Glaswegians

31 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Thats the thing about the weegies. 

One minute its "oh Glesca is great" the next minute its "haud on a fuckin minute pal, Im fae 10 miles fae Glesca, ahm no a weegie"

Make your fucking minds up.

Hide contents

Looks like Glasgow are still retaining their top of the table position regarding junkie deaths.

https://www.nrscotland.gov.uk/files//statistics/drug-related-deaths/drd2016/16-drug-rel-deaths-tabhb1.pdf

Champions League again.

Hate to break it to you champ, but 'the news' down here in civilisation actually reports current events rather than out of date figures that have just filtered into your teuchter backwater.  And Dundee is currently streets ahead of anywhere in Europe when it comes to letting its citizens die in the streets of drug overdoses. 

Which should make for a catchy slogan in their hapless European City of Culture bid. 

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've not been to Dundee in many a year.
It might be better now than it was at the time but it was a very depressing place.
Rain, grey buildings, boarded up shops, litter, broken glass, dug shite, junkies, loads of Lonsdale trackies.

I couldn't wait to get back to the prosperous west where as a 6 foot man I wasn't gawked at like I was some sort of a giant.

Hate to break it to you champ, but 'the news' down here in civilisation actually reports current events rather than out of date figures that have just filtered into your teuchter backwater.  And Dundee is currently streets ahead of anywhere in Europe when it comes to letting its citizens die in the streets of drug overdoses. 
Which should make for a catchy slogan in their hapless European City of Culture bid. 

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-41761399

Pep mentioned this earlier, but it's the wall St journal rather than NY Times.

Your poor attempts at assimilation won’t work, no one likes Sevco fans including other weegies.  It’s not hard to understand why.

He's bang on right about Glasgow though, jealousy absolutely ripping out of those not lucky enough to live there.

Dundee? give me a break, fucking rednecks.

Two bald men arguing over the corpse of an overdose victim rather than a comb.

Aye pretty much. Both Dundee and Glasgow have some of the poorest areas in Europe. It actually puts in to perspective silly arguments about bragging rights.

Glasgow did very well in the last 30 years to shake off its bleak, industrial image. Dundee took a bit longer to regenerate but these days the city is very much on the up.

5 minutes ago, Romeo said:

He's bang on right about Glasgow though, jealousy absolutely ripping out of those not lucky enough to live there.

Dundee? give me a break, fucking rednecks.

Twa cheeks o’ the same erse right enough.

49 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

This thread is a delicious munchy box of tears and inadequacy from the Teuchters and various other flotsam and jetsam from around Scotland. 

Ahh, but there is no such thing as a delicious munchy box.  Grimy, white track-suited, archetypal weegie street-urchin found.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Would appear even a career in advertising is above your station.    

But give us a reply though.   A wee reminder of your fall from grace, which has trumped even Aung San Suu Kyi. 

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I’ve never lived in Glasgow but I really like it as a city. I did the half marathon there a couple of times and it was good to see a lot more of the city in the route.

Plus, you'd have set a record time with all the stabby Weegies chasing you.

Ho ho ho.

Love Glasgow. 

Like Edinburgh for a visit as well, although if you prefer Edinburgh to Scotland’s biggest and best city, then pack up and move to England. Basically a bigger Edinburgh.

Why anyone has mentioned any of the other utter irrelevances I have no idea (Dundee ffs).

Archived