• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Rugsters got them on strings here :lol:
All about the navy blue x

Aye ok chief.

All about the navy blue?? My arse!

Your team is one step down from insignificant.

Now off ya pop and get back to wiping up rugsters tears and snotters!

Shameless plug time. I was asked to write a wee feature on the Cup final experience, I was full of hope that it would be one of the most enjoyable things I've ever written.

In reality I went upstairs when I got in. Sat for an hour or so in silence, wrote it, and then fell asleep on my sofa. Not quite the cup final evening I had in mind. You can give it a read here.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/unlucky-sons-dumbartons-big-day-12255048#ICID=sharebar_twitter

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Shameless plug time. I was asked to write a wee feature on the Cup final experience, I was full of hope that it would be one of the most enjoyable things I've ever written.

In reality I went upstairs when I got in. Sat for an hour or so in silence, wrote it, and then fell asleep on my sofa. Not quite the cup final evening I had in mind. You can give it a read here.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/unlucky-sons-dumbartons-big-day-12255048#ICID=sharebar_twitter

No a bad read, apart from "controversial penalty"?

1 minute ago, micaley68 said:

No a bad read, apart from "controversial penalty"?

Cheers :) 

As I said I wrote that on Saturday night and, certainly at the time, nobody behind the goal really knew why it was given. I can't bring myself to watch it back (aye, seriously) but I reckon that the fact Dallas didn't give Boomer his second booking for conceding it means he wasn't 100% sold on it. Chances are you'll have had a considerably better view than me of it though - I was right up the back of the Ormond Stand, so about as far away as you could get!

18 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

As I said I wrote that on Saturday night and, certainly at the time, nobody behind the goal really knew why it was given. I can't bring myself to watch it back (aye, seriously) but I reckon that the fact Dallas didn't give Boomer his second booking for conceding it means he wasn't 100% sold on it. Chances are you'll have had a considerably better view than me of it though - I was right up the back of the Ormond Stand, so about as far away as you could get!

No worries mate, can only imagine how you are feeling about the way the game ended. A real sickener. 

Let's just say your man Boomers save was almost as good as your goalies. 

As I mentioned earlier in the thread your team/club/fans did your whole town proud and did not deserve the ending they got. Hopefully a few who went to the game for either the first time or the first time in ages are now seriously considering coming back. 

If any club knows how difficult it is to attract more fans then it's us. 

You and yours still have an awful lot to be proud of. 

55 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I watched it back and there’s an element of McLaughlin handling it accidentally as he twists to attempt a header. But the ref can only give it if he thinks it’s deliberate, and he did, so it’s a card.

3 other things I noticed.

The Sons penalty claim. It looks like Barr was pushing Oakley over first and as he went over he dragged Barr to the ground. So - correct decision.

Barr knocking Bell to the ground before half time. We never claimed at the time as it looked fairly innocuous and was at the far end, but it looks a clear push on the playback. Ref was on the blind side though.

McLaughlin going down after Oakley apparently kicks him on the knee. There’s clearly no contact, just looks like McLaughlin was anticipating a sair yin but decided to stay down anyway. Probably learned that at County :lol:

Did any one see the fights between ICT and Dumbarton fans at the pie stand at half time? Apparently fists were flying and some fans have complained about it prompting the club to release a statement about the incident. Given that most of the young fans were in the stand behind the goals does that mean that some of the sweetie rustlers getting into scraps on Saturday?

38 minutes ago, RiG said:

Did any one see the fights between ICT and Dumbarton fans at the pie stand at half time? Apparently fists were flying and some fans have complained about it prompting the club to release a statement about the incident. Given that most of the young fans were in the stand behind the goals does that mean that some of the sweetie rustlers getting into scraps on Saturday?

Everyone associated with ICTFC was delighted that we won the IRN-BRU Challenge Cup at McDiarmid Park last Saturday.  Unfortunately, there was a small group of our supporters who disgraced the Club by behaving in a threatening and disrespectful manner.   Additionally, I have received complaints from other supporters of the Club who  have expressed their dismay at the abusive behaviour of some of our supporters.     Nothing is more despicable than expecting respect based on fear.  By any measure, this kind of shameful conduct by supporters of ICTFC is not acceptable and will not be tolerated. 

All ICTFC matchday programmes include a half-page article entitled, “Unacceptable Conduct at Tulloch Caledonian Stadium and Away Matches”.  This article sets out the Club’s policy and a copy is included here for reference.  

ICTFC will not tolerate unacceptable conduct at Tulloch Caledonian Stadium or away football stadia.  Unacceptable conduct is conduct which is deemed violent or disorderly.  Violent Conduct includes any actual, attempted or threatened physical violence against any person or intentional damage to property.

Disorderly Conduct includes conduct which stirs up or sustains or is likely or is designed to stir up or sustain hatred or ill will towards individuals or groups based on their membership of the following categories:

Gender, colour, race, nationality (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origin.

Membership or presumed membership of a religious group or of a social or cultural group with perceived religious affiliation.

Sexual orientation.

Transgender identity.

Disability.

Or against an individual who is or is presumed to be a member of such a group.

Using threatening, abusive or insulting words or conduct.

Displaying or writing anything which is threatening, abusive or insulting.

Using words or conduct or displaying any writing or other thing which indicated support for, or affiliation to, or celebration of, or opposition to an organisation or group proscribed in terms of the Terrorism Act 2000.

All persons who enter Tulloch Caledonian Stadium on a matchday are subject to these rules, including all employees and volunteers of ICTFC whilst discharging their duties for the Club.  Any person who engages in Unacceptable Conduct will be liable for sanctions imposed by the Club which may involve possible criminal proceedings, ejection from the Stadium, withdrawal of a season ticket and/or exclusion from future matches involving the Club.

I can confirm that the Club is finalising a joint review of what happened and identifying those who were involved, and that we will take decisive action with the objective of stamping out this form of unacceptable behaviour at both home and away matches.  

- Graham Rae

I was in the main stand and went for a pish at half time and never saw a thing.

All our young guns were behind the goal as well, not that I'd expect them to run around fighting with folk anyway.

Archived