Edinburgh Uni in 76/77

45 minutes ago, PRS said:

Great band.  Particularly like "The Tain" and "Book of Invasions".  Saw them at Edinburgh Uni in 76/77

Ah, before my time. I got into them through my dad spinning the vinyl constantly.

The Tain is an absolute masterpiece. I'm rather fond of The Unfortunate Cup of Tea, as well.

24 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Ah, before my time. I got into them through my dad spinning the vinyl constantly.

The Tain is an absolute masterpiece. I'm rather fond of The Unfortunate Cup of Tea, as well.

I have about half a dozen of their albums. They reformed a few years back and played to sell out crowds in both north and south of  Ireland. .  Charles O'Connor became arts correspondent for the Irish Times post initial Horslips; high level of musicianship.  Johnny Fean is a very distinctive guitarist combining his early blues background with a Celtic edge.

On 17/03/2018 at 06:51, BallochSonsFan said:

The Decemberists are not folk rock.

They are many things, and folk rock was one of them. The later stuff seems to change style between one album and the next.

Some of the stuff on the new album is hilarious.

They are many things, and folk rock was one of them. The later stuff seems to change style between one album and the next.
Some of the stuff on the new album is hilarious.

I know what they are. I've got the entire catalogue of releases, have seen them live and have a ticket for November

1 minute ago, BallochSonsFan said:

I know what they are. I've got the entire catalogue of releases, have seen them live and have a ticket for November

See you there. Shall we wear mariner’s hats so we can say hello?

Archived