The 2018 Challenge cup final.

microdave

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

It's normal for cup finals to have both teams on a scarf,  I've still got our League Cup and Scottish Cup finals two teams scarves.  

It's normal for jakeballs to sell this sort of guff outside the ground. Doesn't mean it's acceptable for a fan of either team to pay actual money for it and wear it though. 

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

As of 20 minutes ago we appear to have sold 1872 tickets. I'm very hopeful we'll break 2,000 before Saturday.

The lad got himself a free hospitality day @ DFC on purchasing the 'significantly numbered' brief.

1 minute ago, Silverton End said:

The lad got himself a free hospitality day @ DFC on purchasing the 'significantly numbered' brief.

Yip, good PR from the club. We've been excellent in the run up to this. Funny what happens when the Trust are left to their own devices...

22 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Yip, good PR from the club. We've been excellent in the run up to this. Funny what happens when the Trust are left to their own devices...

Yes, very positive all things DFC & Irn Bru Cup Final just now, let's hope the 11 on the pitch can give us something to shout about on Saturday.

It's been great to see.

I bought a half and half scarf recently...in my defence it was 2.50 from the charity shop and was half Saints half FC Luzern - a good souvenir for myself because it represents fond memories of going away to Switzerland in the glorious sunshine to see a 1-1 draw - and then knock them out on penalties in what remains the greatest night I’ve ever had at McDiarmid Park*. Please don’t judge me.

All that said though, half and half scarfs with fellow Scottish Clubs are vile and should never ever be worn.

*my greatest night at McDiarmid will be equalled if the Sons lift the cup.

In addition to that, what would one do if someone produced a half sons half Saints scarf? An ACTUAL St Johnsons scarf? I’d cave in.

Any interest in a st johnsons / dumbarton / hibernisons scarf?

Only £2.50 each and £10 p&p

Does anyone know of any events going on around the ground on Saturday? We're driving up and I'm trying to figure out when to arrive, if there's activities then I'll take the kids up early, if not then try and arrive closer to kick off.

10 hours ago, sonsanorak said:

Does anyone know of any events going on around the ground on Saturday? We're driving up and I'm trying to figure out when to arrive, if there's activities then I'll take the kids up early, if not then try and arrive closer to kick off.

It would be nice of the SPFL to let us know these types of things. They haven't even announced if there will be pay gate on the day despite ticket sales looking to be around the 4K mark. You might actually be better tweeting Irn Bru to see if they have anything planned.

2 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

image.png.014cffe2f41e7b06768e2b7a59598d6b.png

Take the empty bottle back, rather than 50p return, you get Colin Nish, Chris Johnston, Alan Kay*

*Insert own DFC dud of choice.

I'm not having that... Nish wasn't a dud. He was a bit of a diddy with how he left and stuff and was far from the best striker to play for sons, but he was not a dud.

4 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

image.png.014cffe2f41e7b06768e2b7a59598d6b.png

Take the empty bottle back, rather than 50p return, you get Colin Nish, Chris Johnston, Alan Kay*

*Insert own DFC dud of choice.

Alan Kay? The only ever present in our Premier Division season. That Alan Kay?

Archived