The 2018 Challenge cup final.

microdave

10 hours ago, PB1994 said:

If somehow the 3 stands currently on sale do sell out, I presume the East stand will become available? 

Just wondering as it was never mentioned when the ticket info was released

Presumably it will be looked at later in the week and a decision made as to whether a portion of the East stand is required to be available on the day.

I think the initial allocation wwas around 3,200 briefs for each club so it seems unlikely we'll need the space - albeit sales for both clubs were hovering around the 2,000 mark last I heard.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

I’m nursing a semi here at the thought of a sea of black and gold across half of McDiarmid Park. Will there be a pay at the gate on the day? I can imagine a good few Perth folks would rock up on the day if so. If there is a PATG I will sound the klaxon across Facebook.

I've been nursing a semi since Oswestry tbh :blink:

2 hours ago, Consolidate said:

Presumably it will be looked at later in the week and a decision made as to whether a portion of the East stand is required to be available on the day.

I think the initial allocation wwas around 3,200 briefs for each club so it seems unlikely we'll need the space - albeit sales for both clubs were hovering around the 2,000 mark last I heard.

Yeah, I am sure it will not be needed at all.

Going by our ticketing site there is 14 tickets left in the Main Stand and we have sold around 500 in the North Stand. This is an educated guess but 1,700 sold by us I would say.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

There are half and half scarves on sale on ebay. I kindly ask all Sons fans to administer a kick in the pie to any Sons fans wearing one. Completely unacceptable.

*boak*

We apparently have just four buses going from the official supporters club which is massively disappointing though I suspect most fans will be hopping on the train to get jaked for a couple of hours.

Meanwhile, ICT continues its sterling approach to promoting the game...

19994.thumb.jpg.176db1f86b787d20a2b2384b37e45c18.jpg

*boak*

We apparently have just four buses going from the official supporters club which is massively disappointing though I suspect most fans will be hopping on the train to get jaked for a couple of hours.

Meanwhile, ICT continues its sterling approach to promoting the game...

19994.thumb.jpg.176db1f86b787d20a2b2384b37e45c18.jpg
Incredible they can't even get the ko time correct

10 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Half and half scarfs, incorrect kick off times, ICT using pictures of kids in Celtic and Man United tops to promote the game...let’s just pretend the last few posts didn’t happen...

I'm glad someone else picked up on the kids in those hideous outfits. Photographer should have got them punted out of shot.

"Sorry son. EPL and OF supporters are not required. However, over here we are selling a fine range of apparel for all your ICT needs..."

55 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

As of 20 minutes ago we appear to have sold 1872 tickets. I'm very hopeful we'll break 2,000 before Saturday.

Can't be many clubs who take more than their stadium capacity to a game :lol:

2 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Apart from the OF, doesn't pretty much every cup finalist ever?

I've no idea. I couldn't tell you how many fans most clubs bring to finals to be honest, it just seemed weird that we potentially couldn't hold our support in Saturday in our entire stadium

I guess you're probably right in most cases. I'd imagine you lot brought far far more than 7900 to the big cup final in 2009.

1 minute ago, Boghead ranter said:

Typical journo, no fact checking whatsoever ;)

Sad !

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I'd say that would be the case for every Scottish Cup and League Cup finalist.

Maybe not every Challenge Cup, to be fair.

I mean I'm sure I could try and work out, but not even I'm that dull.

Spoiler

I've got a pain of a Uni presentation to do, otherwise I'd be right on it.

10 hours ago, The Moonster said:

There are half and half scarves on sale on ebay. I kindly ask all Sons fans to administer a kick in the pie to any Sons fans wearing one. Completely unacceptable.

It's normal for cup finals to have both teams on a scarf,  I've still got our League Cup and Scottish Cup finals two teams scarves.  

Archived