Cambuslang Rangers manager Shot

mighty meadow

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard this on the news last night. At that point it didn't mention the man's name. Frightening carry on between gunmen shooting the Cambuslang Rangers manager and the lollipop lady in Hamilton being robbed at knife point in broad daylight. I'm beyond shocked. My heart goes out to Paul and his family.

51 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Heard this on the news last night. At that point it didn't mention the man's name. Frightening carry on between gunmen shooting the Cambuslang Rangers manager and the lollipop lady in Hamilton being robbed at knife point in broad daylight. I'm beyond shocked. My heart goes out to Paul and his family.

Yup,happened close to the Mill Inn in Fairhill ( just doon from Mill United's park). Hopefully the description of both miscreants... '5' 5" with rotten teeth',will narrow things down for the investigating team.:)

All the best to Paul in his recovery.

21 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Best wishes to Paul and everyone affected by this, nobody likes to hear about things like this happening in any circumstances.

Well said, Peter. I had the honour of being asked to work with the goalkeepers

at Somervell Park during Manager Andy Cunningham's term of office - including

Alan Wardlaw ( hard work lol) and Gordon McDougall. Smashing club and a hard-

working committee. Never had any problems around the area. I fully agree with

your comments. Have never met McColl, but like everyone else I hope he makes a

full recovery.  

Please don’t take this the wrong way as of course it could be a wrong place/wrong time thing but people don’t tend to be shot for nothing.

Gun related violence seems to be on the rise in Glasgow and the surrounding areas again.

To stress again though I’m not saying this guy is involved in anything and it may have been wrong place/time.

21 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Please don’t take this the wrong way as of course it could be a wrong place/wrong time thing but people don’t tend to be shot for nothing.

Gun related violence seems to be on the rise in Glasgow and the surrounding areas again.

To stress again though I’m not saying this guy is involved in anything and it may have been wrong place/time.

The police say he was targeted, but of course that doesn't mean he was involved in anything dodgy - he could been asked for protection money and told them to get lost, for instance.

Just because someone is a lovely sound geezer it doesn't stop them being a criminal. A lot of the top men (and women) in organised crime are well dressed, immaculate manners and come across as proper ladies and gentlemen. They have staff to do their work for them

Archived