Hamilton VS Partick ~D Day~

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

Get it up you Thistle. Accies are staying to annoy the f**k out of the rest of the Scottish football.

Why would it be annoying?  Though someone has been incredibly stupid this season with allowing money to have been stolen from the club, I always thought they have been well run, an excellent youth set up and generally their teams have had fight among them. Probably deserve to have a bigger support- no doubt too many others in Hamilton go to watch the old firm 

1 hour ago, Sting777 said:

One thing you can say about Canning is that he has installed a fighting spirit in his side, something  that is sadly lacking in our side. Have never understood the hatred towards him from the Accies fans. He probably has the smallest budget in the league, yet against all the odds he has always kept them up. Still plenty football to be played this season but another defeat next week will almost certainly see us back in the Championship automatically!

Cannings biggest problem is that he's not Alex Neil.  That was always going to be a tough act to follow.  Though waiting 13 games for his first win as manager didn't exactly imbue us with a feeling of confidence.  But results are King, and it has to be said that Canning has done the business and kept Accies in the top league when few of us thought they would do it.  He he keeps us up this season too, he's an Accies legend in the making.

1 minute ago, third lanark said:

Why would it be annoying?  Though someone has been incredibly stupid this season with allowing money to have been stolen from the club, I always thought they have been well run, an excellent youth set up and generally their teams have had fight among them. Probably deserve to have a bigger support- no doubt too many others in Hamilton go to watch the old firm 

It annoys the bulk of fans who insist we bring nothing to the table, we annoy 99% of press, radio & tv pundits who perennially tip us to be relegated, their opinions are used season upon season as a motivational tool and it gives me great pleasure seeing their bewildered faces when we secure our safety.

There's a long way to go yet but to throw away points against rivals in the manner that we have in the last week is very concerning. 

I really can't comprehend why Barton didn't feature given we played three at the back. Devine is an utter bombscare who is only neutralised by Barton's presence.

Spittal was a total passenger in the set up and was fortunate to stay on the pitch as long as he did - a fairweather player, if ever I saw one, and the type that caused United's demise.

To lose the goal that we did, having been largely dominant for most of the second half, was utterly predictable and total relegation fodder. As was failing to hold onto the lead for more than a minute, failing to defend a routine corner.

On the positive side, I didn't think Hamilton dealt at all well with Storey, and we really should have taken one of the numerous chances that he created from running in behind.

I'd be interested to see the offside call for Dools' disallowed goal; obviously difficult to see from the other end of the park but I thought he made his run from deep and had an Accies player goalside.

There's still a lot of football to be played (or whatever that was today), and I don't expect Accies to beat many teams on that form.

Sadly neither will we.

Great result, wasn't a great game to watch, both teams guilty of basic school boy errors. Despite the tightness of the match, I never thought thistle were going to score, the only time I felt they would was after our second, which they nearly did, actually thought  it went in and woods was just batting at it, extreme relief to see it come out, save of the season.

Mcmann is a complete liability, and I'm at that stage now where I want us to get rid, same with Sarris. Want I thought did well during his time, not long enough to make a judgement, but hopefully he proves me right. Jenkins looked an improvement for Gogic and and same with VDW for Sarris. Imrie had a really poor game and it was obvious others around me thought so. Ogkmpoe can win a header but that's about it, not hopeful for him.

There was some good performances, thought Ferguson was really good, buzzing about causing problems, had some nice touches and drive, keeps it up and will be a nice replacement for Docherty. Rojano played well for me, good work rate and would usually find a good pass, had to really work hard with what Ogkmpoe was giving him. Pleased to see Woods, squash any little doubt that he is a stand up keeper, with a 2 point save.

Defence still needs work, but at least we've shown we can be less shite than other teams, which just be enough to scrape by.

2 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Posts on here as accies1874, he’s hard work.

ETA I thought Osmon was diabolical for you guys, just ran around commuting fouls.

He was a seething mess. Even his mates were embarrassed for him.

Osman has been horrible pretty much all season. I’ll be glad to see the back of the charlatan.

3 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Some Thistle fans clearly forgotten what it's like to be swirling around in the lower leagues and are crying about a relegation battle in the top tier.

Partick Thistle are massive. Scottish football simply couldn’t survive without our global appeal. 

#sinkusandwellsinkyou

Good result although neither team deserved to win. Neither team looked comfortable defensively at all.

I feel sorry for Tomas he’s our only defender who looks like he has half a clue what he’s doing and he gets lumbered next to shite like McMann and Sarris every week. Imrie and Lyon very poor at wing backs as well.

Jenkins did well when he came on Ferguson and Temps were good, Rojano put in a power of work and took his goal well.

What a save from Woods at the end though, makes his first mistake of the season last week then totally redeemed himself with that today could be the difference between finishing 10th & bottom 2.

Happy birthday Rodge!

Wish I was there to witness the scenes! Rest assured I celebrated in style (at a top secret location) when the Twitter goals come in!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassassaassssssssssaassssssssssssssssssss!

That is all.

Ps love you Davie Temps, ya wee ride.

7 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Partick Thistle are massive. Scottish football simply couldn’t survive without our global appeal. 

#sinkusandwellsinkyou

Yeah got that impression when the thistle fans started chanting greatest team the world has ever seen :lol:

That was not a pretty game by any means but by God that last minute goal made it all worthwhile. Absolute scenes.

Honourable mention to Gary Woods for THAT save at the end, was convinced we had fucked it but somehow he kept it out

7 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

United to pump Patrick in the playoffs again.

Like a Coyled spring. Pleasing :thumsup2

Neither of us will be in the playoffs. We’re going down automatically and you’ll finish 6th or something in the diddy league.

The ref was properly awful, any time a player from either side went down it was a free kick. Not anything to do with us losing, that's just Thistle being Thistle.

Osman is  done, we've been waiting most of the season for him to come back and he's not got the yard of pace to get to second balls any more. Much as I hate Dundee United,  they were correct about Spittal, a more pea hearted footballer you will never see, mental he lasted beyond half time, if Archie was ruthless he'd have subbed him 20 minutes in.

I think I'd just take 12th and relegation over losing to fucking inbreds like Morton or Dunfermline over 2 legs, which we undoubtedly would.

Archived