The 2018 Challenge cup final.

microdave

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Why does this bother you so much?  Both sets of fans are happy with the venue, date and time.

How much do clubs actually make for hosting these games?  Do you expect that St Johnstone are raking in millions from hosting the Challenge Cup?

I don't really get the impression that the issue is particularly bothering him tbf. 

Your second point is a valid one, I asked someone at the club about EEP being used for neutral games (Rugby, youth Internationals etc) and I was told for the challenge cup final it isn't that lucrative really, I got the impression that they'd rather not have the pitch used. 

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don’t think East End Park does have better hospitality. Unless of course it was them and not Man City who best is to the best football hospitality award this year?

22 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I don't really get the impression that the issue is particularly bothering him tbf. 

Your second point is a valid one, I asked someone at the club about EEP being used for neutral games (Rugby, youth Internationals etc) and I was told for the challenge cup final it isn't that lucrative really, I got the impression that they'd rather not have the pitch used. 

You don't? He's made two posts with lists of grounds which he thinks are better suited and seems to be moaning that the wealth isn't shared around. If he's not bothered by it then it's a weird thing to come on and moan about when both sets of fans involved in the final are quite happy with the venue.

Confirmation of prices on our OS:

PRICING

 £15 Adult
 £10 Concession (over 65s & students)
 £5 Concession (juveniles aged 13-16)
 Under 12s - free of charge

Reasonable.  How many does the Main Stand at McDairmid hold? 

Just now, Radford said:

A little over 3,200 I believe.

Cheers. Looks like 1,600 for each club in the Main Stand with over spill behind the goal then. I'm confident we'll fill our Main Stand allocation and hopeful of getting another 1,000 behind the goal.

11 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Posting a differing opinion is moaning or complaining, nor does it show that someone is 'raging'.

I thought better of you Moonster as I thought you were above such shite chat.

:lol:

Gies peace, I never said he was raging. He's quite clearly complaining that McDairmid gets too many finals though, something that nobody else gives two fucks about.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Cheers. Looks like 1,600 for each club in the Main Stand with over spill behind the goal then. I'm confident we'll fill our Main Stand allocation and hopeful of getting another 1,000 behind the goal.

:lol:

Gies peace, I never said he was raging. He's quite clearly complaining that McDairmid gets too many finals though, something that nobody else gives two fucks about.

Annoying that the over spill goes behind the goal rather than over to the East Stand.

16 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

There won't be that many available in the Main Stand when you account for hospitality and sponsors etc... I doubt any of the padded executive seats will be sold to fans at the prices listed, although the clubs could have hospitality packages to sell. Don't have an exact number but probably about 700 of them. More likely both clubs will get a yellow and red block and the outside blue ones, with the middle used for segregation. The Main Stand certainly won't be big enough on its own.

mcdarmid_park03.thumb.jpg.fff709f54a3c4876f9ee2fb21472267c.jpg

Where is the TV camera positioned? From memory it is also in the Main Stand.

If so it is going to look terrible on TV with everyone seeing an empty stand. Would much rather have split the stand opposite and only have directors and hospitality in the Main Stand.

19 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Where is the TV camera positioned? From memory it is also in the Main Stand.

If so it is going to look terrible on TV with everyone seeing an empty stand. Would much rather have split the stand opposite and only have directors and hospitality in the Main Stand.

For the Livingston vs Alloa game, they just put the camera in the empty East Stand and the filming angle was actually pretty good. They might just decide to put one team in Main Stand and one in East Stand though I suppose but for TV, obviously it would look better with a full Main Stand and behind the goals busy.

7 minutes ago, Radford said:

For the Livingston vs Alloa game, they just put the camera in the empty East Stand and the filming angle was actually pretty good. They might just decide to put one team in Main Stand and one in East Stand though I suppose but for TV, obviously it would look better with a full Main Stand and behind the goals busy.

Our OS confirms the Main Stand will be split and then behind the goals used, so I expect they'll stick the camera on the unused East stand.

57 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

As sad as it may be, I'm quite looking forward to having a Cup Final ticket with Dumbarton's name on it.  We might not do it again.

Every alternative century so there's a fair chance you might not see another one

18 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Pleased with that pricing, the SPFL for once have got this right it looks like.

I'm told the SPFL wanted £20/£15 and were swiftly told no chance.  U12s going free is an excellent shout, if Dumbarton play this right we could get teams of local kids attached to the club.

8 hours ago, Radford said:

7 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Our OS confirms the Main Stand will be split and then behind the goals used, so I expect they'll stick the camera on the unused East stand.

I think it's strange the way they would keep a stand along the side of the pitch empty, and use behind the goals instead.  Surely along the side is the better view, and you could accommodate the whole crowd that way, a Stand each with overspill behind the goals.There's already a perfectly good camera platform in place in the Main Stand.

Is this decision made by the footballing hierarchy just so it looks better on tv, surely those at the game are more important?!

Maybe I'm wrong and some supporters prefer sitting behind the goal...

Should also have a pay at the gate option for walk-ups.

Maybe I'm wrong and some supporters prefer sitting behind the goal...
Should also have a pay at the gate option for walk-ups.

Some do yes, it isn't my preference but given thousands around the country buy tickets for behind the goal when they have the choice of both its not exactly unusual

Archived