Glaswegians

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Not sure whats more cringey... People arguing about/taking some sort of credit for the place they live, or people from several miles outwith Glasgow trying to get in on the act.

Quick check of google maps would indicate I can drive into the centre of Glasgow from Larbert faster than someone from Greenock can.

Seems to me like living in a leafy suburb close to the Glasgow/Edinburgh rail line and about 2 minutes drive away from the motorways East and West is about right, since I have easy routes to anywhere I need and more importantly, dont have to stay there.

Congratulations Larbert/Stenhousemuir dwellers of P&B. Winners. (Polmont dwellers may also take a bow)

I used to work with a guy who moved to larbert. He was a sound guy, it was his wife who was one of those bumpkin weirdos that have to live within a two mile radius of where she grew up. He hated living there so they broke up.

16 minutes ago, GAD said:

I used to work with a guy who moved to larbert. He was a sound guy, it was his wife who was one of those bumpkin weirdos that have to live within a two mile radius of where she grew up. He hated living there so they broke up.

Did he move back to within a two miles radius of when he grew up?

Can't believe there's a 13 pager since Sunday about Glaswegians, what a place. 

From Glasgow, but stay in Edinburgh most of the week. I've had more people try and cause trouble in Edinburgh than in Glasgow, but i'm fairly certain none of them were local. Glasgow isn't anywhere near as violent as it used to be now. Defo still easy to get yer head kicked in if you go looking, but generally fine.

I think it's an age thing. If you are under 40 and in good health and you do not think Glasgow is clearly far superior to every other City in Scotland, you probably have some kind of mental deficiency.

Edinburgh is a very pretty place to walk about in for a day or two but there nothing like as much going on when you get past the superficial aspects. Dundee I struggle to remember much about, only ever been for the football and to gigs and generally been absolutely bladdered before, during and after. I don't mind Aberdeen, but the stereotype of everything being fucking grey is too true. Inverness is no bad but just a bit small.

Also, the majority of "Working class Glaswegians" these days seem to confuse being an overgrown ned with being working class. Two very different things.

FWIW, I come from Clydebank, ergo I am not a f*cking weegie.

39 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I think it's an age thing. If you are under 40 and in good health and you do not think Glasgow is clearly far superior to every other City in Scotland, you probably have some kind of mental deficiency.

Edinburgh is a very pretty place to walk about in for a day or two but there nothing like as much going on when you get past the superficial aspects. Dundee I struggle to remember much about, only ever been for the football and to gigs and generally been absolutely bladdered before, during and after. I don't mind Aberdeen, but the stereotype of everything being fucking grey is too true. Inverness is no bad but just a bit small.

Also, the majority of "Working class Glaswegians" these days seem to confuse being an overgrown ned with being working class. Two very different things.

FWIW, I come from Clydebank, ergo I am not a f*cking weegie.

Clydebank is weegie.  Happy to help.

7 minutes ago, Torpar said:

The number of people I've heard say they or their family were originally from Glasgow but moved away tells me all I need to know about the place. And why the f**k would you not put sauce on your chips??

Not sure if I should point out the irony or if you are fishing for a bite. I'll hedge my bets with this comment.

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

Not sure if I should point out the irony or if you are fishing for a bite. I'll hedge my bets with this comment.

I should have added that I am fully aware of how shite Inverkeithing/Fife/Most of Scotland is, so I moved. 

3 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Your piss poor attempt at a wind up would be funny if it was actually funny.

I don't see any wind up.  Clydebank is Glasgow.  As is Motherwell, Greenock, Airdrie and every other shithole in between.  We teuchters have a similar level of contempt for weegies that weegies have shown for us on here.  To us you're all weegies, whether you're actually from Glasgow or some post industrial wasteland a few miles away matters not a jot.

9 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

I don't see any wind up.  Clydebank is Glasgow.  As is Motherwell, Greenock, Airdrie and every other shithole in between.  We teuchters have a similar level of contempt for weegies that weegies have shown for us on here.  To us you're all weegies, whether you're actually from Glasgow or some post industrial wasteland a few miles away matters not a jot.

Pretty sure you failed your geography exam you seething mess.

13 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Where does Glasgow end?

Archived