The 2018 Challenge cup final.

microdave

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

If we've sold 1400 then we must be selling tickets behind the goal now. Great stuff.

I'm in behind the goal. They seem to be selling around 500 a day and they're open all day today. Some effort from the trust to get all this promoted as much as possible 

As far as I can work out, going from the online ticket sales. Our part of the Main Stand is sold out apart from the bottom 5 rows in the Red Section.

Apparently there is a singing section (the blue part) behind the goals so I wouldn't be surprised if all of the younger lads have bought up tickets in there. Shaping up to be a great crowd from both sides which is excellent to see.

From all their posts the Dumbarton are understandably enthralled at the prospect of this final.

Personally I can't be arsed.

We've been here before a few times but for me right now it's more important to get to feck away from the play off zone., due to postponements our schedule is now loaded and we could do without this game right now, May would be better.

5 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

From all their posts the Dumbarton are understandably enthralled at the prospect of this final.

Personally I can't be arsed.

We've been here before a few times but for me right now it's more important to get to feck away from the play off zone., due to postponements our schedule is now loaded and we could do without this game right now, May would be better.

Or it could be seen as a way to take our minds off the league form, which has been shite recently, and if we win it will be a good lift to the club and players to push us away from the playoff place and into a safe mid table spot.

I know in recent years we have been spoilt rotten with Cup Semis/Finals recently but a club like us should never turn our noses up at winning silverware. It could be the last we see of it in a very long time.

Also it’s a great excuse for a day on the shot with your pals so I don’t by the can’t be arse attitude that a lot of our fans seem to have.

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

Or it could be seen as a way to take our minds off the league form, which has been shite recently, and if we win it will be a good lift to the club and players to push us away from the playoff place and into a safe mid table spot.

I know in recent years we have been spoilt rotten with Cup Semis/Finals recently but a club like us should never turn our noses up at winning silverware. It could be the last we see of it in a very long time.

Also it’s a great excuse for a day on the shot with your pals so I don’t by the can’t be arse attitude that a lot of our fans seem to have.

I hear what your saying, I'm an optimist but for the life of me I don't have a blue sky attitude towards whats happening with ICT  right now,  last season was a total feckin disaster where the blame lay directly with the board and  management, then we come to this season where there was so much delay in appointing a manager who then had to scramble for what players were still available before the deadline, that time lost has been injurious over the season and left us probably battling to stay in this league, that's why that in my opinion we could do without this game right now.

I fully understand the Dumbarton fans excitement towards this game but also given their similar position in the league I'm sure they would have preferred this final played in May.

Through thick and thin I will continue buying my season ticket.

45 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I hear what your saying, I'm an optimist but for the life of me I don't have a blue sky attitude towards whats happening with ICT  right now,  last season was a total feckin disaster where the blame lay directly with the board and  management, then we come to this season where there was so much delay in appointing a manager who then had to scramble for what players were still available before the deadline, that time lost has been injurious over the season and left us probably battling to stay in this league, that's why that in my opinion we could do without this game right now.

I fully understand the Dumbarton fans excitement towards this game but also given their similar position in the league I'm sure they would have preferred this final played in May.

Through thick and thin I will continue buying my season ticket. 

You’re right. We should all just sit at home next Saturday and not bother going to what could be the only positive thing to happen to our club in the last 2 years.

Our previous chairman/board did total screw the club up and it will probably take years to solve the mess they left us in but there is no point on keeping on moaning about it and looking back into the past.

Having it in May sounds like a disaster. Probably for the exact same reason you don’t think it should be played now. Imagine potentially having relegation play offs and a cup final at the same time? That would be a bigger distraction than having it now. 

6 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

You’re right. We should all just sit at home next Saturday and not bother going to what could be the only positive thing to happen to our club in the last 2 years.

Our previous chairman/board did total screw the club up and it will probably take years to solve the mess they left us in but there is no point on keeping on moaning about it and looking back into the past.

Having it in May sounds like a disaster. Probably for the exact same reason you don’t think it should be played now. Imagine potentially having relegation play offs and a cup final at the same time? That would be a bigger distraction than having it now. 

The past/last season has given us our present situation as there was no resolve at the beginning of this season.

Given all that's happened we who pay our money have every right to moan, we did not cause the demise and by not moaning and not being heard some would think that that all is rosy with our club.

You buy a car and two days later the wheels fall off, the garage supplies another car and the wheels fall of that one, moan????

Football is a product like any other, if you pay and are dissatisfied with a service....................................................................................................................

6 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

The past/last season has given us our present situation as there was no resolve at the beginning of this season.

Given all that's happened we who pay our money have every right to moan, we did not cause the demise and by not moaning and not being heard some would think that that all is rosy with our club.

You buy a car and two days later the wheels fall off, the garage supplies another car and the wheels fall of that one, moan????

Football is a product like any other, if you pay and are dissatisfied with a service....................................................................................................................

I never said it hadn't but that’s not a reason to not make the effort and go to a cup final.

You seem to bring up the fact you pay money to the club a lot, why is that? I do the same so I don’t see why it is relevant.

I never said people can’t moan about the club. I have been up there with the best of them in criticising how the club has been run recently and certainly don’t think everything is rosy. As if it was we would still be in the Premiership. But we are where we are and being in a Cup final is a positive thing. It’s not happy clapping. 

Yes I would moan about the car but I wouldn’t still be going on about it 10 months later.

A club of our size will always go in cycles and this is part of the shite part of this cycle. I have just accepted that fact.

Archived