League Leaders V Brechin City

The champions elect hope to bounce back from the defeat at Livingston with a home game against (still) winless Brechin. Normal service resumed with a comfortable home win or a potential banana skin?

Fingers crossed for the former, and I'm in no doubt that Jack will have given them a good kick up the jacksie after Saturday's performance so I'm going for a 4-0 home win.:thumsup2

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We ve no been really pumped this year apart from Celtic .I fear we ll get one yet so would happily get it over and done with this weekend. Saying that we re not a million miles away from winning a game more poor tactics than poor displays. I'll go 4 2 Saints.

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

We simply have to get 3 points and put in a decent performance. Im hoping for an early goal to settle us and then run out comfortable winners. Then again it's St Mirren and we seldom do things the easy way.  

Starting to feel like we might yet turn this title stroll into a close-fought contest. :unsure2:

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

We simply have to get 3 points and put in a decent performance. Im hoping for an early goal to settle us and then run out comfortable winners. Then again it's St Mirren and we seldom do things the easy way.  

Didn't really work that way on Saturday :unsure2:!

6 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Didn't really work that way on Saturday :unsure2:!

Correct but the game changer was the calamity between Baird and Samson who are both prone to making monumental f**k ups.

Now having said that Sammy has been brilliant for us and kept us in many games where we could have been in trouble. The same goes for Jack Baird arguably the most improved player at the club this season. Shit happens we've had one poor performance but when you consider how far we've come in one season it's an amazing turn around.

We will win the Brechin game and go on to the title I have every faith in Jack Ross and this squad.

4 minutes ago, MacArab said:

C’mon Brechin........... YOUR SEASON STARTS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

3-0 to Brechin. They've made some good signings and been unlucky this season. 

Jack Ross has lost focus after unsuccessfully whoring himself in darkest Yorkshire.

Us desperate?  Whatever gave you that idea?

Funnily enough Brechin have caused us problems in our previous matches, scraping a 2-1 win in each case. I suppose that gives the chasing pack some hope.

It'll come as no surprise I don't expect a Brechin win, and my money is on a St Mirren victory (hardly a risky prediction) but a cheeky wee draw might not be entirely out of the question. It is at home though and you'd hope our fans will win the game by the power of their booing alone.

Starting to feel like we might yet turn this title stroll into a close-fought contest. :unsure2:

Na, every team seems like it is going through a wee dodgy spell now and again. St Mirren are still top of the form league for the last 6 games.

The game changer for me this season was Samson's penalty save against United at Christmas. This is when you first felt St Mirren could actually win the league. I just hope the game changer isn't actually the f**k up between Samson and Baird on Saturday which inspired Livingston to a terrific 4-1 win.

I think this is going to be an extremely difficult game for the buds like the last two games against them.

Any kind of win will do as I think Livi will beat United on Friday.

I am not panicking but I think we will struggle at home to Brechin and Falkirk and can see us losing at Tannadice. Every side has a wee blip and maybe this might be our wee bad spell.

This title race isn't quite over just yet as I think Livingston look capable of going on a good run.

4 hours ago, Mr Zo said:

The game changer for me this season was Samson's penalty save against United at Christmas. This is when you first felt St Mirren could actually win the league. I just hope the game changer isn't actually the f**k up between Samson and Baird on Saturday which inspired Livingston to a terrific 4-1 win.

I think this is going to be an extremely difficult game for the buds like the last two games against them.

Any kind of win will do as I think Livi will beat United on Friday.

I am not panicking but I think we will struggle at home to Brechin and Falkirk and can see us losing at Tannadice. Every side has a wee blip and maybe this might be our wee bad spell.

This title race isn't quite over just yet as I think Livingston look capable of going on a good run.

You would have to hope that saints will manage to beat Brechin.  Yes they are not a bad side but we are going for the title and possess alot of attacking options. If we can't beat them then yes there will be a title race. The United game seems.to fill us with fear? Why if we beat them they're probably finished?  

What I find really funny is the cool Saints fans who are quite worried, get that lads knichèrwett its called. The same posters slate BAWA which I understand but the skaters still read it , yes skaters floating between here and everywhere admit it. I dont' go on BAWA  give me  a reat ffs of course you read it. You are Saints fans contribute  lads help improve the site . Mr Boring Boo is the type that ruins these type of sites with his English snobbery judgmental shit. No disrespect to Brechin  meant but St Mirren will win this game . 

Archived