Hartleys Form Table Fliers v Dumbarton

First game for me in a wee while this weekend. 3 points is a bit of a must here to really put us a good bit clear of the Sons. We can all rest a little easier if we win this and start concentrating on climbing up a few places/fucking up peoples parties at the other end.

It would be great fun to end this car crash of a season by ruining the dreams of others and hopefully putting in another 6 goal demolition of some c**t.

That wont be this weekend though, the football hasn't been great recently and a scrappy win will do. As far as lineup goes.... I would hope Grant has been working on some stuff and is ready to come back in. Not sure even on current form he is as much a bombscare as Watson. Midfield of Tumilty, Taiwo, Sibbald, Kidd and Robson.

Jak and Nelson/Longridge up front.

I think playing Longridge behind 2 strikers is trying to force the issue a wee bit and our best performances this season have come with the above midfield which is more balanced, and more effective in keeping the back door shut.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hazard

Muirhead          Grant           McGhee 

Tumilty             taiwo      Blair             Robson

Sibbs

Jak           longridge

Hazard
                                        Sibbs
                              Jak           longridge
Take that anaw. I did consider saying Blair instead of Kidd but I havent really clapped eyes on Blair to say how hes looking. In theory that midfield may be a bit more potent going forward and solid enough.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
14 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:
                                          Hazard
                                        Sibbs
                              Jak           longridge

Take that anaw. I did consider saying Blair instead of Kidd but I havent really clapped eyes on Blair to say how hes looking. In theory that midfield may be a bit more potent going forward and solid enough.

I would to see what Blair could offer and think Saturday would be a good opportunity for him. If not him then aye kidd in there. That front 3 makes me want to bite my lip

I would to see what Blair could offer and think Saturday would be a good opportunity for him. If not him then aye kidd in there. That front 3 makes me want to bite my lip
Which is some statement considering where we were 4-6 months ago.... Nelson is interchangeable for either of the front 2 aswell I would say, although I did think before Nelson and Jak together but I am starting to think that might be a wee bit too weighted towards directness. One striker right on top of the centre halfs and one floating about coming deep or drifting wide doing Louis Longridge stuff might be a better combo.

Nelson is going to have a bit of a job gettimg back in but the way he plays would make him a nightmare for CHs off the bench after 60 minutes of being aJakked constantly and getting megged by King Louis.

f**k knows with us. If everyone was fit I'd be quietly confident of getting a result but it's a lottery as to who's fit enough to play just about every match now. Fail to win here and we can accept the play-offs, no chance we'll make up the required points with the games remaining if we don't win. After this Falkirk game we have 3 games at home (ICT, Queens, Brechin) and then an away game to Brechin. Huge time for the squad.

2000 extra folk on saturday!

Hope plenty of them turn up. Not so many that I cant get my usual parking space, but a good few.

Sticking 2k onto a (already huge) gate just like that for a relegation clash with Dumbarton though.... What a fucking club.

Truly a box office establishment

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Hope plenty of them turn up. Not so many that I cant get my usual parking space, but a good few.

Sticking 2k onto a (already huge) gate just like that for a relegation clash with Dumbarton though.... What a fucking club.

Truly a box office establishment

Falkirk v Dumbarton. Third bottom v second bottom in the Scottish second tier. Late February and it's freezing.

Crowd 6,497.

SOME. FUCKING. CLUB.

In truth this has looked like a league season too far for us from quite a way back, and I'd expect us to finish in the position that we currently occupy.  We've never at any point had a settled team over a run of games, and the never-ending  injury situation has been a steady drain on both players and morale.  We have though competed in just about every fixture, and have hardly had a tanking, but a truly miserable strike rate has had it's effect.

No raising of the white flag yet however, and with the Challenge Cup Final as an interesting diversion I expect us to keep having a go.  Falkirk will probably have too much for us on the day though, and maybe we need to begin to focus our attention on securing our status via the play-offs.  If we can muster our best XI by that time, eg Boomer back in, then we have a fighting chance of staying up.

Nil Desperandum.

1 hour ago, ilostmyself said:

I imagine they'll go into the North stand. Great idea for the club when that stand would likely lie empty for games like this.

Only issue is that every time I can remember us running promotions like this we've got beat

With the Kelpies to Kick Off thing also on Saturday, it could be double trouble. 

Hopefully.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Falkirk v Dumbarton. Third bottom v second bottom in the Scottish second tier. Late February and it's freezing.

Crowd 6,497.

SOME. FUCKING. CLUB.

Outstanding Juggernautery. Two full ends for our players to attack on Saturday. Expecting 2 x sexy south stand halves of football from ourselves 

If over 6k turn up for this (2k freebies or not), then indeed, what a club.

Like The Hype’s starting line up. The Yak as a wee bulldozer, King Louis to pass the ball into the net and with a decent midfield that looks capable of winning a scrap, then Sibbs is free to do his thing.

Hopefully we are at it from the get go. We haven’t scored against them this season (yes we have so that’s bollocks). Win, and then we can have a wee glance upwards at ICT and the Fifers. There’s few games this season that could truly be described as “pivotal”, but this just might be one of them.

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Crowd 6,497.

SOME. FUCKING. CLUB.

Bigger crowd than 3 of the 5 Premiership games too. #crowdwank

Archived