Raith Rovers v Arbroath (24/02/18)

1 hour ago, Rover1990 said:

Lennox

Thomson  Davo  Bene  Murray

Robertson  Matthews

Zannatta  Vaughan  Furtado

Spence

I really like the look of this team. That front four should cause no end of problems for any team in this division. Robertson is key, as is getting Vaughan further forward. 

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Paco said:

Robertson and Matthews is surely the obvious answer in midfield, no? Zanatta and either Barr or Vaughan wide. If it’s Barr, drop Buchanan up front.

Smith has already shown a preference for Vaughan over Matthews in midfield so I wouldn't bet on it.

Just now, lichtie23 said:

Raith fans. Can we still go to the bar in the main stand pre match though we are to be seated in the stand behind the goal? I’m taking my son and we were made to feel very welcome with the kids on our last visit

Assuming it's open for this game then yes away fans will be allowed in. The Rovers pre-match article will probably be up later today or tomorrow which will highlight if the bar is due to be open or not.

Just spotted this in my images from last night - Fair play to Barry for doing his scouting - Long way to travel on a Tuesday! 
Barry.thumb.jpg.6c729a61c367d74dc6e4c98cc38f103d.jpg

That’s an excellent effort from Bazza!!
2 penalties, in the 4-1 win against Stranraer. Does the scoreline flatter or was it a proper hammering?
Robbo must start in midfield and if Herron isn’t fit enough to play I’d stick Matthews in. Not sure if I’d play Barr or not - I’m a fan, but he’s been off the boil for weeks.

That’s an excellent effort from Bazza!!
2 penalties, in the 4-1 win against Stranraer. Does the scoreline flatter or was it a proper hammering?
Robbo must start in midfield and if Herron isn’t fit enough to play I’d stick Matthews in. Not sure if I’d play Barr or not - I’m a fan, but he’s been off the boil for weeks.

We battered them 2nd half and should have scored 6 or 7. Penalties were both deserved and their keeper mate 3 very good saves

Getting towards that twitchy arse time of the year. We need to get a bit of momentum to take to Somerset in a few weeks, a win here would be a good start. As others have suggested, you’ve got to think we’re going to need full points at home to have a good shot at winning the title given our away form still shows no real sign of improving. Arbroath have shown they’re no mugs; this will undoubtedly be a tough game. Vaughan absolutely must start up front. If we start with the same formation and line up as the last two weeks I fear we’ll drop points. I’ll go for a nervy, shite 2-1 win with us coming from behind. Vaughan and Zanatta with the goals.

Getting towards that twitchy arse time of the year. We need to get a bit of momentum to take to Somerset in a few weeks, a win here would be a good start. As others have suggested, you’ve got to think we’re going to need full points at home to have a good stab at winning the title given our away form still shows no real sign of improving. Arbroath have shown they’re no mugs; this will undoubtedly be a tough game. Vaughan absolutely must start up front. If we start with the same formation and line up as the last two weeks I fear we’ll drop points. I’ll go for a nervy, shite 2-1 win with us coming from behind. Vaughan and Zanatta with the goals.

The Lichties have improved the squad since our last visit to Raith. Tuesday's result must give confidence that we might get something this time. I think we need Linn and Denholm to get behind the strong central defence, but that may depend on holding Raith for the early part of the game. A point would certainly suit us.

It's a nice warm up for the first leg of the play offs I guess.

Not feeling good about this at all, we just aren't a great team, and certainly not a good enough one to keep our best forward playing in central midfield, or to accommodate out of form players like Barr on a weekly basis.

On 2/21/2018 at 13:00, Oor Willis said:

Glad that we're back at Starks. It was utterly brutal to watch on the pitch last week at Cliftonhill and we created very little. Hopefully we'll get some update on when Scott Robertson will be back soon. He was a huge miss for us. Arbroath will fancy their chances, but we've still got a ridiculous record at home.

Going by Barry Smith's interview for RRFC TV , Robertson will be back for Saturday

Archived