Not a fan of Fri night football but hope it goes well anyway, and we get a decent crowd down from Dundee. 

This is a massive game for both clubs, prob more so for Utd with their expectation level being a lot higher than ours, but as good as our season has been, we've still got a fair way to go yet and need to be on top of our game again if we're to get anything here. 

Utd have had a wee break and may just be a bit rusty, I know we were when we had a couple of postponed games and hadn't played for 10 days or so, or they could have used that time off to get their shit together and be right up for this, either way we'll need to be over our great result against St Mirren and fully focussed on this game. I'd take a draw to keep ourselves 3 points above Utd, but no reason we can't take all 3 points and go 6 points clear of them, lets keep the good times going.:bounce2

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a Buddy, I guess the best outcome for us will be a United win to keep the gaping chasm between us and the lesser clubs to 11, yes 11, points. Second prize, because that's what you guys are playing for, is a draw.

Wind-ups aside, this should be a cracker of a game with everything to play for and I suspect Livi will get 3 points on the back of their humping of us at the weekend as they have been on a good run of form, unlike their visitors.

I really don’t see us winning this.  There is nothing in our last few performances that suggests we either have the quality or determination.

Our only chance will be the correct formation (4-2-2), the right personnel, the players being at the top of their game, and an attitudinal change that I’m not convinced will be present.

We should play McMullan beside Mikkelsen up top with King, Smith, Gillespie and Stanton in midfield.  Sadly we have few options behind them and have to hope we have a proper centre half to partner Durnan and that Robson and Murdoch are not totally rotten.

Also give Mehmet a chance in goal.

ETA I’d actually prefer McDonald and McMullan up front but that would mean keeping the ballon the deck and relying on teal footballing skills.

I really don’t see us winning this.  There is nothing in our last few performances that suggests we either have the quality or determination.
Our only chance will be the correct formation (4-2-2), the right personnel, the players being at the top of their game, and an attitudinal change that I’m not convinced will be present.
We should play McMullan beside Mikkelsen up top with King, Smith, Gillespie and Stanton in midfield.  Sadly we have few options behind them and have to hope we have a proper centre half to partner Durnan and that Robson and Murdoch are not totally rotten.
Also give Mehmet a chance in goal.
ETA I’d actually prefer McDonald and McMullan up front but that would mean keeping the ballon the deck and relying on teal footballing skills.

You gonna try and beat us with 8 players on the park?
Suits me.

1 hour ago, LogieLivi said:

You gonna try and beat us with 8 players on the park?
Suits me.

:lol:

It will be tough enough with 11.

I fairness you should have said 9 because no one ever includes the goalie when talking about formations on this manner.

Mehmet

Murdoch

Durnan

Scobbie/Quinn/Edge (apparently one will be fit)

Robson

McMullan

Stanton

Gillespie

King

McDonald

Mikkelsen

Csaba will undoubtedly play Flood or Lyng in there somewhere and he will probably not drop Lewis.

Is Thompson banned for another game still or is it a one match ban?

Not sure Robinson should be dropped even if he is ok to play again though, he's knocked in a few goals and has plenty of energy in midfield. Prob just go with the same starting 11 again, we've a settled team just now and are on a decent run, I think it has helped us having Miller and Hardie starting our last 4 games too, they're looking better in every game.

After the fairly surprising, thumping win on Saturday, this has suddenly become our biggest game of the season. After seeing both sides at Tannadice before Christmas, there was no way I’d have backed us to be second in the table now, above the Arabs. If we can put in a similar shift like at the weekend we are more than capable of getting something from Friday.

I genuinely can’t remember the last time we won on a Friday, so I’m bricking it, naturally.

Livi have really impressed me this season and they seem to be getting better.  Can't see anything other than a Livi win. 

We also need to see how Utd respond to their recent poor form. If they win their games in hand and beat St Mirren in the other Friday game they would still be in it. 

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

Mehmet

Murdoch

Durnan

Scobbie/Quinn/Edge (apparently one will be fit)

Robson

McMullan

Stanton

Gillespie

King

McDonald

Mikkelsen

Csaba will undoubtedly play Flood or Lyng in there somewhere and he will probably not drop Lewis.

I think McDonald has given up.  But if Csaba starts with this lineup hopefully McDonald can prove me wrong.

33 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I think McDonald has given up.  But if Csaba starts with this lineup hopefully McDonald can prove me wrong.

1 minute ago, Twinkle said:

Mcdonald was told he was free to find another club in the January transfer window however has opted to stay...

I know that there is a general consensus that McDonald has given up and that he has maybe had a bit of a fall out with the management. I'd give him the game on Friday to prove us wrong and hope that his professional instinct kicks in for the remainder of the season. I hate him but he is probably still in the 'potential match winner' cliche category.

Big game this one, probably bigger for Utd as we again go into this with no pressure at all.

Saturday past was a superb performance and we’ll go some to emulate it but if we do we have every chance of winning this one.

I’d be a bit cautious predicting anything because I don’t know what Utd side will turn up, the one at tannadice that could’ve scored at will or the one at Almondvale earlier in the season that looked a bit toothless. 

Having said that we where a bit short of numbers in the last game and it really showed, our January signings have without a doubt improved our options.

Don’t really see how we can change the line up from the weekend though, Robinson was terrific despite my fears that it wouldn’t work, Hardie and Miller continue to work brilliantly with each other and our defence has been tremendous up to now.

Looking forward to this one, would absolutely be happy with a draw but a win isn’t out the question if we perform to our best. 

Archived