Hartleys Form Table Fliers v Dumbarton

23 minutes ago, Rugster said:

It's incredible. Can you imagine the fucking nick we'd have been in if we'd won it?

We were having a great time as well, on the telly and everything in that pub. Never ever enjoyed scoring a goal as much as we did that day. Think I’d still be gassed if we’d won.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Grant's header went in and our end erupted I found myself hugging the guy next to me as we jumped up and down on the spot screaming our heads off. Never met him before, never seen him since but in that instant, we were brothers. Moments like that are the spark that keeps us going through all the turgid shite clubs like ours have to endure.

I remember in the match thread an Inverness fan saying the explosion of noise from us knocked the breath out of him, it was like a wall of sound that physically assaulted them.

12 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

When Grant's header went in and our end erupted I found myself hugging the guy next to me as we jumped up and down on the spot screaming our heads off. Never met him before, never seen him since but in that instant, we were brothers. Moments like that are the spark that keeps us going through all the turgid shite clubs like ours have to endure.

I remember in the match thread an Inverness fan saying the explosion of noise from us knocked the breath out of him, it was like a wall of sound that physically assaulted them.

I was quite close to the stairwell and when we scored i made my way there.

If you've ever experienced getting dizzy from getting up too fast then that would sum up what came over me.

I was stood on the stair shitting myself incase I fell down them.

That goal nearly killed me and it was only an equaliser.

Gallacher

Wardrop -- Dowie -- Barr -- Dick

Carswell -- Hutton

Stirling -- Froxylias -- Burt

Stewart

If we had McLaughlin back at left back I would say that's our strongest team. Would help to have some consistency in the line up given that we've been filling gaps in the squad for what feels like a decade.

12 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Any one of us could have written that mate. Some feeling.

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

Any one of us could have written that mate. Some feeling.

Got to agree. My unsurpassed moment was Crunchie’s goal v Hearts in the 98 semi final. One minute,  at the top of the stairs holding two coffees, and a stack of four pies. Crunchie scores, I end up half way down stairs, some old boy on my back, coffees and pies never seen again. Brilliant.

58 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Got to agree. My unsurpassed moment was Crunchie’s goal v Hearts in the 98 semi final. One minute,  at the top of the stairs holding two coffees, and a stack of four pies. Crunchie scores, I end up half way down stairs, some old boy on my back, coffees and pies never seen again. Brilliant.

I obviously hope you don't feel like that tomorrow ;) but this, and the way that we all felt on Saturday night when Froxy's free kick hit the net, is something that only diddy fans (with all due respect to Falkirk) will ever get.  OF fans will never know that feeling when a goal goes in in an important match.

8 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

I obviously hope you don't feel like that tomorrow ;) but this, and the way that we all felt on Saturday night when Froxy's free kick hit the net, is something that only diddy fans (with all due respect to Falkirk) will ever get.  OF fans will never know that feeling when a goal goes in in an important match.

It was probably like that when Celtic won the European Cup, but now, they only live for scoring against one another, and the occasional win or draw with a Barcelona or a Bayern.  I reckon if the SPFL set up another league containing only the OF playing one another 16 times a season, most of their following would buy into it.

Diddyness is a bit of a sliding scale.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Disappointing that Walsh is still out, I was hoping to see a Burt, Stirling, Walsh and Stewart combo but utterly delightful news that Wardrop is available. With Smith being out I'd imagine he'll waltz into the starting 11.

'Utterly delightful' - mate its irrelevant.

I always worry when we have a big home crowd and hope to make a big positive impression. It’s went off the rails so many times.

Hartley just might be what makes the difference this time.

After this, his next big millstone milestone is winning the first league game of the season for a dozen or so years. Then we’ll see what’s what.

When Grant's header went in and our end erupted I found myself hugging the guy next to me as we jumped up and down on the spot screaming our heads off. Never met him before, never seen him since but in that instant, we were brothers.

Had a similar experience with a guy when we scored the third v hibs in the semi. Only difference is I see him up the town quite often and we both look at each other and acknowledge the shame.

14 minutes ago, thelocalcat said:

Had a similar experience with a guy when we scored the third v hibs in the semi. Only difference is I see him up the town quite often and we both look at each other and acknowledge the shame.

When that goal went in, I forgot that my 8yo daughter, who was getting tired by that point, was half-lying across my knee.

I jumped up celebrating, looked down, and for a second couldn't understand why my wee girl was lying along the row of seats in front, with a "WTF just happened?" look on her face.

Archived