League Leaders V Brechin City

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FT 1-0

Cue the correct clichés that all that matters at this stage of the season is 3 points. Rather be lucky than good, and all that.

What I will say is if the team does go up - as it surely will - taking away Morgan i could count the amount of Premiership standard players in our squad on one hand. Wholesale changes will be required and I’m sure the management realise that.

Cruised the first half and should've been up by a couple more. Second half we huffed and puffed, I thought Brechin's effort off the post was a certain goal when the boy hit it, and Samson had a decent save too.

I thought Ross's subs today changed the flow of the game, and not for the better.

All that said, that's another game down and we've got three points. We've found it tough against Brechin each time this season so I wouldn't be getting worried after today. 

Couldn't make the game today so spent the best part of 90 mins refreshing Twitter. It sounded like we were on top, scored, missed a penalty and passed up many more chances, relapsing into total clusterfuckery in the second half. Would that be about right?

I'm grateful for the three points but I feel it's a real missed opportunity  to restore our goal difference after last week. But as I said, it's three points and we should be looking to win at Tannadice on Friday night as well. 

Decent first half, played some good stuff. Good goal and then a decent penalty that the keeper made a great save for. Can't really complain about that.

Arse fell out in the second half though, Brechin didn't challenge much and we defended well so wouldn't say we got away with it, but we were utterly lost up front.

1 hour ago, CITY1974 said:

See we ve a strongish bench hope Dodsy changes things .We ve got decent attacking options and should throw caution to the wind

Absolutely no idea why you haven’t won a game this season as you have looked decent every time I’ve see you. You have decent players and a goal threat as well and have given us a scare twice at home now. 

Said it was going to be close and it was. Nervy is also another descriptor. We've struggled against them in our previous meetings, not surprised at all to see us do it again.

4 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Sounds the Maureens were clinging on in the end. Good luck to Livi next season in the Premiership.

Some teams know not to lose late goals, others don't.

1 minute ago, Buddist Monk said:

Said it was going to be close and it was. Nervy is also another descriptor. We've struggled against them in our previous meetings, not surprised at all to see us do it again.

Some teams know not to lose late goals, others don't.

Hit the bar missed a penalty bossed the game. Drama Queen Elvis love the guy. 

12 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Sounds the Maureens were clinging on in the end. Good luck to Livi next season in the Premiership.

Some fucking balls on Szamo considering his team's just slipped to 4th (fourth) in the league.

Will you even make the playoffs?

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

Some fucking balls on Szamo considering his team's just slipped to 4th (fourth) in the league.

Will you even make the playoffs?

We'll beat your lot in the semi before pumping Patrick in the final. See you then. :wub:

15 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

We'll beat your lot in the semi before pumping Patrick in the final. See you then. :wub:

Potentially a much tougher Championship next season. Two Highland teams, mebbe Ayr and Raith back. I don't fancy your chances next season either, tbh.

Archived