Queens Park vs Forfar

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Glasgow1999 said:

Why was Docherty subbed very early?

I'm not saying it was "why", but was it really just a coincidence that it was made less than a minute after his open-goal miss from six yards out?

Why did we not put an extra striker on after the red card, rather than swap defenders?  We struggle when we try to hang on to a 1 goal lead and drop back.
Why was Docherty subbed very early?

Because our head coach spent his career defending and thinks playing not to lose is more likely to "see the game out" than playing to win. And if course it's all the players' fault again.

I guess Gus never made any mistakes in his time....

As much ask would have liked to be there yesterday I couldn't. Good quality highlights though, not that highlights can ever give a clear indication of a match but good chances for both teams would suggest that a draw was fair. Four quality goals though.

I'm not saying it was "why", but was it really just a coincidence that it was made less than a minute after his open-goal miss from six yards out?

Pretty humiliating for the player and not the first time it’s happened this season
What sort of message does that send out to young players and what does it do for squad confidence and morale?
Good highlights we really missed some great chances to take 3 points - 2 freshies when it looked easier to score, Cummins header and strong penalty claim from Burns
Didn’t think it was a red btw not sure there was any contact ref was poor [emoji849]

22 minutes ago, Alf Stamp Army said:

Pretty humiliating for the player and not the first time it’s happened this season
What sort of message does that send out to young players and what does it do for squad confidence and morale?
Good highlights we really missed some great chances to take 3 points - 2 freshies when it looked easier to score, Cummins header and strong penalty claim from Burns
Didn’t think it was a red btw not sure there was any contact ref was poor emoji849.png

It was another classic example of where our main problem lies but it is apparently worth keeping him because he did well four years ago.

1 hour ago, williebraveheart said:

It was another classic example of where our main problem lies but it is apparently worth keeping him because he did well four years ago.

By four years ago, I assume you mean last season, our best league finish in a generation.

8 hours ago, an86 said:

The season summed up in 90 minutes. Competitive, some good moments, and blasting ourselves in the face. The squad is a fraction short of this level and it’s been obvious for many months.

Don't see how are squad is short of this level, as good as Forfar and Albion Rovers anyway and have East Fife on our mantelpiece.

25 minutes ago, PASSANDMOVE said:

Don't see how are squad is short of this level, as good as Forfar and Albion Rovers anyway and have East Fife on our mantelpiece.

Rovers are better than us for the simple fact they have Alan Trouten in their team. Forfar scudded Stranraer 5-0 last week as well. We don’t have that in our locker. We’re not absolutely horrendous and will compete and win the odd game, but ultimately the squad isn’t of sufficient quality to perform consistently. It’s always inevitable that this will happen if we’ve been up for a year or so. 

Because our head coach spent his career defending and thinks playing not to lose is more likely to "see the game out" than playing to win. And if course it's all the players' fault again.

I guess Gus never made any mistakes in his time....

Sorry to intrude into a thread nothing to do with Ayr, but that OG was absolutely glorious. Awful weather, SPL team at home, Gus getting dugs abuse all day for being ex Killie, then he pops up and does that in front of the home fans.

Anyway, thanks for posting. As you were...

The worst manager ever for bringing youngsters through. Brings them in they make a mistake which is to be expected and they are sent to Siberia.  We are more than a league club we have a great youth academy but I would not let Gus anywhere near our youngsters he destroys them. How many have came thru in his tenure as manager and stayed in the team? Absolutely none to my knowledge. Correct me if I'm mistaken. 

The worst manager ever for bringing youngsters through. Brings them in they make a mistake which is to be expected and they are sent to Siberia.  We are more than a league club we have a great youth academy but I would not let Gus anywhere near our youngsters he destroys them. How many have came thru in his tenure as manager and stayed in the team? Absolutely none to my knowledge. Correct me if I'm mistaken. 
To be fair he has given some decent opportunities to Mortimer, MacPherson, Summers, Magee, Brown and Foy. It's a fine line between giving opportunity and destroying their confidence. Easier at League 2 level I would think. We've all got our favourite team selection, but the truth is we are fighting for survival in League 1 and don't have obvious consistent talent.

Archived