The 2018 Challenge cup final.

microdave

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've written a wee pre-match preview ahead of tomorrow's final, which includes an interview with Sons captain Andy Dowie. 

You can read / listen to it on my website, here.

I think tomorrow will be a really good match. On current form, it is hard to pick a winner. Neither team has had an overly great 2018 but with two wins a row behind them, albeit against Brechin, Dumbarton will be going into the match with a little bit of momentum and confidence. 

Inverness can play well but Robertson has continually criticised their lack of a clinical edge in front of goal and that could be costly tomorrow if they don't take their chances. 

Whoever wins can really set rhemselves up for the run-in in the Championship so tomorrow is pivotal for both teams in so many ways. 

If I had to make a prediction, I'd say 1-1 with the game going to penalties...

Good luck to both teams; I hope both sets of fans have an enjoyable day and watch an entertaining game! :thumsup2

I regularly wake up about half 4. I was hoping that wouldn’t happen this morning but here we are. Usually get up, put the tv on and sit and scratch my bawz for a couple of hours
Daughter’s having a sleepover so there are three 11 year olds sleeping in the living room, so my usual option is out if I don’t want to be in a cell at ko time

I have great memories of our 3 Challenge Cup finals, even if 2 of them ended in defeat. The 4-4 draw and penalty win over ICT in 1999 was one of the greatest days ever for Alloa. We made a mess of the final in 2015, alas, but the build up that day in Perth with hundreds of Alloa fans in a wee club near MacDiarmaid then heading to the game in the sun, it was a special occasion. 

I never bought into this 'diddy tournament' pish. The chance to win a senior cup is rare. Typical of the trend of talking down our game rather than building it up. The way Dumbarton have gone about this has been most impressive, making it the special event a national final should be. That should give the competition a massive boost. ICT are my local team and I always wish them well, but my loyalties for this one will be with our old part-time comrades. Have a great day everyone. 

Archived