The 2018 Challenge cup final.

microdave

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it the clubs who set the prices for this game?
What pricing been like for Inverness fans so far in the cup?
I don’t think we’ve paid more than a tenner for an adult at any of our games and if it’s the same for the final that’s sure to boost the attendance even more so.

21 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Either that or one of the Dundee grounds will get the nod I would reckon.

One of the Dundee grounds would mean sending both sets of fans another 20 miles along the same stretch of road, with both (more or less) having passed McDiarmid along the way. 

2 hours ago, son hawk said:

Is it the clubs who set the prices for this game?
What pricing been like for Inverness fans so far in the cup?
I don’t think we’ve paid more than a tenner for an adult at any of our games and if it’s the same for the final that’s sure to boost the attendance even more so.

Was £20 for adults on Sunday if you didn't buy in advance. Think it was £15 if you bought your ticket before the day of the game.

We had very sensible pricing for the Scottish Cup game against Dundee so I would think we would be happy to make it reasonably priced to try and get as many people down for it as possible.

I'd like to see sensible pricing:

Adults £12. Kids £6. Parent and child for £15 and a family of 4 for £25.

Get the pricing right. Get the atmosphere right with stuff for folk to do outside the ground - fanzone idea with food, drink and entertainment, including for the kids.

You'd get a decent crowd no problem. Create a proper atmosphere. Give it a sense of occasion.

Get it at East End. Each set of fans can have a stand behind each goal, with the Main Stand split in half as well. The camera gantry is in the North Stand (opposite to the Main Stand) so the ground will look pretty full on TV if both stands behind each goal are fairly full. There are plenty of corporate facilities for those wishing to do that as well (boxes in the Main Stand). Bridies will be on sale at the food kiosks too.

Supporters would be able to use the two bars at the ground as well. Plenty of parking behind the ground and a car park a short walk from the ground. It's a ground both teams have visited plenty of times in the past, including this season (and indeed last season), so the fans will know it well.

We're away that weekend so the ground will be free.

19 hours ago, aftershocker said:

Flights and accommodation already booked...nobody tell me the score so I can watch it "live" when I get home emoji34.pngemoji17.png

You'll get BBC Alba online I'm sure. Depending on the kick off time you could be up at silly o'clock watching it though.

I see Cyprus have a game on the 23rd of March, let's pray to the Greek God of Football that Oor Jimmy doesn't get called up.

10 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You'll get BBC Alba online I'm sure. Depending on the kick off time you could be up at silly o'clock watching it though.

I see Cyprus have a game on the 23rd of March, let's pray to the Greek God of Football that Oor Jimmy doesn't get called up.

From what I understand Cyprus are playing on the 22nd rather than the 23rd? But that might not make a big difference.

1 minute ago, Consolidate said:

From what I understand Cyprus are playing on the 22nd rather than the 23rd? But that might not make a big difference.

Google suggests they have a Friendly with Montenegro on the 23rd but the time is TBD. I'm hoping the fact it's a friendly will mean Jimmy stays here.

Get it at East End.

Another terrible suggestion. What you’re doing is asking fans of both clubs to travel further away, to a town inferior to Perth and that’s more awkward to get to - for the sake of...what? 2000 extra seats that won’t be required?

Think it’s safe to say we can launch woeful suggestions like East End Park and Forthbank in the bin.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Venue, date and time announced at 4pm I'm told. Prices TBC tomorrow.

Fully expecting Rugby Park, 16:05 kick off on a Sunday. Or even worse, Almondvale 19:35 Friday night kick off.

Announce McDiarmid 15:00 on a Saturday plz SPFL.

8 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Fully expecting Rugby Park, 16:05 kick off on a Sunday. Or even worse, Almondvale 19:35 Friday night kick off.

Announce McDiarmid 15:00 on a Saturday plz SPFL.

I don't have any inside knowledge on this really but I've been hearing the Saturday, McDairmid at 12:30 mooted a fair bit.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I don't have any inside knowledge on this really but I've been hearing the Saturday, McDairmid at 12:30 mooted a fair bit.

That sounds acceptable. I'd prefer three, but lunchtime is preferable to an evening kick off imo.

Archived