Glaswegians

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're quite clearly describing Dundee there - which is why it has been practically cut off from the rest of the nation and left to rot; in stark contrast to Scotland's export capital and leading tourist port. 
An Ayr United fan who then chose to live in a teuchter town though: you really did miss out in the lottery of life. 
Greenock as the "leading tourist port" in Scotland is what makes this forum brilliant.

I know you're a smart guy so you'll know that Dundee is actually a shit hot place these days - but I'll forgive you cos I'm from ayr (and we're rational and forgiving people).

See when you meet Americans on holiday, and about 95% of them suddenly want to claim Scottish heritage once they find out you're from Scotland.

Thats what a lot of the people slagging Glasgow on here seem to be like - a hell of a lot also want to highlight family they have who either still are, or originate from, the city.

That's because we're letting you know that we are basing our judgment on evidence - as opposed to the ignorance shown by so many old firm fans (I think the weegies who don't follow one of the two cancers of Scottish football are actually pretty cool folk).

1 hour ago, Finch road said:
2 hours ago, Highland Capital said:
The Yes vote in Inverness was about 60% as I recall.

You recall wrong

What was it just out of interest?  The Highlands went 52% for No, but I recollect talk that the Yes vote in Inverness was in the upper 50s to 60.

3 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

What was it just out of interest?  The Highlands went 52% for No, but I recollect talk that the Yes vote in Inverness was in the upper 50s to 60.

90% in the Gellions.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/sep/21/inverness-i-am-devastated-no-vote

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

People from Greenock having a go at Dundee is like Trump criticising Obama

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

I know you're a smart guy so you'll know that Dundee is actually a shit hot place these days 

Would love to have responded to these utterly delusional claims earlier, but as a cultured member of civilised, non-teuchter Scotland I was too busy watching Channel Four's leading news story this evening on how literally dozens of Dundee's citizens have already died on its streets this year from drug overdoses. By far the highest rate of drug-related deaths in Scotland, the UK or across the EU. A 'shit hot place these days' indeed. 

For Dundee's gormless residents to even think of comparing it favourably with any other place in Scotland right now is therefore quite clearly laughable. You started off with Glasgow at the start of the thread; got bodied by the Clyde Riviera as usual in the middle; and now you're duking it out with the likes of Wishaw and the Fife scheme villages as the most unredeemable dump in the land. 

I believe that the local teuchter parlance for your efforts is 'minter'.

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

Would love to have responded to these utterly delusional claims earlier, but as a cultured member of civilised, non-teuchter Scotland I was too busy watching the Channel Four's leading news story this evening on how literally dozens of Dundee's citizens have already died on its streets this year from drug overdoses. By far the highest rate of drug-related deaths in Scotland, the UK or across the EU. A 'shit hot place these days' indeed. 

For Dundee's gormless residents to even think of comparing it favourably with any other place in Scotland right now is therefore quite clearly laughable. You started off with Glasgow at the start of the thread; got bodied by the Clyde Riviera as usual in the middle; and now you're duking it out with the likes of Wishaw and the Fife scheme villages as the most unredeemable dump in the land. 

“Load of pish” thread for this pish.

ETA beaten to it.

Would love to have responded to these utterly delusional claims earlier, but as a cultured member of civilised, non-teuchter Scotland I was too busy watching the Channel Four's leading news story this evening on how literally dozens of Dundee's citizens have already died on its streets this year from drug overdoses. By far the highest rate of drug-related deaths in Scotland, the UK or across the EU. A 'shit hot place these days' indeed. 

^ kens the score

Thats the thing about the weegies. 

One minute its "oh Glesca is great" the next minute its "haud on a fuckin minute pal, Im fae 10 miles fae Glesca, ahm no a weegie"

Make your fucking minds up.

Spoiler

Looks like Glasgow are still retaining their top of the table position regarding junkie deaths.

https://www.nrscotland.gov.uk/files//statistics/drug-related-deaths/drd2016/16-drug-rel-deaths-tabhb1.pdf

Champions League again.

6 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

This thread is a delicious munchy box of tears and inadequacy from the Teuchters and various other flotsam and jetsam from around Scotland. 

Your poor attempts at assimilation won’t work, no one likes Sevco fans including other weegies.  It’s not hard to understand why.

Archived