Dingwall vs Perth

I think O'Brien plays central for them, with Eagles or Dow on the right and that Keillor-Dunn on the left. 
Keillor-Dunn cuts in, and, I'm probably wrong, I've always had the impression Coyle prefers to play with proper wingers, so whoevers on the right will be a "hit the byline" player (fully expect this to be shown up as shite by a County fan). 
Agree about Alston though, he should pretty much be 1v1 with their left back, time to step up, Blair. 

Pretty sure I saw somewhere that it’s been O’Brian hence Naismith being so far forward. Maybe not. Keillor-Dunn does cut in, he’s done it against us before and I don’t think Marcus Fraser is the sort to go helping him, even if he’s on the right so that’ll be interesting. I think I’d be inclined to play Comrie on the right for this game, he’s got the pace to compete, Shaughnessey has a habit of falling over if he’s bad to spin which is why he’s a better centreback.

I’d also try and find a space for Willock in the midfield, as from what I’ve seen he can actually go by a man quite nicely and we lack that, especially against a County midfield who are very prone from what I’ve seen to diving in and pulling players back. That could be crucial if there’s a few running a tight rope.

This is all hypothetical of course. We’ll play none of these guys and Kyle McLean will start! Either way I think it simply has to be Kane uptop. No point firing high balls, we’ll win none regardless of who it is. Ball over the top to run into if we have to go long, force County back and hope Scott Fox is pressured quickly as he’s another with a mistake of closed down.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there will be a few changes. We were set up to be solid and defend on Sunday, it's a different story this week with the onus on us to create chances and get goals.  It's just hard to know who to change, as nobody had a bad game at Celtic.

Same back four with Easton or Tanser stepping in for the injured Foster.

I wonder if Millar will make way for Willock. Very harsh after Midge's performance, but Tommy might feel he wants more going forward and doesn't want two holding midfielders, and I can't see Muzz being dropped.  Alternatively, it could be Alston missing out,  but he also had a good game, and is capable of a good ball into the box.

Williams will definitely start.

I think Kane is a good shout, for his movement and energy, though Tommy might well stick with Macca.

I expect it to be something along the lines of:

Mannus

Shaughnessy Kerr  Anderson  Tanser

Alston   Davidson   Willock  Wotherspoon

Williams

Maclean

Though I'm usually wrong.

If we can't score against the bottom team, if we can't defend well against team, and if we can't get ourselves up for a game against the bottom team in the same way we did at Celtic Park last week, we deserve everything we get.

This is a huge game for us. Win and we give ourselves a large chunk of breathing space ahead of our game in hand against Hamilton, and makes the game against Rangers far less important. We can't be going into that one needing something from it.

6 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

If we can't score against the bottom team, if we can't defend well against team, and if we can't get ourselves up for a game against the bottom team in the same way we did at Celtic Park last week, we deserve everything we get.

This is a huge game for us. Win and we give ourselves a large chunk of breathing space ahead of our game in hand against Hamilton, and makes the game against Rangers far less important. We can't be going into that one needing something from it.

Don't worry, we let everyone score against us, if you're having a bit of trouble in front of goal both our first team keepers have been obliging enough to throw one in the net or stand about with the ball until the opposition feel like popping one into the goal, you'll definitely score.

Andrew Davies is available again, so I think he'll be straight back in for Fontaine.  I think Greg Tansey will start, and OC tends to prefer to pick Chris Routis when he can, so that probably means that Mattias Kait drops out.  I thought Tansey and Routis offered too much of the same thing together at the end of the Hearts match, I'd pick Kait over Routis because he has twice the awareness that Routis has despite having played just two senior league appearances, but then Routis has a bit of aerial power which OC tends to favour.

Jamie Lindsay is also due back.  There have been rumours all season of a clause in the loan agreement relating to him requiring to play so many games in the season or Celtic will be due some money.  I've been a fan of his since day 1 but I think he's a downgrade on those above.  I guess he'll be on the bench and come on for someone even if there isn't a need for it.

Otherwise it'll be the same lopsided 442/433 that OC has used in recent matches (and most of 2018 to date).  Jim O'Brien will be more of a third centre-mid than a right-sided midfielder, leaving room for Jason Naismith to have the right flank to himself, Davis Keillor-Dunn will attack from the left and Marcus Fraser won't overlap so much from left-back.  It's as good a shape as OC is going to get from a squad that has a load of centre-forwards and centre-mids and barely two wingers.

For those reasons I'd rather see Williams through the middle and not pin Naismith back so much, because he's the only one in the team to get to the line.

This will be the first week in the year where OC will have had an uninterrupted week to train outdoors, weather-wise, hopefully it makes a difference for Ngog, Tansey and Davies.

Pretty hopeful but not expecting a good result.  

ETA:

Capture.PNG.50f4b20fa8fb122921a5ee78b00deba0.PNG

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 19:53, PauloPerth said:

I think Kane is a good shout, for his movement and energy, though Tommy might well stick with Macca.

I don't think he will. A couple of weeks ago Tommy said he'd been 'too loyal' with players. There was truth in that. But there's been little evidence that he's acted. Last Saturday more than half our team was cup final season vintage, though there were extenuating circumstances at Parkhead – their experience was useful.

This week, there no such excuses. If we were to lose on Saturday fielding a team containing Anderson, Millar and MacLean, there would be questions not just about Tommy's  judgement, but also about his willingness to address weaknesses he himself promised to act on.

That's why I think Tommy will put his new players in. That plus the fact Kane and Williams up front and Willock in midfield makes sound sense: they have pace and carry a goal threat.

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

We seemingly have a full team out injured or sick. Things are looking bleak at McDiarmid just now.

Was reading that earlier. Watson, Foster, Easton, Scougall, Williams, Willock, McMillan and Hendry all expected to miss out. 

Archived