Cambuslang Rangers manager Shot

mighty meadow

Hopefully the manager gets fit again and sorts out his life. Nobody anywhere should go through this.

As for Cambuslang Rangers Junior Football Club i'm sure wiser heads will be already looking out for what is best for the club long term. These shocking events have nothing to do directly with the football club. I'm sure when the time is right they will make a statement not only to the playing staff and the support but also to the concerns of visiting fans. I wish them well in what is a very stressful time for the club.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Dunc an disorderly said:

That tells me all I need to know about the man. Just because he’s manager of a football club doesn’t make him any less a criminal than the next drug dealer. No sympathy here I’m afraid.

Does it really? 

13 hours ago, wintonfan said:

Just because someone is a lovely sound geezer it doesn't stop them being a criminal. A lot of the top men (and women) in organised crime are well dressed, immaculate manners and come across as proper ladies and gentlemen. They have staff to do their work for them

That seems to put the Wishy troops in the clear then,bud. :huh:

I've spoke to the guy a couple of times at our annual friendly and he comes across as a nice guy, typical junior manager, passionate about the game. However I subscribe to some of the previous comments about don't be fooled by appearances. His business is his business and in his business world,as the saying goes," you fly with the craws( and in this case quite literally), you get shot down with the craws"

Don't particularly like to hear of things like this or wish anyone ill-will, but it is what it is.

T

20 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Please don’t take this the wrong way as of course it could be a wrong place/wrong time thing but people don’t tend to be shot for nothing.

Gun related violence seems to be on the rise in Glasgow and the surrounding areas again.

To stress again though I’m not saying this guy is involved in anything and it may have been wrong place/time.

I heard he was running coaching classes behind the Largs Mafia's backs.

Seems rather, well normal for this place, that a man who has been shot and his life placed in danger is being judged by people with no actual knowledge of him, his personality, his business but people are willing to hang him out to dry.

I have met Paul on a few occasions and always found him to be a gent, enthusiastic to the point of hyper for want of a better word that though isn't relevant.

Its a mans life that's in danger, a man, a son, a human being but all some people want to do is have a dig or make a joke.... f**k me!

44 minutes ago, Nugent4nil said:

Seems rather, well normal for this place, that a man who has been shot and his life placed in danger is being judged by people with no actual knowledge of him, his personality, his business but people are willing to hang him out to dry.

I have met Paul on a few occasions and always found him to be a gent, enthusiastic to the point of hyper for want of a better word that though isn't relevant.

Its a mans life that's in danger, a man, a son, a human being but all some people want to do is have a dig or make a joke.... f**k me!

Next you willbe hanging outside Saughton saying Peter Tobin was just misunderstood.

1 hour ago, Nugent4nil said:

Whilst i respect your sentiments he is hardly going to have a quick chat with a stranger and disclose his personal business. 

“Real” people involved in “dodgy” dealings don’t make it known to others. 

So whilst he may be a great stand up guy who is completely innocent . He could just as easy be involved in some darker things. If he is he will struggle to get much sympathy. 

5 minutes ago, diamond_for_life said:

Whilst i respect your sentiments he is hardly going to have a quick chat with a stranger and disclose his personal business. 

“Real” people involved in “dodgy” dealings don’t make it known to others. 

So whilst he may be a great stand up guy who is completely innocent . He could just as easy be involved in some darker things. If he is he will struggle to get much sympathy. 

If, IF he is............ you made my point yourself right there!

If, IF he is............ you made my point yourself right there!

It's a public forum, and although I would normally agree with you, the balance of probability is that something dodgy was going on.

As has been mentioned, very few innocent folk get shot in Scotland. Add to this the previous situation with the police and the bag of cash and folk are rightly going to judge.

If you've got evidence to the contrary then go ahead - but 'I met him and he seemed sound' isn't going to cut it I'm afraid.

22 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

It's a public forum, and although I would normally agree with you, the balance of probability is that something dodgy was going on.

As has been mentioned, very few innocent folk get shot in Scotland. Add to this the previous situation with the police and the bag of cash and folk are rightly going to judge.

If you've got evidence to the contrary then go ahead - but 'I met him and he seemed sound' isn't going to cut it I'm afraid.

I get that I do, I really do but my point is that I said whether hes a nice guy or not, a law abiding citizen or a gangster, whatever...  the point I am making is that a mans life is in serious danger and all some people want to do is point score.

I get that I do, I really do but my point is that I said whether hes a nice guy or not, a law abiding citizen or a gangster, whatever...  the point I am making is that a mans life is in serious danger and all some people want to do is point score.

Aye I know, but folk do that when they're not directly connected with the incident.

The extreme alternative is the 'thoughts n prayers' nonsense that you see after a shooting in the states or a terrorist attack.

There's probably a healthy balance to be found but you're not going to get it on p&b.

7 hours ago, tommyboy said:

The Beltane boys love the banter,wm.:) Good to see you back..will you be in attendance tomorrow ?

Hi Tommy, I doubt if it'll be on mate, the ground in Camby is rock hard. Another clear night and not a chance. Hope you're well.

It's the fact that a main focus of every article is that he is a manager of a Junior football club baffles me.   If he is "not" linked to organised crime then it would say "scaffolder", "office worker", "teacher" etc - i.e his normal every day job.

If he is part of a criminal underbelly then surely people within the football club would be aware of this?

If he has no links to crime and he's been in wrong place at wrong time or playing away and this was the punishment given by the persons effected then it's a truly horrifying crime.

Archived