Friday Night Football

Mr.Albert

This Friday Royal Albert are playing Belshill Atheletic at the John Cummings Stadium  with a 7-45pm kick off

Should be a cracking game with both teams pushing for promotion.

Could this be the way ahead to try to avoid fixture pile ups especially when the lighter nights come in.

Royal Albert's park at Stonehouse is unusable through no fault of their own. As first choice, they have been playing their home games at Lesmahagow.

When both Lesmahagow and Royal Albert have had simultaneous home fixtures, Royal Albert have gone to their second choice - Carluke's plastic.

But it's a 'perfect storm' of all three being given home fixtures for this Saturday. So neither Lesmahagow nor Carluke were available for Royal Albert to use. So Royal Albert would have either had to have found a third choice venue to use on Saturday afternoon, or indeed the pragmatic solution of moving to the Friday night on the Carluke plastic, ahead of Carluke themselves using it the following afternoon.

So this is 'needs must' rather than any innovative shift to Friday night fitba.

However, if it sets a trend of subsequently doing so by choice, then great! :thumsup2  

Think shanner meant for the clubs that have lights and there is quite a few now. In Ayrshire cumnock, whitletts and winton have them and in central; benburb, petershill, rutherglen, renfrew, greenock, porr Glasgow, maryhill, rossvale. There is probably more so plenty of potential

Only Friday night game I've been to was at Renfrew against Rob Roy. Decent turn out and a good game. Throw in a howling storm to make it interesting for the players and for me it was a success. I might be wrong but I think it was the night before an Old Firm game a season or so back. Whatever, it was enjoyable before visiting the pub to dry out! I would like to see more of them. However I recall somebody saying that the cost to replace one of the bulbs at Renfrew was about £200. None of your long life bulbs for these things. But that's something the clubs have to budget for anyway.

Only Friday night game I've been to was at Renfrew against Rob Roy. Decent turn out and a good game. Throw in a howling storm to make it interesting for the players and for me it was a success. I might be wrong but I think it was the night before an Old Firm game a season or so back. Whatever, it was enjoyable before visiting the pub to dry out! I would like to see more of them. However I recall somebody saying that the cost to replace one of the bulbs at Renfrew was about £200. None of your long life bulbs for these things. But that's something the clubs have to budget for anyway.
Was it not us playing Renfrew that night ? Was a night b4 old firm game an we won 2-1 .

Went with my mate...he says  it's better than sitting in the house watching telly....only just .Goodly crowd by all accounts...no linespeople with no other competing fixtures - strange .IMO Bellshill better team by a distance..numbers 8 and 11 stuck out like sore thumbs , good display by the Albert keeper though .Friday nights will do for me .

The Albert we’re the better team in the first half but Belshill dominated the second half, but for two excellent saves from the Albert keeper Belshill would have had the 3 points. It was Baltic, mind you it’s like that every time I’ve been up there at a game, plus it’s always been windy

Archived