Stranraer v Alloa

Not sure of our starting 11 yet but I have been handed a list of the substitutes.  It reads as follows:-

GK Wilson

12 BigMartyn86

14 Waspie

15 Kobe2010

16 LeodhasXD

17 KierenAAFC

18 whereismillar

That's a stronger looking bench than the one up in Arbroath last week :thumsup2

Alloa bench.jpg

TEAM LEAKS - McCart didn't recover from his injury and Stewart still isn't 100% 

but after running rings round Hetherington on Tuesday and Thursday Jim's seen fit to name me in the starting XI. Paperwork to go through on Monday.

Artboard 1.png

Massive 3 points for THE BLUES.

Followed the game in our Twitter Page.

1st half seemed all us

2nd half holding on till the end.

Tell a story when Max Currie gets MOTM. 

Anyway onwards and upwards.

Well done FAZ and the team.

KEEP THE FAITH

CMON THE BLUES

Superb performance from stranraer today after two very bad results. Very brave call by faz dropping anderson aggy and woods. But we possibly played some of our best football today. Not a bad performance from anyone today. Everyone played for the shirt and gave 100%. Clean sheet will helps max curries confidence big time today. 

Mon blue 

First half was all us, second half all Alloa - fantastic result and we did well to hold on as, arguably, this had a draw written all over it.

Changes to the team worked with MacPherson and Hawkshaw really impressive first half, although both faded out second half.

Defence looked more solid with Hamill in the middle and the youngsters around him were fine.

Not sure what Okoh brought to the party although I would choose him over Thomson, who was anonymous but for a great saving clearance in injury time.

Another 3-4 points should see us safe - onwards and upwards!

Turner, Thomson and Lyon had an excellent first half and we bossed the midfield.
Alloa had the lions share of possession and pressure in the second half but we managed to keep them out well. Robertson was excellent all game and Hammil also had one of his better games. Although Max got motm, I thought he had very little to do apart from claim a few cross balls well. He is sure to get a confidence boost with the award and the clean sheet.
A massive, and unexpected 3 points yesterday was very welcome!

Alloa manager full of excuses and hard luck stories, facts are his team were outplayed in the first half with a team composing of three hard seasoned professionals and the rest made up of young loanees and our own youth most having just a handful of games in this league. second half of game they changed bringing on the big guys and just lumping the ball up the park hoping for a break.didn't work not good enough.

Archived