League Leaders V Brechin City

On 19/02/2018 at 22:39, Demented Zebra said:

What I find really funny is the cool Saints fans who are quite worried, get that lads knichèrwett its called. The same posters slate BAWA which I understand but the skaters still read it , yes skaters floating between here and everywhere admit it. I dont' go on BAWA  give me  a reat ffs of course you read it. You are Saints fans contribute  lads help improve the site . Mr Boring Boo is the type that ruins these type of sites with his English snobbery judgmental shit. No disrespect to Brechin  meant but St Mirren will win this game . 

Absolutely incomprehensible gibberish.

Hope you were drunk when barfing up that nonsense.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had the fear last weekend.  Was proven to be correct.  Still feeling a bit jittery about this game.  

1-1 as we've angered the footballing gods with the petty, B&WA-esque, infighting and bickering thats been sneaking on to this forum over the last few weeks. 

I've got tickets to the Calcutta Cup game this weekend.  I'll be full of drink, and back up the road.  First half saints, FT draw as I'll have taken my eye off the ball from 1600hrs.  

On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 10:34, AW saint said:

Would be tempted to give Donati and Hippolyte a start in this one

Hippolyte definitely , maybe a wee switch in the system tomorrow allowing him , Reilly and Smith to start, with possibly Flynn on the bench !

On 19/02/2018 at 22:39, Demented Zebra said:

What I find really funny is the cool Saints fans who are quite worried, get that lads knichèrwett its called. The same posters slate BAWA which I understand but the skaters still read it , yes skaters floating between here and everywhere admit it. I dont' go on BAWA  give me  a reat ffs of course you read it. You are Saints fans contribute  lads help improve the site . Mr Boring Boo is the type that ruins these type of sites with his English snobbery judgmental shit. No disrespect to Brechin  meant but St Mirren will win this game . 

I know exactly what and who you are getting at and I agree. 

I'd put Mcshane back in and go back to the team that were strolling it with Magennis wide. Hippolyte Donati and Sutton on the bench.

Yeah me too. Think mcshane was very unlucky to be dropped and I’ve not seen anything from Flynn to make me think he’s better than him.

Not convinced magennis is better than mcshane playing through the middle either. I’d go back to the original 11 that mostly got us in this position:

Samson

Smith
Davis
Baird
Eckersley

Magennis
McShane
Mcginn
Morgan (tho I think we are due a bit more from him)
Smith

Riley

McShane was dropped as he needed a rest, according to Ross, so surely after that rest you'll expect him back. In the sense that I agree Magennis is better in the middle, and out wide I feel Flynn is a better wide player, I think the addition of Flynn and Hyppolite hasn't resolved the issue of who to play in our MF/RM positions, if anything simply extended the problem. Not that I think Flynn or Hyppolite are bad additions, btw.

Why don't we try dropping Morgan? I mean I know how that sounds, but after the Aberdeen game and the Celtic confirmation he's not necessarily been playing badly just that he's not near the heights of earlier on in the season. If Magennis can play right, I'm sure he could - he and Morgan regularly swapped sides in previous games, this would allow you to line up with the midfield of (left to right) Magennis, McShane, McGinn, Flynn. With Morgan, Hippolyte and Donati on the bench, allowing Ross to be really flexible regarding changes to his midfield during the game.

Previous Brechin games have been close as I mentioned earlier in the thread, and I feel it is that midfield area that will be the difference. Brechin sit back and hope to get us on the break. I think their "star" man (Laing? Can't remember his name - sure it begins with an L) so controlling that middle third will be vitally important.

We have 11 games to go and a team that has a proven winning mentality even when not playing well. Now is not the time to experiment unless we start losing or have forced personnel changes. Get McShane back in, drop Flynn and let the other new recruits wait their turn on the bench. The guys that have got us this far are the ones that have shown they have what it takes to win games.

3 hours ago, Buddist Monk said:

McShane was dropped as he needed a rest, according to Ross, so surely after that rest you'll expect him back. In the sense that I agree Magennis is better in the middle, and out wide I feel Flynn is a better wide player, I think the addition of Flynn and Hyppolite hasn't resolved the issue of who to play in our MF/RM positions, if anything simply extended the problem. Not that I think Flynn or Hyppolite are bad additions, btw.

Why don't we try dropping Morgan? I mean I know how that sounds, but after the Aberdeen game and the Celtic confirmation he's not necessarily been playing badly just that he's not near the heights of earlier on in the season. If Magennis can play right, I'm sure he could - he and Morgan regularly swapped sides in previous games, this would allow you to line up with the midfield of (left to right) Magennis, McShane, McGinn, Flynn. With Morgan, Hippolyte and Donati on the bench, allowing Ross to be really flexible regarding changes to his midfield during the game.

Previous Brechin games have been close as I mentioned earlier in the thread, and I feel it is that midfield area that will be the difference. Brechin sit back and hope to get us on the break. I think their "star" man (Laing? Can't remember his name - sure it begins with an L) so controlling that middle third will be vitally important.

So we now have two players who are quite adept at playing right wing yet we have problems filling the position? Why don’t we drop the whole team while we are at it because every single one of them played better earlier in the season. Before Livingston we went 10(?) games unbeaten and now we need to make various changes? 

Unthinkable to drop Morgan, he gives so much to the team both attacking and defending. He is a terrific outball at any time in the match. I think Hippolyte looked good last week when he came on. I would be tempted to put him in for Flynn however don’t think Flynn has done anything wrong to deserve to be dropped.  I wouldn’t be in any rush to bring McShane back in, I don’t see anything he brings that Magennis can’t give us in midfield. We should be as attacking as possible today, Morgan happens to be our best threat going forward. 

2 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

So we now have two players who are quite adept at playing right wing yet we have problems filling the position? Why don’t we drop the whole team while we are at it because every single one of them played better earlier in the season. Before Livingston we went 10(?) games unbeaten and now we need to make various changes?

I never said we have problems, in fact the very opposite. As for the "drop the whole team", that's just unnecessary melodrama. I am talking about rotation and resting, not wholesale changes.

5 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Unthinkable to drop Morgan, he gives so much to the team both attacking and defending. He is a terrific outball at any time in the match. I think Hippolyte looked good last week when he came on. I would be tempted to put him in for Flynn however don’t think Flynn has done anything wrong to deserve to be dropped.  I wouldn’t be in any rush to bring McShane back in, I don’t see anything he brings that Magennis can’t give us in midfield. We should be as attacking as possible today, Morgan happens to be our best threat going forward. 

Morgan is a great asset. I also agree about Flynn. I disagree about McShane/Magennis though, different players who offer different things.

Neither of us are Ross, so it's all conjecture, but I really don't see too much problem with shuffling the pack when we're playing the weakest team in the league.

HT 1-0

Should be more ahead really. Bit of fortune about the first goal, keeper OG after free kick hitting the bar.

Then the penalty. Don’t get how Davis doesn’t take it, given he took and scored our last penalty. McShane’s is saved naturally.

We’re well on top and Brechin aren’t offering much of anything. Need that second goal though.

15 minutes ago, Lex said:

Then the penalty. Don’t get how Davis doesn’t take it, given he took and scored our last penalty. McShane’s is saved naturally.

McShane takes the penalties and had scored 3/3 before today. Davis took the last one as McShane wasn't on. He's scored 1/1.

Archived