The 2018 Challenge cup final.

microdave

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, son hawk said:

Is it the clubs who set the prices for this game?
What pricing been like for Inverness fans so far in the cup?
I don’t think we’ve paid more than a tenner for an adult at any of our games and if it’s the same for the final that’s sure to boost the attendance even more so.

The clubs have no direct input on the pricing for the game though they may be consulted by the League.

15 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

They've been sensible with the venue, time and date. Sets them up nicely to announce stupid £20/£15 ticket prices.

£15 or £14 Adults (depending on whether side stand or behind the goals) and £5 all concessions when we were last in the final against Partick Thistle in 2013. Doubt it will be any more than that.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

£15 or £14 Adults (depending on whether side stand or behind the goals) and £5 all concessions when we were last in the final against Partick Thistle in 2013. Doubt it will be any more than that.

That would be acceptable. 

The suits absolutely love McDiarmid, I know it's a really easy choice as soon as a highland side is involved but unless something has massively improved since our last visit(it's been a while) I don't see what it has over the multitude of similar grounds.

Given ground rental is essentially free money(all match day expenses are deducted before the share is handed out, any damage would be payed for by the club at fault, additional maintenance costs for holding 1 game will be minimal) should this game not be moved around just a little?

27 finals

10 x McDiarmid

5 x fir park

4 x broadwood

2 x almondvale

2 x excelsior

1 x love street

1 x dens

2 games that are outliers due to significantly higher attendance

1 x hampden

1 x Easter road

Outside of those 2 games the average crowd is 6675. There is alot more grounds suitable for this match. Use them.

You'll get BBC Alba online I'm sure. Depending on the kick off time you could be up at silly o'clock watching it though.
I see Cyprus have a game on the 23rd of March, let's pray to the Greek God of Football that Oor Jimmy doesn't get called up.

I had a feeling all BBC content was only available in UK and Ireland [emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]

3 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Does the Saturday afternoon ban on live football on TV not apply because the commentary will be in Gaelic?

It doesn’t apply because it’s an international weekend. 

Or rather, in the SFA’s application to UEFA, they listed any Saturday without Premiership or Scottish Cup games as exceptions. 

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-uefa/news/newsid=19817.html#/

11 hours ago, parsforlife said:

The suits absolutely love McDiarmid, I know it's a really easy choice as soon as a highland side is involved but unless something has massively improved since our last visit(it's been a while) I don't see what it has over the multitude of similar grounds.

Given ground rental is essentially free money(all match day expenses are deducted before the share is handed out, any damage would be payed for by the club at fault, additional maintenance costs for holding 1 game will be minimal) should this game not be moved around just a little?

27 finals

10 x McDiarmid

5 x fir park

4 x broadwood

2 x almondvale

2 x excelsior

1 x love street

1 x dens

2 games that are outliers due to significantly higher attendance

1 x hampden

1 x Easter road

Outside of those 2 games the average crowd is 6675. There is alot more grounds suitable for this match. Use them.

Where would you suggest?

Archived