The 2018 Challenge cup final.

microdave

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Kieran said:

How can they not say now whether it's gonna be the Saturday or the Sunday? Surely not that much of a difficult decision to make.

Especially with it being an International weekend. There's much greater opportunity to avoid potential TV clashes with no EPL/SPFL televised games..

Especially with it being an International weekend. There's much greater opportunity to avoid potential TV clashes with no EPL/SPFL televised games..

Alright well my point was valid then... was thinking if it's a normal footballing weekend it would depend if St Johnstone (or whoever) was playing at home on the Saturday. If it's an international weekend anyway get it on the Saturday, can't be arsed with a Sunday final!

13 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Final should be at McDiarmid if there is any justice in the world. A theatre which has seen many a dramatic challenge cup final in the past. I will be there and I am going to buy a Dumbarton scarf. Yes lads YES.

Slut

31 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

It'll be on a Sunday at 16:05 or something stupid.

I might head along. C'mon Dumbarton.

Edit: What about East End Park for the final? Just had a look and not too much difference in distance compared to Perth.

From Dumbarton maybe.

What about Pittodrie, that's not much difference of a distance from Perth?

It'll be on a Sunday at 16:05 or something stupid.
I might head along. C'mon Dumbarton.
Edit: What about East End Park for the final? Just had a look and not too much difference in distance compared to Perth.

No. Dunfermline is a shit venue. Perth is the home of the Challenge Cup and St Johnstone football club I’m sure will be happy to play host for our friends in the North and our new #stjohnsons friends.

5 minutes ago, RiG said:

McDiarmid, Saturday 3pm kick off. Adults £10, everyone else £5 and get as big a crowd there as possible.

100% this. Neither team will have budgeted for this I wouldn't think (certainly not us), so it's bonus money. Give the fans a good deal and get more in to watch it. 

I'm sure I read somewhere that the final is played at a neutral ground but not a premiership club to keep the money in the sides that compete for the trophy. This means McDiarmid would be ruled out. Think the final was played at Easter road and Hampden when the rangers got there just to accommodate the number of fans. If the above is true then i would assume livingston/dunfermline/falkirk/dundee utd would be more viable options. Don't quote me on this but that's my understanding. Maybe @skyline drifter can shed some light.

Archived