Hartleys Form Table Fliers v Dumbarton

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

If over 6k turn up for this (2k freebies or not), then indeed, what a club.

Like The Hype’s starting line up. The Yak as a wee bulldozer, King Louis to pass the ball into the net and with a decent midfield that looks capable of winning a scrap, then Sibbs is free to do his thing.

Hopefully we are at it from the get go. We haven’t scored against them this season, so it’s time to put that right, and then we can have a wee glance upwards at ICT and the Fifers. There’s few games this season that could truly be described as “pivotal”, but this just might be one of them.

Hippo scored a penalty in the 1-1.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, bold prediction time. They’ve scored 15, we’ve scored 28. They have a better (or less bad) defensive record.

Juggernaut power play. 3-1 Bairns.

4 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Right, bold prediction time. They’ve scored 15, we’ve scored 28. They have a better (or less bad) defensive record.

Juggernaut power play. 3-1 Bairns.

Those 15 all came in 2017, we still haven't scored a league goal this calendar year. The 1 goal you've given us is generous.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Those 15 all came in 2017, we still haven't scored a league goal this calendar year. The 1 goal you've given us is generous.

It felt like the polite thing to do. You us and Brechin are the league’s only negative goal differences. We three concede, but we now score. I will stick with 3-1 but secretly hope for a launch pad 4-0.

The Bairns are some squad indeed,I’ve always been impressed by Falkirk fans since the times when you could go and see superstars like Latapy,Stainrod, and the like.
I worked in Falkirk at the time, and many great days at Brockville 

Quadrophenia. Dundee,Dumbarton, St Mirren and now Falkirk!

7 hours ago, The Moonster said:

f**k knows with us. If everyone was fit I'd be quietly confident of getting a result but it's a lottery as to who's fit enough to play just about every match now. Fail to win here and we can accept the play-offs, no chance we'll make up the required points with the games remaining if we don't win. After this Falkirk game we have 3 games at home (ICT, Queens, Brechin) and then an away game to Brechin. Huge time for the squad.

Two league wins since November.....That's last seasons Raith form and will see you finish where Raith finished.

We need to kill the thought of Dumbarton finishing above 9th and perhaps push upwards to throw down some of the other teams in the Switzerland position

I hope we use the scheme again for other games, giving free tickets to schools, there is no money in empty seats

always a tricky game this and despite having decent form we've huffed and puffed a bit. agree with earlier team mentioned on first page although don't mind between Grant and Watson at the back.

I obviously hope we win this but hope Dumbarton stay up, decent club, decent manager and decent fans on here.

35 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

always a tricky game this and despite having decent form we've huffed and puffed a bit. agree with earlier team mentioned on first page although don't mind between Grant and Watson at the back.

I obviously hope we win this but hope Dumbarton stay up, decent club, decent manager and decent fans on here.

...agree this will be tricky; Dumbarton have a pretty decent record at TFS in recent years,  one of the better points returns for other teams in the division.  If we win, suspect it’ll be a 2-1 sort of game,  don’t see a bigger margin than that. 

FWIW I’d also like to see them survive, and added respect for having the best strip in the league outwith the navy blue.  

Bigger crowd than 3 of the 5 Premiership games too. #crowdwank
With ST holders able to bring a mate for a tenner I'd be surprised if the crowd wasn't closer to 7k tbh 
I love how the club are taking pressure away from Tackles regarding the gate. Everyone knows 2000 extra Bairns will be there for the grand occasion that is #TT100 :wub:
Do you guys want us to dust off our temporary stand we keep specially for you guys just so you can house the thousands wanting to come see the 2018 irn-bru cup finalists. Sounds like you might need it. Wouldn't want any of your fans being disappointed now and having a meltdown on here...........

57 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Do you guys want us to dust off our temporary stand we keep specially for you guys just so you can house the thousands wanting to come see the 2018 irn-bru cup finalists. Sounds like you might need it. Wouldn't want any of your fans being disappointed now and having a meltdown on here...........

Would love you to bring the temporary stand but Taiwo would probably go sliding through it during the warm-up.

3 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Heading to this on Saturday, first time at Falkirk. Wheres best to park, guys? Don't mind having to walk a bit.

With the humongous crowd if you want to park for free near the ground I'd heavily suggest you arrive early.

Park at the college on the right just past the ground or anywhere in the Bog (the large housing estate on the left just after the ground).

When you come off the Motorway and just after Earls Gate roundabout there is a Industrial Estate on your right where I hear a lot of folk also choose to park for free.

You can pay £4 and park at the car park outside the ground too.

Whatever you decide I'd be looking to park at around 2

1 hour ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Heading to this on Saturday, first time at Falkirk. Wheres best to park, guys? Don't mind having to walk a bit.

If the football's shite you get a great view of the Grangemouth refinery from where we get to sit.

The belching steam/smoke is truly hypnotic, on a clear day flames can be seen too.

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I just think you guys would be best served keeping your goal scoring powder dry for the Ayr Utd double header. Always remember...keeping yourselves in this league means keeping wee Mark Kerr out of it. There’s your motivation right there.

8 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I just think you guys would be best served keeping your goal scoring powder dry for the Ayr Utd double header. Always remember...keeping yourselves in this league means keeping wee Mark Kerr out of it. There’s your motivation right there.

Our goal scoring powder has been dry for months :unsure: (Cup ties aside)

Aye, but you scored two crackers in a match that really mattered on Saturday....and we have another match this Saturday that really matters.
So I think we will be cautious in believing you won’t be a threat this weekend. Especially with our defence looking incapable of keeping a clean sheet...

Archived