2 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Haven't seen much of this. I said yesterday that we would probably need 10 wins (including away to St. Mirren) from the last 12 to even consider challenging. I think we've left ourselves too much to do.

Good news is that we are now 12 points ahead of 5th (having played a game more). A few more wins and a playoff spot will be very hard to miss.

It was mostly just ATLIS tbf. Majority seems to be enjoying the great run and excited to see what happens next. Nothing wrong with that.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trust the fucking boi that is Ryan Hardie to pop up and get a last minute winner. This may be optimistic by me but I can't see us getting relegated now think we could be safe. Girls don't like boys girls like Ryan Hardie

1 hour ago, andylivi1 said:

I think most people talking title challenges are opposition supporters tbh, I’ve not even considered it, we would need to go on an even better run than we are just now and probably win 9, 10 of the 12 remaining games to give us even a slim hope of catching a St mirren team who would really need to throw it away. 

No matter what happens from now until the end of the season it’s been quite a remarkable season and I’m thoroughly enjoying it. 

I honestly think our squad is as good as anyone’s in the league imo, Keaghan Jacobs can’t get a look in just now, who’d have thought that at the start of the season, Thompson to come back from suspension, Mullin who looked a bit more up for it last night, Buchanan is great cover to have defensively and Boyd who up to now has been poor but could easily come on and do a job.

Next few games are important, Morton and Dunfermline both away from home, then an ICT side that haven’t failed to impress me in all 3 meetings up to now at home, I think if we wanted to be serious about a challenge we’d probably need to get minimum 7 points, as is id be very happy with 3-5 points to keep the tally ticking over. 

Keaghan has been injured and is just back in full training. I’m gutted sure he will get a run in the team again shortly.  The energetic style of our play means we will need to rotate the midfielders in coming games.

14 hours ago, Stevie88 said:

Terrible from the united defence there, gave Hardie all the time in the world to take the shot. Pathetic

It really was inexcusably abysmal defending, especially so given when it happened it in the game. When Hardie got the ball it was basically three on one, so one of the centre backs should have been right on him. Letting him turn was bad enough, but then the two centre backs springing back from him and giving him space to run and shoot was shocking. One of them should have closed him down immediately. Even if Hardie was to beat him, there were other defenders who could have covered.

Chucklesome.

13 minutes ago, Snooky said:

Keaghan has been injured and is just back in full training. I’m gutted sure he will get a run in the team again shortly.  The energetic style of our play means we will need to rotate the midfielders in coming games.

Aye I know but at the start of the season he’d have been most peoples choice to be playing and wasn’t playing much when he was fit. Shows how well, Shaun Byrne, Scott Pittman, Robinson recently, Penrice when he was here have done. 

Not convinced we will rotate, we’ve built a season through a consistent line ups, Pittman and Byrne been almost ever presents the back 3 the same. 

The way Robinson has played the last two games it’s going to be hard to displace him in the team, he’s actually joint top scorer for us now, just think of he wasn’t out injured earlier in the season how many goals he’d have.

We have great options in the middle of the park. 

The last two games probably suited Livi playing teams whose target was three points they'll probably find themselves favourites in most of their remaining games and maybe having to force the pace, it might not suit them or is that me clutching at straws? Anyway its still in our hands.

2 minutes ago, btb said:

The last two games probably suited Livi playing teams whose target was three points they'll probably find themselves favourites in most of their remaining games and maybe having to force the pace, it might not suit them or is that me clutching at straws? Anyway its still in our hands.

Our next game is against Morton who have been quietly grinding out some pretty good results but largely flying under the radar. 

Along with most other Livi supporters I cant see us catching St Mirren but hopefully we can make it interesting.

That being said what do I know about football? At the beginning of the season I had us in eighth place with an optimistic dream of maybe getting to sixth. The top three I had as Dundee United; ICT and Falkirk with QoS; St Mirren and Morton battling it out for fourth. I would be over the moon if teams finished the season in their current position unlikely as it may be.

3 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Agree with the 5 points mark, I'll start to get excited if that happens. We need to go to Cappielow on Tuesday and win then hope for you to do us a favour in the derby.

The derby isn't until the penultimate game of the season so you might be waiting a while for that favour (unless I'm being whooshed).

