The 2018 Challenge cup final.

microdave

It's gonna be a massive tambourine/karaoke system combo, innit?

Well if that’s what the people want? [emoji23]

Please see O’Kelly Isley III’s latest post on Sons Sorrow thread highlighting the picture behind the scenes at DFC. You can’t generate any colour or make a spectacle of the final if you have the square root of f**k all in working capital.

Please spare a little (money or time) and get behind the Sonstrust initiatives. Mon eh Sons.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/sonstrustfinalfund

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Thechicogibsonexperience said:

Well if that’s what the people want? emoji23.png

Please see O’Kelly Isley III’s latest post on Sons Sorrow thread highlighting the picture behind the scenes at DFC. You can’t generate any colour or make a spectacle of the final if you have the square root of f**k all in working capital.

Please spare a little (money or time) and get behind the Sonstrust initiatives. Mon eh Sons.

Nice. 

Great idea.

Come on Sons

1 hour ago, Thechicogibsonexperience said:

Well if that’s what the people want? emoji23.png

They were over half way to their target when I linked earlier, so I reckon they'll have an excess to create fun with.

12 hours ago, Robbiem1872 said:

Target of £1,500 / £1,000 already been pledged a card display for the rumoured 3,000 Dumbarton fans would cost £250 maximum what else is there to buy haha

preview.jpg

22 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/sonstrustfinalfund?utm_id=106&utm_term=XQgy8dxq9

After reading this I’ll definitely be switching allegiances to ICT.  Shame because the Dumbarton fans for the most part seem like decent c***s. I can’t support that though. 

After reading this I’ll definitely be switching allegiances to ICT.  Shame because the Dumbarton fans for the most part seem like decent c***s. I can’t support that though. 

How so? I can only see the positives. Attendance wise, We are going to bring far in excess of any numbers we get in home gates. Many will be U12s going free. What’s wrong with asking for a few quid to add a bit of colour so they remember the day. Hell, they might come back!

32 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

You can obviously support you wish Sir but may I ask why this initiative is upsetting you ?  If it's the principle of fans being asked to contribute then that's easily explained; we are remotely owned by businessmen who will turn up at Perth to record possibly their 11th appearance at a game in nine years.  They contribute the financial square-root of hee haw to the club, as their presence here is solely about moving us from our current location in order to turn a buck.  If there is to be any colourful spectacle around our presence on March 24th then we the supporters will need to finance and provide it - exactly because we ARE decent c****. 

Context is everything.

1 hour ago, Jimmy85 said:

Good.

I gladly accept your refusal to support us

I approve of karaoke. Hand me the tambourine and the mic and I will sing for my beloved Dumbarton bois. I would probably sing Beady Eye’s “Sons Of The Stage.” This song should be the unofficial anthem of Dumbartons cup final day because 1. Its a belter and 2. It’s completely relevant. I’m pretty sure I mooted the idea years ago on the ‘Sons Sorrow’ thread that Dumbarton should play it as the players come out for home games.

I can assure you I will play this once on every juke box I encounter on cup final day. It’s going to be glorious.

I approve of karaoke. Hand me the tambourine and the mic and I will sing for my beloved Dumbarton bois. I would probably sing Beady Eye’s “Sons Of The Stage.” This song should be the unofficial anthem of Dumbartons cup final day because 1. Its a belter and 2. It’s completely relevant. I’m pretty sure I mooted the idea years ago on the ‘Sons Sorrow’ thread that Dumbarton should play it as the players come out for home games.

I can assure you I will play this once on every juke box I encounter on cup final day. It’s going to be glorious.

Sounds ace, a real anthem.

Any other Sons tunes that could be played pre match?

KC and Sunshine Band - give it up
The Corries - Dumbarton’s Drums
Neil Grant - Down at the Rock
Midge Ure/DFC - The Sons we’re the Ones

18 minutes ago, Thechicogibsonexperience said:

Never understood why 'Here Comes The Sun' wasn't slightly altered and adopted as a high-tempo entrance anthem - much more upbeat than 'We Will Rock You'.

#BeatlesknockQueenintoacockedhat

White Stripes - Seven nation army
Kings of Leon - Sons(sex) on fire

Archived