Hamilton VS Partick ~D Day~

24 minutes ago, GrahamJags said:

Worst day ever, and there’s still a few hours left. Train to Hamilton West was cancelled, leaving me in a rush to get in the ground. Lost £20 somewhere between Central Station and the food stall at NDP. Witnessed the most turgid game of “football” I’ve seen in a while. Thistle concede another last minute goal. One goal does my coupon. I’m on suicide watch until midnight.

We were fucking abysmal today. Accies not much better. Team selection was baffling as well. No idea how Devine gets in the team at all/over Barton when we play a back three. Can’t think of anyone who gets pass mark, apart from Erskine when he came on (20 minutes + later than he should have), and maybe Edwards at a push.

Assuming Sammon picked up an injury, otherwise there is no way he should’ve been brought off, although with Archie, you never know. Spittal was a passenger all game, and it was obvious to everyone that he needed brought off, but Archie waited and waited, watching him shite out of tackles and losing possession until there’s 15 minutes to go.

Same mistakes every week. Time for Archie to go.

Spittal has been crap but he is still second top goal scorer and something like joint top assist maker - which begs the question how bad have the others been - bar Sammon I’m struggling to think of anyone who has been a standout - the whole team is riddled with bottlemerchants

even guys like cerny and erskine I have no faith in

and our defence just seems filled with nice guys no fighters - known, Devine, Cargil, booth even 

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two poor teams. A draw would probably been a fair result but hey ho. 3 points is all that matters for us tonight. I think I'm Rodger should put his Pie and Bovril future on the line for every game until the end of season. It's the only way to guarantee our safety.

Just now, jagfox99 said:

Fitness wasn't an issue today. Mental fortitude perhaps?

Anyway we're deep in the shite now but I've put that insufferable çunt @happyaccie on ignore so the day isn't a total loss...

Don't agree. Don't think there is another club in the UK that loses as many games as we do in the last 5/10 minutes. To me it's a fitness problem. Dundee had a midweek game before they came to Firhill last week, while we had a free week. They ran all over us in the second half when we were one up. It's happened countless times over the last 3/4 seasons. Totally unacceptable that it's still happening

I'd have more faith in Canning to dig us out of it than Archie. Canning for all his dodgy signings, man management and the bizarre running of Accies, he always has a team that are willing to fight and scrap, and don't wilt in the face of pressure. His team is actually everything that Archie's isn't, in a mental sense.

One thing you can say about Canning is that he has installed a fighting spirit in his side, something  that is sadly lacking in our side. Have never understood the hatred towards him from the Accies fans. He probably has the smallest budget in the league, yet against all the odds he has always kept them up. Still plenty football to be played this season but another defeat next week will almost certainly see us back in the Championship automatically!

Archibald should go regardless of whether we stay up or not - which I think would only be via a play-off now (we’d shit it at Tannadice of course, under Archibald, if we had to play there).

Unfortunately, a large number of fans would still think he was the greatest Thistle manager of all time with the greatest squad even if he booted them in the face. Which I find difficult to understand. Although we always have the old favourite “who would we bring in?” excuse.

25 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Don't agree. Don't think there is another club in the UK that loses as many games as we do in the last 5/10 minutes. To me it's a fitness problem. Dundee had a midweek game before they came to Firhill last week, while we had a free week. They ran all over us in the second half when we were one up. It's happened countless times over the last 3/4 seasons. Totally unacceptable that it's still happening

We're talking about today's calamity, not last week's :lol:

27 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Spittal has been crap but he is still second top goal scorer and something like joint top assist maker - which begs the question how bad have the others been - bar Sammon I’m struggling to think of anyone who has been a standout - the whole team is riddled with bottlemerchants

even guys like cerny and erskine I have no faith in

and our defence just seems filled with nice guys no fighters - known, Devine, Cargil, booth even 

Totally bemused as to why Barton was overlooked today if he was playing three at the back. He has never been less than excellent in most of the games he has played there. Fuels the speculation that he doesn't want to be here next season and has fallen out with Archie. Think your criticism of Cerny is over the top. Yip, he hasn't been as good as the last two seasons but I put that down to the poor defensive displays in front of him. As for Booth, I thought he was our best player today and he has played well since he came back from the injury.

Barton has had a brainfart  each game since coming back into the side. Was Devine at fault today? I genuinely don't know. Keown who was okay today fucked about and gave away the thrown that led to the move and subsequent winning game.

2 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

We're talking about today's calamity, not last week's :lol:

We play at a pedestrian pace, so I am bemused as to why we are not full of running at the end of a game. There appears to be a fitness problem at the club, we lose more goals in the last 10 minutes than any other club in Scotland   and we have more long term injuries than any other club in Scotland. Time to look seriously at the fitness guru's at the club. 

1 minute ago, Sting777 said:

We play at a pedestrian pace, so I am bemused as to why we are not full of running at the end of a game. There appears to be a fitness problem at the club, we lose more goals in the last 10 minutes than any other club in Scotland   and we have more long term injuries than any other club in Scotland. Time to look seriously at the fitness guru's at the club. 

We had plenty of running today. I still don't know how we lost that goal but it wasn't down to fitness.

3 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Barton has had a brainfart  each game since coming back into the side. Was Devine at fault today? I genuinely don't know. Keown who was okay today fucked about and gave away the thrown that led to the move and subsequent winning game.

Barton has has several brainfarts  when playing in midfield but I don't remember too many when he plays in central defence which is clearly his best position.

12 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Barton has has several brainfarts  when playing in midfield but I don't remember too many when he plays in central defence which is clearly his best position.

Against QoS and St Johnstone.

Just now, jagfox99 said:

Against QoS and St Johnstone.

and Keown, Devine, Turnball and Cargill have had error free seasons?  Barton, for all his faults is the best central defender at the club and shouldn't have been left out if we were playing 3 central defenders!

6 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

and Keown, Devine, Turnball and Cargill have had error free seasons?  Barton, for all his faults is the best central defender at the club and shouldn't have been left out if we were playing 3 central defenders!

That's not the point of the discussion.

Archived