I see after last night Hopkin again denied Livi are a physical team. I can't comment either way as I've only seen the League Cup game against Saints this season but if I was him I'd be playing it up, rather than down. Get teams even more scared of facing you than they already are. Who the hell cares what style of play you're deploying when it's so obviously working? It's the Scottish Championship for feck sake, not the Champions League - if a certain way of playing suits your team then go for it (unlike Alex Rae's hoofball last season), regardless of what everyone else may or may not say about it. It would be pretty boring if we all played the same way.

Hopkin has done a tremendous job this season and should be the Championship manager of the year regardless of whether or not Livi catch us.

48 minutes ago, Stu said:

The derby isn't until the penultimate game of the season so you might be waiting a while for that favour (unless I'm being whooshed).

I see after last night Hopkin again denied Livi are a physical team. I can't comment either way as I've only seen the League Cup game against Saints this season but if I was him I'd be playing it up, rather than down. Get teams even more scared of facing you than they already are. Who the hell cares what style of play you're deploying when it's so obviously working? It's the Scottish Championship for feck sake, not the Champions League - if a certain way of playing suits your team then go for it (unlike Alex Rae's hoofball last season), regardless of what everyone else may or may not say about it. It would be pretty boring if we all played the same way.

Hopkin has done a tremendous job this season and should be the Championship manager of the year regardless of whether or not Livi catch us.

With the 3 big CB's in defence it certainly is physical, but Lithgow and Gallagher have a bit of skill on the ball about themselves too, our midfield are aggressive and hard working, so a combination of graft and getting stuck in there, and Hardie up front is just intimidating to defenders, he's really good at winning 40/60 balls in the defenders favour.

We do a lot of nudging and pushes in defence, but so do other teams, Utd were doing a fair bit last night in midfield to stop us breaking on them, like you say though, it's Championship football, you expect a bit of physicality when playing here. Would be worse if we were being bullied and pushed around, we wouldn't be winning games if we were. 

I'm delighted in how Hoppy has us playing, very direct and the odd bit of skill, and solid as feck in defence, coming away with 3 points really helps too though, you can look past silky football when you're winning games, we played that style under Hughes and got a lot of pastings.

1 hour ago, btb said:

Yep, it did, and I think that's why away games suit us too, home fans don't want to see their team sit in defending against the away team. When we've space to play in behind defences we usually win games. 

We've already won twice away to Morton, but they're on a decent run just now so expecting a lot tougher game, and we still haven't managed to beat Dunfermline this season, and got a right doing there in the first half of our last away game, so prob the toughest game of our current run of games. Still a lot to do yet for us even getting 2nd place yet, before looking to try and catch St Mirren.

6 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

It was mostly just ATLIS tbf. Majority seems to be enjoying the great run and excited to see what happens next. Nothing wrong with that.

Was more so making the point that we're well equipped to run St Mirren home, hopefully we can make it close and take the important second spot for the playoffs

4 hours ago, Stu said:

Hopkin's point is that we've got two 5'4 central midfielders playing last night, where the apparent source of our physicality comes from. I rarely see Pittman make a tackle, he just chases you down and hunts you forcing you to play the ball quickly

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
23 minutes ago, Livilion28 said:
Pittman to Falkirk rumours have been going on for quite a while I think? Hope he stays 

We are keeping it going.

Honestly, he's better than Falkirk. Easily class player every week, could easily slot in with a Premiership club

Just now, Bairnardo said:
1 minute ago, ATLIS said:
Honestly, he's better than Falkirk. Easily class player every week, could easily slot in with a Premiership club

We are a Premiership club, we have just been misplaced (for a good number of years)

That sounds like Willo Flood's quote from yesterday :D 

You can't be a Premiership club if you're struggling to stay in the Championship (for now). Falkirk fairly enough had their shot in the last couple seasons but the playoffs never worked out

I've never seen Pittman mentioned moving to Falkirk anywhere other than on P&B, and pretty sure it was Livilion28 who's been going about saying it, then Falkirk fans picked up on it from him. I'd like a link to the source he got that from though, because I've a reliable source that knows Pittman hasn't had any thought about going anywhere yet, or contact from other clubs. 

Archived