Hartleys Form Table Fliers v Dumbarton

Aye, but you scored two crackers in a match that really mattered on Saturday....and we have another match this Saturday that really matters.
So I think we will be cautious in believing you won’t be a threat this weekend. Especially with our defence looking incapable of keeping a clean sheet...

But normal service was resumed on Tuesday night, when we missed a barrowload of chances

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But normal service was resumed on Tuesday night, when we missed a barrowload of chances

I suspect there may also have been a slight lack of match sharpness after the weekend celebrations. Understandably too!
Think it may be a different matter this weekend when the mind is properly back on survival...

Great effort from Falkirk with community engagement. Take note Dumbarton. I know Falkirk are a bigger club than us but are you guys just that bit away from the old firm geographically or do you think it still negatively affects your crowds? 

Guest Back Post Misses

Very very tricky game this for us. 3 points and we are as good as safe IMO. Most important game of Hartley’s time in charge for me

11 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Aye, but you scored two crackers in a match that really mattered on Saturday....and we have another match this Saturday that really matters.
So I think we will be cautious in believing you won’t be a threat this weekend. Especially with our defence looking incapable of keeping a clean sheet...

Was it no the challenge cup on Saturday?

Was it no the challenge cup on Saturday?

To be fair Shadwell, we have won it four times and been in three relatively recent major Cup finals. It may not mean that much to us but I don’t think Dumbarton have been in a Cup Final for over 120 years so I can understand why it means so much to them.

Hope they win it too! ICT fans I suspect don’t care nearly as much either.

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

They celebrated winning the Scottish Cup in the same way as someone would applaud a mediocre shot at golf out of politeness, so yes, they can get fucked in any cup competition forever.

2 hours ago, the snudge said:

Great effort from Falkirk with community engagement. Take note Dumbarton. I know Falkirk are a bigger club than us but are you guys just that bit away from the old firm geographically or do you think it still negatively affects your crowds? 

Half an hour drive. Same as yourselves. Distance is never the issue with the decision to 'support' they c***s though. I'm sure you knew that anyway.

Back to the real world, even though they have sold out the 2,000 allocation I doubt it will be that high in attendance for this section. Because they are free I'm sure youth clubs etc would just snap up what they can on the off the chance some of them actually want to go, with many going spare. Great initiative though. If you manage to even get a small percentage regularly wanting to come back it can only be a positve. Up to the playing and management staff to produce the goods on the park on saturday first and foremost though so that there is a decent level of entertainment to make them want to return.

39 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

To be fair Shadwell, we have won it four times and been in three relatively recent major Cup finals. It may not mean that much to us but I don’t think Dumbarton have been in a Cup Final for over 120 years so I can understand why it means so much to them.

I'm one of those odd guys who really appreciates the Challenge Cup. I therefore deplore the addition of colt teams into it.

I get genuinely pissed off when we lose in it compared to say, the league cup which we are not going to win.

15 hours ago, Silverton End said:

If the football's shite you get a great view of the Grangemouth refinery from where we get to sit.

The belching steam/smoke is truly hypnotic, on a clear day flames can be seen too.

Common mistake. The steam and smoke aren’t really hypnotic, they are in fact a mild anaesthetic. We supporters have a higher tolerance than visitors.some of our players, not so much.

I remember well enough when we beat St Mirren at Motherwell’s ground on a freezing cold monsoon of a day, it was a huge deal for both sides.

We had the “big stand” behind the goal, and read the Buds their horoscope that day. Our wee mini-bus had Bill Leckie as a passenger that day, and fair play, he didn’t take the defeat well. Takes a decent supporter to show abject depression all the way home on an opposition supporters bus.

17 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Challenge cup is brilliant. If they would scrap the colt teams and include a few more teams perhaps from the Scandinavian leagues it would be perfect.

Sod that. Spanish teams please.

13 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Our failure when we have a bigger crowd also has to be taken into it for Dumbarton

13 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Challenge cup is brilliant. If they would scrap the colt teams and include a few more teams perhaps from the Scandinavian leagues it would be perfect.

Its lost its earlier appeal, generally most FFC fans I know only get up for it at the semis. I think they'd have been better adding the juniors and highland leave teams other than the welsh and Irish. 

A cup competition in Scotland with a handful of teams in other countries shows how tragic its got, never mind colt teams

The colts team nonsense puts me off the challenge cup tbh. If we ever get drawn against one I’d be boycotting it. I’d also hope we absolute scud them. No place for any colt sides in any senior league or cup.

Also hope Dumbarton beat ICT due to the tragic scenes from their fans in the cup final.

Archived